Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi lookaround, I am very impressed by your house reno at such a tight budget. Could you share with me your carpenter/ID's contact? I would like to redo my kicthen & dining area. Thanks.

PM box full.

Hi bro.. Your house is very nicely done, mind sharing your contacts and I'll email them for a quote?

Btw, your sink that looks cramp doesn't looks ok.. You might want to check with them and verify again.. :)

Hi,

can PM me your contractor's contact?

thank you!

hazeltanww@gmail.com

Got my keys in late Dec 2013 and finally after months and months, weeks and weeks of meeting IDs, contractors of all shapes and kinds. When most of the neighbours in the same estate have already moved in.(Sometimes, do feel abit awkward when the neighbours have already moved in for months and we are at still at the prospecting stage of the renovation, meeting IDs,contractor at our flat for dicussion.)

After countless of meeting, we finally managed to commission a ID to do up our BTO flat and the works will be starting on friday.

Our ID have also drafted a plan for the delivery of the work.

Friday- Haulage work

Saturday-Tiling and meeting the electrician (Will consider to get my contact if the price is too steep).

Monday-Build partition, Aircon installation, Aluminium work measurement

Tuesday - Vesak Day(No work)

Wednesday - Electrical work, Glass works measurement

Thursday - Painting of flat

Friday - Painting of flat

Saturday - Painting of flat( Delivery of items required for renovation items, lights, storage heater,kitchen sink,tap,mini spray, spray valve, miscellaneous accessories, cooker hood and hob )

Monday - Lights installations

Battle, check your pm.

wroomwroom, this might not be true if you did not manage to engage the real "contractors." Nowadays, alot of the so-called contractor also charge about the same as what a reasonable id would charged. One must really have the necessary contact or know the "market/cost price", if not will be tio makan GAO GAO by the so called contractors and having to deal with many parties especially when there are damages on the renovation. Some contractors also "outsource" some of their works to other parties, so the cost-saving parts is only possible if you could get a "honest" contractor or the working party. Even for my reno, i think it could still be cheaper by at least another 15%, if i manage to get the contractor. (but i think very hard)

Time for my renovation updates.

I was initially disappointed :( when i make a surprise visit to the flat as there seem to be no "visible" changes in the flat but somehow the flooring is abit dusty and the flat is "stuffy." Just as i was about to leave feeling disappointed, i suddenly had the thought to "clean" the flooring. After i was done, i was :) .

Could anyone notice the difference :sport-smiley-004: ? Take a look at the image below and compare it with the next image.

Original condition at the start of the reno.

gallery_59794_363_268883.jpg

gallery_59794_10_85857.jpg

Yes, yes, did you notice that there is a aluminium windows grilles and sliding window now. Sliding horizontal window grilles and sliding windows. I then realized that no wonder my flat is so stuffy and the flooring is abit dusty , it must be during the installation of the sliding windows and window grills, they closed all the windows. No wonder i am feeling stuffy as the entire flat has been 'boxed up.'

The grilles for the living room

gallery_59794_10_99390.jpg

Was amazed when i could open up the windows grilles this way, this could definitely make general cleaning of the windows much easier.

Room grillesgallery_59794_10_89938.jpg

From this picture, it look as if there is no grilles.

gallery_59794_10_64678.jpg

Lastly, presenting the main bedroom windows grilles

gallery_59794_10_88270.jpg

Did you manage to observe that the grilles is different :)

Lastly, did a check with id and he informed that all the carpentry items will be delivered on next week and requested that i get ready all the additional small small items that required installation. Looks like my renovation journey is really ending soon. Posting in the reno t-chat sometimes is pretty troublesome, have to upload pictures to the gallery and each post is limited to 6 images.

Renovation journey so far is still pretty smooth-sailing, keeping my finger-crossed till the carpentry works is delivered next week.

Hi

could you please kindly share with me your contractor/ ID contact?

im getting keys at end of this month but have yet to find any. thank you v much!

sheryl

sheryl.y.teo@gmail.com