Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mummychua

Home With A View

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The flooring looks nice :good:

For the window, i thought only the end part should have lock, why both panel got ?

I have 3 panels, one on top of another so will require 2 locks. Contractor say they will make adjustment to it. Not sure what he means.

Ya the flooring looks nice.

Out of curiosity, may I ask why you did a platform half way in the mbr instead of a thin featured wall for the bed to lean against? Coz of fs?

Yes, part of the reson is to accommodate fs requirement. Ending the platform before the toilet entrance is more of a practical reason. Laminate won't last if it consisting get wet. It sort of created a cozy corner either for reading or maybe a study table in future. Rite now im going to put my bb cot there.

nice basin n lights! how much the basin?

Thanks.

All my lights and basins are from tb. The basin is abt sgd50. Saw the same thing locally at sdg200plus.

My main door is installed!

20140722_131540_zpsljeej4xp.jpg

Got this combi door on a promotion price but didnt have a very good experience with doc door.

Carpenter is at the place to finish up the work. Target to have the reno wrap up by tomorrow.

• Like 1

Mummychua, how is the combi door.. What bad experience u have? I m looking to get this after your initial recommendation! Can PM me the promo price? Thanks!

Oh think you better double check with your fsm, I think bed/cot are not supposed to be placed directly outside toilet door and below aircon. Something to do with the bad Qi. Imagine after flushing toilet you open the door and the qi gonna pass to the cot. Unless you not gonna use the toilet lah. But still aircon above baby's head is not a good idea.

Mummychua, how is the combi door.. What bad experience u have? I m looking to get this after your initial recommendation! Can PM me the promo price? Thanks!

i haven't start using it! but the door looks good, quite solid.

i told u about the promotion i see at kovan rite. so i told my contractor i wanted the door. and since all my window and toilet doors are from dr door, i asked my contractor to coordinate with them. he came back telling me that the door costed 2k. :jawdrop: but i could not believe it coz i rmb clearly that its abt 1.6k at the kovan roadshow. so i went to their fb site and saw these two pictures.

Screenshot_2014-07-23-09-45-50_zpstbyquj

Screenshot_2014-07-10-09-12-49_zpse0vciw

I even make a trip to their showroom to have a look at the actual product. and i was show this...

20140710_144921_zpsd8xbwh1v.jpg

was told that i could only choose between light grey and dark grey for the gate. so i told the sales person that i wanted this gate and chosen the light grey gate, gave the person my address and told him that since my contractor is using them for my house, i will get him to coordinate. looks like i had settle everything rite. was very happy that i got a good deal for the door. then contractor called me to say that the promote doesn't apply to the smooth gate. the price is only available for this gate and in this color or gold and black....

IMG-20140715-WA0021_zpsvgf15q8d.jpg

contractor advise against it as this gate design is really old-fashion. so another round of calling from me to dr door. this gate and the one i see is obviously different. so they are trying to con or misled consumer? after alot of phone calls, i compromise on the gate design but they have to paint it in a single colour.

then i asked them about digital lock. according to the lady i speak to, only the samsung push and pull digital lock could be used for this gate and they are selling it ard 900. i told her that i just want a simple digital lock, those without the door handle. she says that those could not be installed on this gate. bull****... the demo gate i sees at their kovan roadshow has the those simple digital lock installed. according to the sales person at kovan, i could get those digital lock from Qoo10 and give it to them for installation. so i asked the lady if i could do that, guess what is the answer. NO! who will want to pay 900 for a same lock i could get from Qoo10 at 300plus. then i asked if i could have the digital lock installed at a later stage, she too says that that cannot be done. wth... im so tired talking to them. u get different answer from different person you talked to. so i settle for a normal key lock..

they have great product but lousy sales person and misleading market strategy.

paiseh such a long complain i wrote. but i was really :furious:

Edited by mummychua

Oh think you better double check with your fsm, I think bed/cot are not supposed to be placed directly outside toilet door and below aircon. Something to do with the bad Qi. Imagine after flushing toilet you open the door and the qi gonna pass to the cot. Unless you not gonna use the toilet lah. But still aircon above baby's head is not a good idea.

the cot is more for show. my bb spend most of his nite on my bed :jawdrop:

once he stay sleeping thru the nite, i will have him transfer to the common room. :jammin:

The combi door i was quoted $2,488.00.. Its like $800 difference!!!

Think the price difference is due to limited model & color selection.

Think the price difference is due to limited model & color selection.

Songz, u also getting this door?

then i asked them about digital lock. according to the lady i speak to, only the samsung push and pull digital lock could be used for this gate and they are selling it ard 900. i told her that i just want a simple digital lock, those without the door handle. she says that those could not be installed on this gate. bull****... the demo gate i sees at their kovan roadshow has the those simple digital lock installed. according to the sales person at kovan, i could get those digital lock from Qoo10 and give it to them for installation. so i asked the lady if i could do that, guess what is the answer. NO! who will want to pay 900 for a same lock i could get from Qoo10 at 300plus. then i asked if i could have the digital lock installed at a later stage, she too says that that cannot be done. wth... im so tired talking to them. u get different answer from different person you talked to. so i settle for a normal key lock..

they have great product but lousy sales person and misleading market strategy.

paiseh such a long complain i wrote. but i was really :furious:

I think there might be slight differences between those digital locks on qoo10 and those sold locally. You could try buying from qoo10 and requesting your ID/contractor to help install if they are confident else I think it's better to buy the lock and installation as a package. At least there's liability if the installation screws up somewhere. Self installation only recommended if you are really technically competent else you could mess up the main door. Digital lock local package might cost few hundred more but the convenience gained is priceless. The benefit of some items just can't be measured monetarily...these are intangible.

I think there might be slight differences between those digital locks on qoo10 and those sold locally. You could try buying from qoo10 and requesting your ID/contractor to help install if they are confident else I think it's better to buy the lock and installation as a package. At least there's liability if the installation screws up somewhere. Self installation only recommended if you are really technically competent else you could mess up the main door. Digital lock local package might cost few hundred more but the convenience gained is priceless. The benefit of some items just can't be measured monetarily...these are intangible.

Agree that digital lock do bring along great convenient but its hard to justify spending 900 for it. Esp when budget running tight adter house purchase and reno.

What upset me is that a simple digital lock, those that doesnt comes with door handle could do the same and i saw it being installed on the combi door but they refused to install those lock but to insist on the expensive ones.

The price for digital lock will vary for the model type.

For eg, samsung' s digital lock without handle comes in 2 version. Deadbolt and Rim lock. Basically deadbolt is more expensive than rim lock. And not to mention, I read before on samsung's authorized distributor FB that other non authorized distributors/sellers are selling mostly parallel imported sets that is not catered to the local market hence the warranty will not be covered by the local authorized distributors/sellers. So do check whether the set you are getting is strictly meant for local market if you wish to have support service or claim warranty.