Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi five to you, I think I am worst.

I end up not buying things I review, and buying things I did not review.

In the end, it's aesthetic and aesthetic... 😅

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A short update on what has been done.

Air con company sent their men over for the first installation of the trunkings and pipes. As we did not take leave, so we left it to our ID to oversee the installation, since prior to that we had already met up with the air con side people for a site survey. Installation seems alright, with most of the trunking well hidden, except for MBR because of the weird location of our outlet point to the aircon ledge. Oh well, I suppose after painting, it should be able to blend in.

Review on air con company so far... the customer service side is really good, although installation team seems quite problematic from time to time (they requested if we could postpone our first installation on the day of installation itself, but we insisted that we couldn't change the dates) and in the end they managed to stick to the original timing and arrangement. Trunking looked alright and presentable, so we shall see how final installation goes.

Painting work will be done today. All rooms will be painted in Nippon Vinilex 5000 Snowflakes, with a wall in the MBR painted Maldives Sand. We also confirmed our grilles and blinds installation.

Renovations seems to be progressing smoothly for now, and we are really looking forward to end completion soon!

On a side note, just wondering if this is the norm, our ID actually mentioned that the plumber will be coming in this week to fix the bathroom WC and shower fixtures. So does this means the workers will be using our WC and shower too? I do understand that they need to relief themselves, but I am not really comfortable with the idea of them showering in my toilets, using my new toilet fixtures. Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks!

Haha, I think it's very normal! So long 买得开心, that's most impt! hehe :thumbs up:

Hi five to you, I think I am worst.

I end up not buying things I review, and buying things I did not review.

In the end, it's aesthetic and aesthetic...

A short update on what has been done.

Air con company sent their men over for the first installation of the trunkings and pipes. As we did not take leave, so we left it to our ID to oversee the installation, since prior to that we had already met up with the air con side people for a site survey. Installation seems alright, with most of the trunking well hidden, except for MBR because of the weird location of our outlet point to the aircon ledge. Oh well, I suppose after painting, it should be able to blend in.

Review on air con company so far... the customer service side is really good, although installation team seems quite problematic from time to time (they requested if we could postpone our first installation on the day of installation itself, but we insisted that we couldn't change the dates) and in the end they managed to stick to the original timing and arrangement. Trunking looked alright and presentable, so we shall see how final installation goes.

Painting work will be done today. All rooms will be painted in Nippon Vinilex 5000 Snowflakes, with a wall in the MBR painted Maldives Sand. We also confirmed our grilles and blinds installation.

Renovations seems to be progressing smoothly for now, and we are really looking forward to end completion soon!

On a side note, just wondering if this is the norm, our ID actually mentioned that the plumber will be coming in this week to fix the bathroom WC and shower fixtures. So does this means the workers will be using our WC and shower too? I do understand that they need to relief themselves, but I am not really comfortable with the idea of them showering in my toilets, using my new toilet fixtures. Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks!

Ask your ID if it is possible to fix the bathroom WC and shower fixtures till the end?

Yah, bathroom is one of the last and would likely require your presence to decide of the placement.

Thanks for all your replies! Mine is a BTO so the positions of the WC and taps are quite fixed? I checked with my ID and was told only WC and the shower set would be installed first. I expressed my concern on the workers using my shower set to take showers in the house, but no reply as yet. Guess I will follow up with ID on this again, as I am fine with them using WC, but feels weird if they start using my shower set even before me and hubs!

On a side note, we finally bought our oven from Mega Discount City together with two sets of Sharp air purifier. Got a made in Italy E F build in oven for $500. Can't seem to find much reviews on it, but since it's within my budget and at least not made in China, I just took the gamble.

Finally settled all major electrical appliances purchase! Only dining set to go and I am almost done with my shopping! Can't wait!

That's weird, mine a BTO too.

The plumber installed everything at one go, rain shower, accessories, mirror cabinet, storage heater and the kitchen tap...

On a side note, shopping is really fun until you hit "declined" with your plastic i.e. for me today!!!:(

That's weird, mine a BTO too.

The plumber installed everything at one go, rain shower, accessories, mirror cabinet, storage heater and the kitchen tap...

