Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Was it Crafted/Designed in Italy? If really Made in Italy, I don't know. Maybe it is OEM from Italy, which is common. Which model did you get?

On the right side of the oven interior, it was printed Made in Italy... of course I don't really know if they can simply print without meaning it.But I guess I don't really need a very high end oven, so as long as it can do its job and last me for a couple of years (2 years warranty given), it should suffice for now, given the price I paid.

Anyway, I got the EF BN1950S. Picture of the oven just above your post. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Part 2

10057606_zps68af36bb.jpg

Hario microwavable stacky tupperware

img60981378_zps79a574e2.jpg

Takeya air tight containers

t1k1_zps9d2e2d0c.jpg

Towel hanger

aguua_top_zps4a85d21c.jpg

Ohki stainless steel dish tray

brbcg_siyou02_zps14721feb.jpg

Rice dispenser

img58934977_zpsdbe03622.jpg

Kitchen towel holder

Very nice loots! :good: love the rice dispenser and cereal bowl especially! can you share the link to purchase it?

Very nice loots! :good: love the rice dispenser and cereal bowl especially! can you share the link to purchase it?

Hihi, here are the links for the rice dispenser and cereal bowl. But both are from Rakuten Japan, so the site is in Japanese. :) \

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/mhomestyle/10008500/ cereal bowl

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/manmaru/10095780/ rice dispenser

HTH~!

Visited the new place again today to check on the painting as well as label our toilet fittings for the plumber to fix at the right bathrooms tomorrow. Was there in the evening and we spotted this solo painter finishing up the second coat of paint. Looks pretty good, although it was too dark to take any good pictures of the walls.

We got a nice surprise when we saw that our new switches have been installed, and I really like the color combi, although the camera phone does no justice to the real thing.

photo8_zps9934a8f3.jpgphoto9_zps2bc7a8e6.jpg

It's more of a shimmery pearl in real life, with a darker tone of brown, to fit with our theme.

Not sure why my pictures are still turning out in the wrong orientation though I have already rotated it in photobucket. :(

The service yard huge ugly pipes have also been boxed up very nicely, much to our delight!

photo10_zpsaf22fe30.jpg

Cross my fingers that the renovation will progress smoothly! :thumbs up:

Thanks.

All in Japanese language :help:

Hihi, yah I suppose that's why most ppl dont shop on Rakuten Japan yet. One way you can do is to use the Chrome function of Auto-translate (although the translation is a bit funny at times).

Anyway, I tried googling for a similar item in Taobao, so I think if you want, can consider getting from Taobao?

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.532.KVisRB&id=37961025370

HTH ~! :yamseng:

• Like 1

Updates updates.

The hubs and I must be one of the slackest homeowners! We haven't visited our new place for more than week to check on the reno works! Work has been really crazy and I guess we decided to just place faith in our ID to help us settle everything. So far, toilet WC and shower sets have been installed. Photos were sent to us by ID to update us.

updates02_zps031cfe1b.jpg

Common bathroom basin and tap

updates09_zps1a1fa583.jpg

Master bathroom WC and shower set.

Can't wait to head down and personally look at the new shower fittings! All the Grohe taps and shower sets are finally up!

First round of painting has also been completed and the house looks bright and cheery now!

updates10_zpsfb097745.jpg

First round of floor washing was done on Saturday as the Vinyl flooring was scheduled to be laid yesterday and today. Initially we planned to visit the new place over the weekend to check on the washing and see if we needed to do our own cleaning as well, but alas we were too busy, and now I can only pray that the cleaner has done a good job and our Vinyl flooring will be laid smoothly. ID was there to supervise as well, so hope things turn out well!

