Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binka

Need Advice: Hdb Bto Open Terrace "covering"

2cyh5jq.jpg

Hi all,

I have been corresponding with HDB for close to 3 years with regard to this matter. I had proposed a fruitful, face-to-face discussion together but HDB seemed reluctant for one.

On paper, this open space is termed as an open terrace (OT), slightly different from a balcony which one may be able to find in a typical 5-room flat. In summary, we are not allowed to cover the top of an OT.

We face an issue with rain, and the accompanying dirt from the RC trellis over time. Hence we decided to install a clear PC covering (supported by 3 struts) in order to prevent rain from splashing onto the OT, bedroom and living room. Rainwater is channeled to the gully trap via a downpipe.

This has nothing to do with GFA (HBD/URA) or fire hazard (SCDF), but merely a facade issue i reckon. HDB has never wrote to me with the exact reason why.

What options do i have now? Install a full cassette retractable awning? Or anyone know of why HDB insist i remove them?

Any constructive inputs would be appreciated.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi...suggest to install a drain gutter horizontally across the top to allow the rain to channel out from both ends...and with a manual or motorized awning / or canvas...? Hopes it helps...

2cyh5jq.jpg

Hi all,

I have been corresponding with HDB for close to 3 years with regard to this matter. I had proposed a fruitful, face-to-face discussion together but HDB seemed reluctant for one.

On paper, this open space is termed as an open terrace (OT), slightly different from a balcony which one may be able to find in a typical 5-room flat. In summary, we are not allowed to cover the top of an OT.

We face an issue with rain, and the accompanying dirt from the RC trellis over time. Hence we decided to install a clear PC covering (supported by 3 struts) in order to prevent rain from splashing onto the OT, bedroom and living room. Rainwater is channeled to the gully trap via a downpipe.

This has nothing to do with GFA (HBD/URA) or fire hazard (SCDF), but merely a facade issue i reckon. HDB has never wrote to me with the exact reason why.

What options do i have now? Install a full cassette retractable awning? Or anyone know of why HDB insist i remove them?

hi...suggest to install a drain gutter horizontally across the top to allow the rain to channel out from both ends...and with a manual or motorized awning / or canvas...? Hopes it helps...

Hi,

I do have a gutter that runs horizontally. I did state that in my original post actually:-

"Rainwater is channeled to the gully trap via a downpipe."

Thank you for your input.

Sell present buy private, install whatever your dreams.

Leave it as it is. Start another venture. Time stops for no one.

Sell present buy private, install whatever your dreams.

Leave it as it is. Start another venture. Time stops for no one.

Ok Sir.

Although i do not know how that would be constructive.

Ok Sir.

Although i do not know how that would be constructive.

HDB has plenty of time, you don't.

Get a Penthouse, do what MCST bylaws allow.

Get a landed, confine to BCA/URA regulations.....

Be constructive = fit to environment

HDB has plenty of time, you don't.

Get a Penthouse, do what MCST bylaws allow.

Get a landed, confine to BCA/URA regulations.....

Be constructive = fit to environment

Ok Boss, noted that.