Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi... I have been following this thread with great interest cos we share the same floor plan! Do you mind sharing with me your ID & total price of your reno? Thanks :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Jiawen:

Find sharing with me your ID?

Thanks.

Pm-ed :)

Photobucket has emailed that I'm reaching my bandwidth for the month soon.

Any recommendations on user friendly photo hosting sites that doesn't have this bandwidth thing?

try flickr

Any recommendations on user friendly photo hosting sites that doesn't have this bandwidth thing?

or use google drive or microsoft skydrive or dropbox

all got HUGE capacities.

try flickr

Thanks neighbour, will go try it out :)

or use google drive or microsoft skydrive or dropbox

all got HUGE capacities.

I'm storing my photos in dropbox currently. How do I get the link to share in RT directly? :help:

1) in dropbox, go to photos directly.

2) right-click on photo and select "share photo"

3) click on "get link"

4) cut-paste the URL link

5) in RT, click on "img"

6) paste the link under the URL textbox

hope that helps

Thanks! Am so happy to have gotten my keys too :)

I'm using 8 12W LED daylight downlights but no cove lighting.

Hmm, I think the brightness really depends on individual preferences. One of our neighbours got 16W LED downlights.

I think for mine 12W is enough as the space is used for watching TV. If we really need to read and it is not bright enough, I will buy a standing lamp by the sofa..

Hi guojiawen,

So where did you buy your downlights from eventually?

1) in dropbox, go to photos directly.

2) right-click on photo and select "share photo"

3) click on "get link"

4) cut-paste the URL link

5) in RT, click on "img"

6) paste the link under the URL textbox

hope that helps

Thanks alfredt, I have some updates on my house reno. Will try the dropbox method tonight :)

Hi guojiawen,

So where did you buy your downlights from eventually?

Hi mrslee07,

I got my lights from choon ying trading eventually.. Will share more tonight!

Edited by guojiawen

Renovation Day 12 - 30 April

Just tried both dropbox and flickr but I just can't get them to work. Argh. Back to good old photo bucket (with another username).

Flushing of living room wall, living room L box, all curtain pelmets and air con trunking box up are done!

My living room air con trunking boxed up

2014-04-30182812.jpg

Curtain pelmet in the bedroom (same across all three rooms)

2014-04-30182904.jpg

22" L box in the living room

2014-04-30182956.jpg

Flushing of living room wall

2014-04-30182828.jpg

My mum went up to take a look on Labours Day. She likes the workmanship so far. Say it's well done up. Yay!

Purchases (Lights)

My house lightings are really simple. No dining lights or chandeliers etc.

Was supposed to head down to Shor's recommendation for the lights, but as the timing was delayed on the suppliers end, we ended up going to XXX to take a look first. It's a wholesale factory at Kaki Bukit recommended by my mum's friend. I can only say, the sales power of the owner is really strong. Once we entered, we couldn't escape (probably we weren't firm enough). Hence ended up buying from them..

Luckily we bought the rest of the stuff from Song Cho and Royal Fanco already. Or else I'm sure we will end up buying everything with them. Will provide follow up review on their lightings when everything is installed. Have not found much reviews on them online. Saw a few negative ones though (mostly too pushy in sales, and lights kept spoiling - crossing fingers).

Managed to bargain for 1 year warranty and for the PLC energy saving lights to be upgraded to LED lights at a lower cost. But pricing definitely cannot be compared to Taobao for sure.

Bedrooms / Kitchen Lights

BedroomLights.jpg

Service Yard / Toilet Lights

CeilingLight.jpg

12W LED downlights

SquareLEDdaylightdownlight.jpg

Edited by guojiawen

Purchases from Choon Ying Trading (Lights)

My house lightings are really simple. No dining lights or chandeliers etc.

Was supposed to head down to Shor's recommendation for the lights, but as the timing was delayed on the suppliers end, we ended up going to Choon Ying Trading to take a look first. It's a wholesale factory at Kaki Bukit recommended by my mum's friend. I can only say, the sales power of the owner is really strong. Once we entered, we couldn't escape (probably we weren't firm enough). Hence ended up buying from them..

Luckily we bought the rest of the stuff from Song Cho and Royal Fanco already. Or else I'm sure we will end up buying everything with them. Will provide follow up review on their lightings when everything is installed. Have not found much reviews on them online. Saw a few negative ones though (mostly too pushy in sales, and lights kept spoiling - crossing fingers).

Managed to bargain for 1 year warranty and for the PLC energy saving lights to be upgraded to LED lights at a lower cost. But pricing definitely cannot be compared to Taobao for sure.

Bedrooms / Kitchen Lights

BedroomLights.jpg

Service Yard / Toilet Lights

CeilingLight.jpg

12W LED downlights

SquareLEDdaylightdownlight.jpg

nice bro!!! Is the LED chip Samsung also? What's the brand of the driver? Look nice too.

nice bro!!! Is the LED chip Samsung also? What's the brand of the driver? Look nice too.

Hey shor!

The LED chips and brand are from Taiwan and the boss assured that they are of great quality. Guess only time will tell...

Pity I couldn't get mine from Greg :wacko: But pricing wasn't too big of a diff :)

Edited by guojiawen