Originally we signed up with HERF and paid a deposit, but eventually decided to forfeit the package as the price quoted by HERF was really too high, comparing it to the Vinyl package offered by our ID. Also, HERF did not include skirting installation, but for the one quoted by my ID, skirting is also included. I understand that some people did mention before that skirtings are not necessary for HERF flooring, but we prefer to have skirtings to cover up those small unsightly gaps, as well as give ourselves peace of mind in worrying that ants/insects might find homes in these little holes in future.

updates01_zps606f9bb7.jpg

Vinyl flooring for the bedrooms and skirting

For the living room, we picked a very pale shade of beige so that it can complement our dark walnut shade carpentry work. For bedrooms, ID suggested a warmer shade (darker colors), and we liked the idea, so altogether two different shades to separate out the living room and bedrooms. No pictures of the Vinyl flooring for living room as ID didn't send us any.

updates06_zps5dd1eb62.jpg

updates07_zps09df8f42.jpg

All the flooring stuff to prepare for the laying of the Vinyl. Looking forward to seeing the end results! :sport-smiley-018:

On a side note, despite the smooth progress so far, we are quite irritated with the air con company. In fact, I feel very sorry for the sales people as they probably will need to handle a lot of **** work caused by their technical side. Initially the air con installation was scheduled on yesterday at 2-3pm, then they called and say that due to some delays, they would only be able to reach at 4pm, which we thought was still reasonable. BUT, they ended up calling us at 6pm and said they would only be there in 30 minutes' time and ID side refused to let them carry out the installation, as it was supposedly past the official working/renovation hours. Also, we couldn't risk letting them enter the place and install the units without any supervision as the flooring was done halfway, plus we had quite a bit of stuff in the house too. NOW, they are saying the earliest installation date they can offer us is NEXT MONTH! :curse: We are in the midst of arranging the earliest date for installation, and hopefully something can be worked out soon.

Sigh, that's like the major hiccup in our renovation progress so far. Other than that, we are probably looking at receiving the carpentry by end of this week, as well as get our window grilles and blinds up! Cross our fingers for a smooth and easy renovation! :thumbs up:

Wow sucky with the air con, what company is it?

4ddd: I would prefer not to disclose the company's name yet, as they have not completed my installations and I really hope they won't screw up anymore on this job! Hope you understand!

We finally had time to pop by the new place yesterday! The flooring is all done up! :good:

update2705-01_zps2b14d440.jpg

update2705-08_zpsd7f43bbf.jpg

Close up shot of the living room + study flooring

update2705-04_zpsa3555fa0.jpg

Darker shade of flooring for the bedrooms

update2705-03_zps0da85d4a.jpgupdate2705-07_zpse598abd5.jpg

Grohe shower sets for Common Bathroom (Left) and MBR (Right) installed. Just can't seem to capture a good shot of the fittings somehow... maybe it's the time that we always drop by, so hard to get a decent shot!

update2705-05_zps135890cf.jpg

Most visible trunking in the entire house :bleah: at the MBR. Sigh!!!

Today's the day for many many deliveries! BUT Hoe Kee just called yesterday and informed us that my Fujioh glass hob is OOS and they have no idea when new stocks will come in! :angry2: So they offered us an option of getting the white glass top instead (which they claim is a new color) and we got to top up $30. :curse: Felt rather annoyed, but we didn't really want anymore delays especially when ID just updated us yesterday that carpentry should be in within 3-4 days' time. Oh well, at least I guess the hob will flush well with my white Quartz top!

Oh and lastly, any tips here on what to look out for/ check on carpentry? Hubs and I are total noobs, so will really appreciate any good advise! :good:

Thanks!

For my case on carpentry :

Joints' part must not have holes and must be sealed with silicon.

Carpentry between floor and ceiling must be sealed.

Laminates on wood should not have any hollow (Air bubble) in between.

(*Hope this help)

Updates Part 1

ID texted me yesterday to update that some of the carpentry had already arrived yesterday, and when I went down with ID to check on the place, I was surprised. The workers are really fast!

Let the pictures do the talking!

update2905-5_zps0f756f5b.jpg

Shoe cabinet with half done partition

update2905-6_zps7e1a69b0.jpg

Living room grilles have been installed yesterday. The white powder coated grilles look good!

update2905-7_zpsb3f80be9.jpg

Construction of settee and TV console in progress

update2905-9_zpscc6462e9.jpg

Study bookshelves in the midst of construction

update2905-8_zps22d872be.jpg

Close up of the bookshelves internal PVC. It's the same for the WIW!