Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Thanks Claypot :)

Went to google my hob. It's battery operated.. In that case I guess 2 sockets will be enough on the hob side - 1 for hood, 1 for miscellaneous cooking stuff when needed.

Haha, i think you can tell from my response that hubby and I are not very tech savvy.

DVD player = media player?

For router / modem, new BTO is inside the circuit breaker box area if i'm not mistaken, so the original modem I was referring to is the wi-fi extender thing..

What's NAS?

Now in total I have - TV, DVD player, sound system, game console, wi-fi extender, SCV box..

Faint.. really a huge energy guzzler indeed!

some people will have a DVD player where you will put a DVD disc into the player.

media players are those that have a harddisk inside and usually do not play from discs, but from the harddisk. examples include

http://acryan.com/sg/ AC Ryan

http://www.popcornhour.com.ph/ popcorn hour

and other brands

NAS = network attached storage

if you share files between family members or between different devices, NAS comes in handy. It can also prevent data loss using specific RAID configurations too.

Also if you have Apple TV, that's another point :help::jawdrop:

maybe if you get wireless headphones next time, the transmitter also need power :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My total electrical came up to $2100, what about you guys?

Hey Vct,

So far I have the following quoted for $1060 (forgot to add, pricing was before bargaining):

Est 13 lighting points

Est 2 double sockets

Est 2 single socket

Est 20 installation of lights

Est 1 installation of ceiling fan

Not sure how many existing sockets HDB have and how many more I have to top up.. Will update when i manage to get a copy of the electrical plan. Have asked my neighbours in FB group for it just now..

Edited by guojiawen

Hood definitely need socket. As for hob, it depends. it you getting induction hob then need socket. if gas-hob, then you must check which brand/model you will be getting, as some do not need power socket, they use battery to create the spark to ignite the gas, while others use electricity to spark.

Thanks Claypot :)

Went to google my hob. It's battery operated.. In that case I guess 2 sockets will be enough on the hob side - 1 for hood, 1 for miscellaneous cooking stuff when needed.

TV, DVD, sound system, one game console, modem.

how about media player,router, NAS ? then sometimes you may need to attach other peripheral devices (e,g camera, etc) on adhov basis.

The TV console is one energy guzzler.

Haha, i think you can tell from my response that hubby and I are not very tech savvy.

DVD player = media player?

For router / modem, new BTO is inside the circuit breaker box area if i'm not mistaken, so the original modem I was referring to is the wi-fi extender thing..

What's NAS?

Now in total I have - TV, DVD player, sound system, game console, wi-fi extender, SCV box..

Faint.. really a huge energy guzzler indeed!

you gonna get used to me calling you a bro :S common salutation LOL.

oh man, i email Jason but no reply at all :S

haha. i should feel honoured then, joining the brotherhood league? :P

opps. i think maybe he's suddenly flooded with requests for quotations. from what I know, currently there's only he and his brother doing the biz. maybe you can call him directly? i PM you his number :)

• Like 1

Wah... I was counting and counting.. thought 6 should be nice enough already :o

TV, DVD, sound system, one game console, modem.

how about media player,router, NAS ? then sometimes you may need to attach other peripheral devices (e,g camera, etc) on adhov basis.

The TV console is one energy guzzler.

Hood definitely need socket. As for hob, it depends. it you getting induction hob then need socket. if gas-hob, then you must check which brand/model you will be getting, as some do not need power socket, they use battery to create the spark to ignite the gas, while others use electricity to spark.

Oh.. I didn't realise hood and hob requires sockets. Thanks for highlighting that..

Hey Takaishi.... it's a sis here ;)

Yup no hacking involved.. so need to walk through 2 doors to the toilet.. actually 3 doors if we include the toilet door. but nowadays HDB is very small, so not going to walk too far :lol:

you gonna get used to me calling you a bro :S common salutation LOL.

oh man, i email Jason but no reply at all :S

TV console need LOTS of sockets. I am planning on 8 there.

Wah... I was counting and counting.. thought 6 should be nice enough already :o

bro check with you, your WIW right, need to go pass 2 doors to go to MBR toilet.. no hacking yea?

Hey Takaishi.... it's a sis here ;)

Yup no hacking involved.. so need to walk through 2 doors to the toilet.. actually 3 doors if we include the toilet door. but nowadays HDB is very small, so not going to walk too far :lol:

Fridge side of the kitchen, you need socket for you hood and hob as well. If there is a small table space, you may consider one more.

In case you wanna use a blender etc, right beside the sink.

Not to put sockets in toilet but outside the toilets, for vacuuming purposes or even a quick charge of electric toothbrush etc.

Oh.. I didn't realise hood and hob requires sockets. Thanks for highlighting that..

Will also think through about needing a socket outside the toilet.. Or maybe put it on the short wall inside bedroom 2 so can double as a point for ironing clothes + for vacuuming the corridor area..

TV/Entertainment area - Let me think (I'm not at home now), I have the TV, DVD, 2 xboxes, mio gateway, fiber optic modem, mio tv box and sound system controller.

Hope this help.

Thanks Apple1, think will have to increase it to 6 sockets... to house TV, DVD, sound system, one game console, modem.

Luckily I asked for opinions!

wow it looks very nice, how much is such a reno sia?

Hello LionFlyer, thanks for dropping by :)

The reno cost is about 28k at the moment inclusive of system 4 aircon.

Not sure how much it will be after reno and the variation orders though. Currently changes already include decreasing L shaped shoe cabinet from 6 ft to 3ft, so saving $690 from that. But seems like I need to add on quite a bit for power sockets. There's also a dent in at the living room wall which we have not yet decide whether to box up so it can be flushed as a straight line..

Hoping to still cap it all within 28k :notti:

Edited by guojiawen

TV/Entertainment area - Let me think (I'm not at home now), I have the TV, DVD, 2 xboxes, mio gateway, fiber optic modem, mio tv box and sound system controller.

Hope this help.

Fridge side of the kitchen, you need socket for you hood and hob as well. If there is a small table space, you may consider one more.

In case you wanna use a blender etc, right beside the sink.

Not to put sockets in toilet but outside the toilets, for vacuuming purposes or even a quick charge of electric toothbrush etc.

your own house also so many plugs? ma chiam free one lei your ideas lol