The proper full living room when standing inside

photo5.jpg

Kitchen (Taken from service yard)

photo3.jpg

Service yard

photo4.jpg

Bomb Shelter

photo4-3.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Photos of House (Before Renovation) - Part 2

Corridor (from living room)

photo1-2.jpg

Corridor (from MBR)

photo5-2.jpg

Future baby room

photo2-2.jpg

Study + wardrobe room

photo3-2.jpg

MBR

photo4-2.jpg

Photos of House (Before Renovation) - Part 3

Common toilet

photo2-3.jpg

MBR toilet

photo1-3.jpg

Shower head (similar for both toilets)

photo3-3.jpg

Defects Checking (Part 1)

Checked and reported defects on the day of key collection.

Our ID assured us that he is more particular than us when checking as if it is not noticed during defects checking, he is the one who will have to touch up for us later. Haha. I think he is very experienced in checking for defects though, as he don't look like he spent a lot of time looking..

General defects found

A few uneven tiles + grout lines that are too deep

ID advised not to change too many as knocking it up may damage the cement screed underneath, and may result in tiles popping in the long run.

photo2-5.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

Holes in wall tiles grout lines in toilet + kitchen

Got to fill up up so that insects cannot hide inside! *Yikes*

photo5-3.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

Broken tile in common toilet beside the WC

photo1-5.jpg

Defects Checking (Part 2)

Gaps found on the rubber of one window (Not sealed properly)

Just rectified this morning when we went down.

photo4-4.jpg

Bottom of skirting was filled with white cement instead of silicon / top silicon not filled properly

Thankfully the BSC IC volunteered to scrap off all the white cement and agreed to put silicon over all the skirting around the house. Our ID mentioned the other BSC centre refused to do it for some of our neighbours.

Anw this was rectified one day after we reported the skirting. Again thumbs up for the BSC workers. Really fast and efficient! The skirting is now MUCH MUCH better.

2014-04-15162025.jpg

Corner skirting was slanted

The picture is taken this morning after rectification was done. Still looks dirty but will be alright after chemical wash + new coat of white paint.

photo-2.jpg

Two scratches on bomb shelter door (no photo but was rectified)

Plastering not done properly on wall (no photo but was rectified)

No choking was found in the drains as well. ID mentioned that it was common for older BTOs, but after so many complaints, they no longer throw cement down the drainage.

Edited by guojiawen

Hi Kstoh,

I actually feel differently. If we engage our FSM and not implement anything at all, then its true that may be better if we don't consult in the first place.

But from what I understand, each recommendation is to counter different things, so implementing some of the recommendations is better than totally not implementing at all..

Noted with thanks. By chance, I just saw received a junk mail in my mailbox that caught my attention. Check out their website and read "About Us".

http://www.fengshuiorganizers.com/

Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed your informative t-blog.

Hi Spyster,

No prob! Enjoyed recording down my reno journey as well. It can serve as memories (hopefully good ones) down the road :lol:

Noted with thanks. By chance, I just saw received a junk mail in my mailbox that caught my attention. Check out their website and read "About Us".

http://www.fengshuiorganizers.com/

Checked it out, but doesn't say much? :)

Its just a site to buy things that help to organise our house to make it less cluttered? Or did I miss anything?

Updates on Defects

Summary of post #394 + #395

1. Two scratches on bomb shelter door

2. Gaps found on the rubber of one window (Not sealed properly)

3. Plastering not done properly on wall

4. Corner skirting was slanted

5. Bottom of skirting was filled with white cement instead of silicon / top silicon not filled properly

6. Broken tile in common toilet beside the WC

7. Holes in wall tiles grout lines in toilet + kitchen

8. Uneven tiles + grout lines that are too deep

Defects reported to BSC on 15th April + 1 additional defect reported to BSC on 19 April.

All defects rectified as of 21 April :good:

Renovation Day 1 - 19 April

Knocking of my MBR toilet vanity + WC on the auspicious start renovation day

Hubby & mum say v sayang... but... I really don't like.... so CHANGE!

photo3-8.jpg

Okay that was the only thing done that day as my ID couldn't coordinate his contractors + gather the raw materials since the day before was a PH.

Remember to shout HUAT AH loud loud when knocking the right spot at the auspicious time.

It's also encouraged to give a red packet to the person knocking the spot. Kind of like symbolising luck for the renovation.

Edited by guojiawen

Renovation Day 3 - 21 April

Yesterday was the day when renovation started full force. Putting pics to let it do the talking.

We bought 4 cartons of mineral water for the workers (supposed to last them through the entire 6 weeks of renovation).

photo1-7.jpg

Equipments all stacked on top of cardboards to start the base for my kitchen cabinets, fridge and washing machine.

Can also see the uncle in the kitchen opening drawing out the dimensions of the base on the floor.

photo2-8.jpg

The cement (i think) placed at the correct places!

photo4-7.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

This was all we saw so far today. Heading down again tomorrow to pass our ID some stuff. Hopefully there's more photos to update!

I think i'm getting separation anxiety from the renovation :~

Was cracking my brains this morning trying to run through anything I may have forgotten or missed out. Hubby was totally calm and just standing around waiting for me to finish thinking :bangwall: Guess he really TOTALLY left all decisions to me for this renovation, just as I wished for :lol:

But anyway my ID sensed my gan cheong-ness i think, and kept reassuring me that if we forget anything, he is just a whatsapp or Skype call away. He will also take photos for us whenever there are updates to the renovation :wub:

I'm particularly thankful that he offered to schedule all our deliveries and check and receive them on our behalf. It is practically impossible for us to do so and may be really tiring for my mum to run up and down to do it. Especially since delivery timing are always not fixed and span over a few hours. By doing so, he already told us he takes the responsibility if things get stolen or broken. So he will ensure our house is locked well everyday :sport-smiley-018:

So far, all raves and no rants for my ID :dancingqueen: