Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Things are falling into place really nicely.

Will be having my key collection + auspicious door opening ceremony + house feng shui audit + bazi reading + meeting with ID to do measurements all on the same day.

*super happy!*

Hi can u provide some insights to thus house fengshui audit. How does that work

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello, have you bought your fanco fan? did you settle for a 56" one? my ID said 56" is just nice, but i'm a little worried that it'll look too big!

i read through your lighting list! i have 14 downlights in my living room, can share how many watts you buying? i checked with my electrician but he said its really personal preference :/

Any comment on the FSM so far? Does he ask you to buy FS stuff from him?

Hey spyster,

Nop no buying of FS stuff. Engaged him as he is raved in RT to be v accurate.

Will be updating what he suggested in more details in another post when i have more time..

Hi can u provide some insights to thus house fengshui audit. How does that work

Hi bianzi,

Will update about it soon :)

Edited by guojiawen

hello, have you bought your fanco fan? did you settle for a 56" one? my ID said 56" is just nice, but i'm a little worried that it'll look too big!

i read through your lighting list! i have 14 downlights in my living room, can share how many watts you buying? i checked with my electrician but he said its really personal preference :/

Hi Rubypumps,

I am going to look at the fan tomorrow.

Just finished our lighting points etc today and our ID confirmed our L Box to be 22" to accommodate our TV feature wall. He says that 5 room BTO is huge enough for 56" fan. So I'm likely getting a 54" one as I think the Fanco Aroma only comes in that size.

Am also lucky that my house is pretty windy. So hopefully the ceiling fan can generate enough wind and we don't need to on air con that frequently!

For the lights, if its not LED, my ID suggested minimum 18W for those energy saving lights. I'm thinking of getting LED and 12W for each downlight. But it's really personal preference. All my LED will be white light and there won't be any ambience lighting in my living room (except from the ceiling fan which can switch between warm / cool / white).

Not sure if my sharing helped =x All the best for your reno! :)

Wardrobe Planning

My ID was really fast, after sending him my wardrobe planning yesterday, he drew out a rough sketch by hand and showed me this morning to confirm his understanding. I revised it again per his suggestion about my pull out mirror.

This is what I referred to when planning (shared by another RT blogger) + I referred to IKEA wardrobes as well.

WardrobePlanning.png

This is what I came up with in the end:

Door 1 - Common items like towels / bedsheets etc

Door 2 - For my less common worn shoes / make up / skin care items (Pull out mirror there as my standing dresser)

Door 3 to 6 - For my clothes / bags / belts / accessories etc

Door 7 to 8 - For hubby's clothes

Wardrobe1-1.png

Wardrobe2-1.png

Jiawen, I think the kitchen should have 2 lights.

Fully agreed, standard lighting point provided for the kitchen these days is one but it won't be sufficient unless you are using 1.5m or 1.8m T5 lightings.

Jiawen, I think the kitchen should have 2 lights.

Fully agreed, standard lighting point provided for the kitchen these days is one but it won't be sufficient unless you are using 1.5m or 1.8m T5 lightings.

O11 / Mavicaste,

I got one LED ceiling light (24W) in the middle of the kitchen and put additional t5 lighting under the tall unit side of my kitchen cabinet..

It should be enough I hope!