Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Me also can't wait to see.. Your TB is 2 and counting...

Yes, 2 and counting is definitely right. Already shortlisted 30 over items that I will buy nearer the date of moving in!

Will you be sharing your beautifully renovated house too? ;)

Hi,

Could you share your quotes with me? Thanks in advance.

Hi xiang,

As my ID quotes have increased since I signed with him, I am no longer sharing the detailed quotes to be fair to him. Would you still like to know his contact details? Let me know, thanks!

Yes, 2 and counting is definitely right. Already shortlisted 30 over items that I will buy nearer the date of moving in!

Will you be sharing your beautifully renovated house too? ;)

Soon soon, most likely when I can move in to enjoy the larger space and air con... ;)

Your progress doing good.

When is your targeted moving period?

Soon soon, most likely when I can move in to enjoy the larger space and air con... ;)

Your progress doing good.

When is your targeted moving period?

Will keep a lookout for ur tblog!

I shld either move in in July or sept.. depends on auspiscious dates :)

Renovation Day 26 - 14 May

Citygas up in service yard!

2014-05-14175656.jpg

Ugly pipings but will be boxed up by a cabinet.

2014-05-14175709.jpg

More piping to my hob. Will be covered by kitchen cabinets.

2014-05-14175653.jpg

Things for renovation delivered today!

2014-05-14175754.jpg

2014-05-14180012.jpg

No pictures of the delivered goods though. Guess will only see when they are all installed!

Will you be hiding the copper pipe?

An easy way is to just paint it the same color as the big pipes...

Hi Jiawen,

Have PM-ed u, but just in case you didn't receive, can you email me your ID contact details and quotation breakdown too? Thanks!

Hi Gloria,

PM-ed you :)

Will you be hiding the copper pipe?

An easy way is to just paint it the same color as the big pipes...

Yup for the big pipes side, they will all be covered with a cabinet. Built one in the service yard to hide the unsightly pipes + to keep my brooms / mops / detergent etc.

For the rest of the space where the city gas piping cannot be hidden, I requested my ID to paint them all white to camouflage it ;)

Will post when it is done so we can see if they can really be camouflaged or not (i hope it is well hidden!).

Yup for the big pipes side, they will all be covered with a cabinet. Built one in the service yard to hide the unsightly pipes + to keep my brooms / mops / detergent etc.

For the rest of the space where the city gas piping cannot be hidden, I requested my ID to paint them all white to camouflage it ;)

Will post when it is done so we can see if they can really be camouflaged or not (i hope it is well hidden!).

Mine is painted in the kitchen for the ceiling, I din really thought of it. The ID just handle it and it looks great!

neighbour! reno doing fine and fast! hope to c the final product soon hehe :good:

Thanks neighbour! It should be all done by mid June if theres not hiccups along the way for carpentry! But will lack the essential furnitures as I haven yet to purchase them ;)

Mine is painted in the kitchen for the ceiling, I din really thought of it. The ID just handle it and it looks great!

Kudos to your ID for ensuring everything looks great for ur house. He/she must really take pride in her work!

Updates on Lighting

This is our original plan for downlights in the house

photo1-1.jpg

After our lights arrived on Wednesday, my ID contacted me today as we bought extra lights (15 instead of 13 required). Plus I changed another downlight for the dining area to my chandelier. So it turns out that we have 3 extra downlights!

Kiasu us (me actually) decided to buy more downlights in case we need to change. But our ID shared that we don't have to do that. So in the end, he proposed the below to use up all the downlights purchased so we don't have to waste them.

2 downlights (highlighted in pink) added along the window side of our L Box, which is also longer, and one downlight added to the passageway (not indicated in the picture).

photo2-1.jpg?t=1400220545

Those will be added for us at no additional charge.

It was really nice of him to think of how to utilise the remaining downlights and adding them on FOC for us. Truthfully, we didn't even really think through what we wanted to do with the extras at all. Haha!

Have I mentioned how lucky we are to have found our ID already? :notti:

More Updates

Lights and ceiling fan are up today!

Discussed some kitchen carpentry decisions and feature wall decisions with my ID over Skype earlier as well.

Pictures coming up tomorrow :sport-smiley-018: