Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mummychua

Home With A View

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Great updates.

With the work done, the place now looks like its coming together nicely

The light change is a good choice as you can use it for different purpose.

By the way, you are doing open concept Kitchen or there will be glass screen and door at later stage ?

anyone got any recommendation on where to get shoes cabinet? looking high and low for a suitable shoes cabinet but most are ugly and old-fashion. is that why most ppl custom make their shoes cabinet? my contractor quoted slight more than 1k if i will to make one. worth spending?

20140712_132955_zpsr9xyofna.jpg

my wall length is approximately 2.5m and most probably having the shoes cabinet at half height.

You can consider doing a vertical shoe cabinet beside the window which will cost lower. (*Refer to my blog the vertical carpentry by the window)

Under the window can consider to get a Ottoman or etc to put there.

Great updates.

With the work done, the place now looks like its coming together nicely

The light change is a good choice as you can use it for different purpose.

By the way, you are doing open concept Kitchen or there will be glass screen and door at later stage ?

got to give credit to my contractor. he's going to hand over the place this Wednesday, my whole reno only took 5wks!

and yes, i will have glass screen for the kitchen and yard.

It coming on well.. The room lights are very nice..

I did see a few nice shoe cabinets on taobao, you wanna check it out!

You can consider doing a vertical shoe cabinet beside the window which will cost lower. (*Refer to my blog the vertical carpentry by the window)

Under the window can consider to get a Ottoman or etc to put there.

good idea... but the area beside the window is only abt 80cm... will discuss with my contractor. thanks!

It coming on well.. The room lights are very nice..

I did see a few nice shoe cabinets on taobao, you wanna check it out!

i did search on tb, those that i like are really expensive. the cheap ones are a little hmmm....

kancheong me made 2 visit to the house yesterday.

laminate flooring was lay for both common room and mbr.

20140721_142350_zpsapb1c5s0.jpg

20140721_142102_zpspfl3rel3.jpg

from far it looks quite nice but there are quite a few piece of mismatch planks. checked with a friend who used to deal with laminates, according to her it is unavoidable. if i want every pieces to match, i will have to buy alot of it which means very high wastage. :dunno:

just before i left the place for my 1st visit, the bifold door for the toilet and alu grilles arrived. but during my 2nd trip back, only grilles in common room and yard are installed. toilet doors are no where to be seen. according to tiler uncle, they made mistake with the door, so contractor got them send back. :( hope that they are able to replace it by tomorrow.

another problem... grilles are the yard has 3 panels. i end up having locks knocking on to each other. :(

20140721_170720_zps5z2gykkq.jpg

The flooring looks nice :good:

For the window, i thought only the end part should have lock, why both panel got ?

Ya the flooring looks nice.

Out of curiosity, may I ask why you did a platform half way in the mbr instead of a thin featured wall for the bed to lean against? Coz of fs?

just before i left the place for my 1st visit, the bifold door for the toilet and alu grilles arrived. but during my 2nd trip back, only grilles in common room and yard are installed. toilet doors are no where to be seen. according to tiler uncle, they made mistake with the door, so contractor got them send back. :( hope that they are able to replace it by tomorrow.

another problem... grilles are the yard has 3 panels. i end up having locks knocking on to each other. :(

20140721_170720_zps5z2gykkq.jpg

Can change also right?