guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Finally finished buying all my reno stuff :sport-smiley-018:

Big ticket items left with the below:

- Bed frame

- Sofa

- Dining table

- Coffee / Side table

Will put up some pics of my place tomorrow. Let pics do the talking.. too many words so far!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi could you pm me your id's contact and breakdown of the quote. Quite interested in the fsm you hired too:) Thanks!:)

Edited by inxlee

hello, have you bought your fanco fan? did you settle for a 56" one? my ID said 56" is just nice, but i'm a little worried that it'll look too big!

i read through your lighting list! i have 14 downlights in my living room, can share how many watts you buying? i checked with my electrician but he said its really personal preference :/

Hi Rubypumps,

Have purchased my ceiling fan and down lights yesterday.

Instead of Fanco, I got the Amasco Twist 54" - highly recommended by boss of Royal Fanco and the wind generated is really strong *super like*. Design wise, looks similar to Fanco Aroma.

My down lights are all confirmed LED 12W. If not getting LED but energy saving bulbs, maybe need higher watts. You may need to check with the lighting shop.

I think your reno is faster than mine, so don't think you can wait to see how the ceiling fan look in proportion to the L box in my living room...

Hope you manage to decide those you like!

Edited by guojiawen

House Fengshui Audit Experience

Some of you have been asking about how the FS audit goes. I think no one really listed out their full experience in the RT forum before coz I was also scouting around for info before I engaged my FSM. So hopefully this summery will help those who are keen!

Step 1: Research on suitable FSM

Step 2: Email your preferred FSM for rates

Step 3: If rates acceptable + received keys, ask for auspicious opening date & procedures to follow

Step 4: Buy the stuff required for procedures (includes pineapple, 5 types of fruits, sea salt, tea leaves, green / red beans, rice, incense)

Step 5: Open door on the auspicious day and follow the step by step procedure provided by FSM

Step 6: Welcome FSM to the house. Ask any questions you may have (we didn't have any, just let the FSM do his job)

Step 7: FSM takes about an hour to look around the house + draw his recommendations on the provided floor plan (we are free to do our own things)

Step 8: FSM will walk you around the house to explain what you need to do in each room (remember to take down notes)

Step 9: If there are things you feel that is not implementable, ask for alternatives (note: FSM may not be happy if you ask as they may take it that you doubt / question what he recommends)

Step 10: If have bazi analysis, to sit down and talk about that. If not, thank the FSM, pass him the $$ in an ang pow. Follow up with an email to check for auspicious start renovation / "dong gong" date

Step 11: Discuss the FSM recommendations with your partner after the FSM has left to decide what to implement and what not to implement

Step 12: Meet your ID to discuss your final decisions so he can take note / re-draw 3D drawing as required

Other notes:

- If your FSM is okay to discuss the recommendation with your ID around, just do that so that you don't need to relate everything to your ID again. For my case, my FSM face change when my ID came, so my ID went off. My bad, as I did not ask if I can bring my ID along during the FS audit :unsure:

- If have further questions, scan the drawing the FSM done on your floor plan and email him together with your questions. So he doesn't mix you up with other clients esp if he is a famous FSM.

That's all for the FS audit experience.

Next thing is to email my FSM to ask an auspicious date to move in upon completion of renovation (to email him 2 weeks before the week we intend to move in so he can calculate the date).

For those who also engage in FSM, feel free to add in anything I missed out :lol:

Edited by guojiawen

Summary of FSM Recommendations

1. Put plant outside house at the sharp corner of corridor area (up to chest level)
2. Opaque full height shoe cabinet, no hole in middle, must cover door fully
3. Colour scheme for all rooms / colour for curtains for all rooms
4. To keep certain windows closed at all times + put full black out curtain over these panes.
5. No mirror for TV feature wall / bedrooms / circuit breaker door (reflect bad energy from external)
6. Aromatherapy and photo / painting of sun in the baby room
7. Face study table / bed headboard in a certain direction
8. Placement of LED lights to be on 24/7 in certain rooms / both toilets
9. Placement of clear vase with pebbles / sea salt water in MBR
10. Ensure either door of baby room or common toilet are fully sealed if people are sleeping in that room (buy those rubber things to put under both doors)
11. Air con placement
12. Washing machine placement
13. Hob, sink & fridge placement in kitchen
Edited by guojiawen

Hi could you pm me your id's contact and breakdown of the quote. Quite interested in the fsm you hired too:) Thanks! :)

Hi Inxlee,

Think your mailbox full. PM cannot go through.. :)

House Fengshui Audit Experience

Step 9: If there are things you feel that is not implementable, ask for alternatives (note: FSM may not be happy if you ask as they may take it that you doubt / question what he recommends)

Step 11: Discuss the FSM recommendations with your partner after the FSM has left to decide what to implement and what not to

For those who also engage in FSM, feel free to add in anything I missed out :lol:

Just curious. Is it ok / common to consult FSM but decide not to implement some of the things he advise? Did I read correctly that he advised some lights to be switched on 24 x 7 and some doors sealed close when there are people?

Just curious. Is it ok / common to consult FSM but decide not to implement some of the things he advise? Did I read correctly that he advised some lights to be switched on 24 x 7 and some doors sealed close when there are people?

It is very common not to follow fully or implement some of the thing he advise as long as one is ok with it.

I guess the uneasiness lingers on eventually.

What you mentioned are true, some even request some door to be tilted to a certain angles, certain light to be on 24/7.

Some even mentioned not to sleep in the MBR as well.

It is very common not to follow fully or implement some of the thing he advise as long as one is ok with it.

I guess the uneasiness lingers on eventually.

What you mentioned are true, some even request some door to be tilted to a certain angles, certain light to be on 24/7.

Some even mentioned not to sleep in the MBR as well.

Hi Kstoh, I think the implement part really depends on comfort of individuals (like what O11 suggested too).

Yup he advised some lights to be switched on 24/7. The doors sealed close means to keep one of the door fully closed when there are people sleeping in the baby room. So the rooms still can be used. I used the word sealed coz right now there is a gap at the bottom of the door so must use a rubber to seal that hole up.

Yes for my FSM, he has suggested for quite a number of people to tilt their main door to a certain angle (luckily not for my house as that can be a pretty big headache to implement). Also heard about the not to sleep in MBR recommendation before too.

Noted. I guess in this case, you forgot to put the most important advice.

If you are not prepared to do most of what the FSM might tell you to do, then it is better that you do not consult him in the first place.

Noted. I guess in this case, you forgot to put the most important advice.

If you are not prepared to do most of what the FSM might tell you to do, then it is better that you do not consult him in the first place.

Hi Kstoh,

I actually feel differently. If we engage our FSM and not implement anything at all, then its true that may be better if we don't consult in the first place.

But from what I understand, each recommendation is to counter different things, so implementing some of the recommendations is better than totally not implementing at all..

Hi would like your quotation and contractor contacts, possible to PM me?

Hi Dun mind can pm me yr ID contact? Thanks in advance..

Hihi,

Is your FSM master Chang?

PM-ed all :)