On a side note, shopping is really fun until you hit "declined" with your plastic i.e. for me today!!!:(

haha....you can pay off the existing debts (even before you get the statement).

Then you free up the credit for more further swiping! That's what I did, coz i only wanted to use a particular card for the cashback. :P

Thanks for all your replies! Mine is a BTO so the positions of the WC and taps are quite fixed? I checked with my ID and was told only WC and the shower set would be installed first. I expressed my concern on the workers using my shower set to take showers in the house, but no reply as yet. Guess I will follow up with ID on this again, as I am fine with them using WC, but feels weird if they start using my shower set even before me and hubs!

For my place, the shower and WC were installed first too. The guy in charge of plumbing took care of those at one go. However, the shower was not electrically done up until later stage, was close to completion already....so if the workers used it, it's as good as cold tap water. Dun think they used the shower.

And ya, the people working did use the common WC once it was up. I know coz my WC flush buttons are white and there are black fingerprints on them. LOL. They didn't touch the MBR's though.

Not sure if it's the same case with yours with regards to the shower....

On a side note, we finally bought our oven from Mega Discount City together with two sets of Sharp air purifier. Got a made in Italy E F build in oven for $500. Can't seem to find much reviews on it, but since it's within my budget and at least not made in China, I just took the gamble.

Finally settled all major electrical appliances purchase! Only dining set to go and I am almost done with my shopping! Can't wait!

My experience is that the workers will not use your shower but they will use your WC. You can shrink wrap and tape up your MB WC and let them use one of the other WCs (common or yard, if any). If you don't put in the WC, they will poo straight into the hole, and if they are not accurate, it can be worse.

My understanding of the EF range is that they are Casa's local brand. So, I doubt there are made in Italy. Did the salesman claim they are made in Italy?

For my place, the shower and WC were installed first too. The guy in charge of plumbing took care of those at one go. However, the shower was not electrically done up until later stage, was close to completion already....so if the workers used it, it's as good as cold tap water. Dun think they used the shower.

And ya, the people working did use the common WC once it was up. I know coz my WC flush buttons are white and there are black fingerprints on them. LOL. They didn't touch the MBR's though.

Not sure if it's the same case with yours with regards to the shower....

Anyway I think we will make it clear to the ID that the workers can use the common WC if they need it, but we will not want them to make use of the shower sets, regardless of whether it's just cold water or not. Call me paranoid maybe, but I don't want to risk them somehow spoiling/damaging my shower sets, and then claim that it was originally in this state when they installed and etc. I would prefer to avoid any disputes if possible, so easiest way would be to simply tell the ID that the shower facilities are out of bound to the workers. At least if any happen, they will be liable for it.

Or worst come to worst, I will just cling wrap my shower sets, haha.

My experience is that the workers will not use your shower but they will use your WC. You can shrink wrap and tape up your MB WC and let them use one of the other WCs (common or yard, if any). If you don't put in the WC, they will poo straight into the hole, and if they are not accurate, it can be worse.

My understanding of the EF range is that they are Casa's local brand. So, I doubt there are made in Italy. Did the salesman claim they are made in Italy?

Hihi, just saw your reply and I also had the same idea of wrapping the shower sets! haha.

Anyway, for the EF range, I decided to get it because the sales person showed me the Made in Italy logo which was printed on the oven itself. I trust that they would not be able to have this if it is not made in Italy?

My purchases from Mega Discount yesterday.

EF1950S_zps1bc4e239.jpg

The EF oven with mirror glass! Shall not think about horrible finger prints, but just focus on the mirror glass. Haha.

SharpFU-Z31E_zps9a64a506.jpg

Sharp Plasmacluster Air purifier for baby's room

SharpKC-A50E_zpsb4f51ebc.jpg

Sharp Plasmacluster Air purifier + humidifier for MBR. Larger coverage area means I can also put it in the living room instead if the haze gets really bad! *touchwood*

Anyway, for the EF range, I decided to get it because the sales person showed me the Made in Italy logo which was printed on the oven itself. I trust that they would not be able to have this if it is not made in Italy?

Was it Crafted/Designed in Italy? If really Made in Italy, I don't know. Maybe it is OEM from Italy, which is common. Which model did you get?