Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dylanchua

5I Jurong West, Old 25 Years Old Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Wayne, the quotation clearly stated that we are not allowed to post it on public forums or media without their permission... It's understandable as due to varying scope of works (the devil is in the details), the quotation can be misconstrued... competitors will create fake accounts to come blast the quotation, etc....

But the general figure is in my posting... You can get a feel of its competitiveness.

• Like 1

I had the exact layout with yours. Mine is at CCK. I removed the study room and I had a huge living room and the space is a luxury compared to BTO nowadays. The downside of the house are the 2 toilets..kinda eat away precious space. My reno cost about 55K in total. Everything also change, from floor to ceiling.

Hi Wayne, the quotation clearly stated that we are not allowed to post it on public forums or media without their permission... It's understandable as due to varying scope of works (the devil is in the details), the quotation can be misconstrued... competitors will create fake accounts to come blast the quotation, etc....

But the general figure is in my posting... You can get a feel of its competitiveness.

Oh..okok...thanks!

I had the exact layout with yours. Mine is at CCK. I removed the study room and I had a huge living room and the space is a luxury compared to BTO nowadays. The downside of the house are the 2 toilets..kinda eat away precious space. My reno cost about 55K in total. Everything also change, from floor to ceiling.

Hi, I did think of hacking the study room. But I need it for my little home workshop, where I hand craft leather wallets.

My current workspace is at the balcony where it's hot and dusty and at night I have to suffer mosquito bites. Having a dedicated room with aircon to work on my leather projects is like heaven to me.

Hi, I did think of hacking the study room. But I need it for my little home workshop, where I hand craft leather wallets.

My current workspace is at the balcony where it's hot and dusty and at night I have to suffer mosquito bites. Having a dedicated room with aircon to work on my leather projects is like heaven to me.

I had viewed several units with the same layout as ours and the area outside the study room is quite dark during day time.

That area will be ideal for your home-office. An idea to share with you..if u want your living room to look bigger, can consider hack half of the wall horizontally then add on glass wall and door all the way to the ceiling. This allow more natural light to your living room and it also look more roomy and classy. Blinds can also be installed when you require more privacy.

In addition, you may also consider level up your balcony to have a bigger living room since the study room will be there.

I had viewed several units with the same layout as ours and the area outside the study room is quite dark during day time.

That area will be ideal for your home-office. An idea to share with you..if u want your living room to look bigger, can consider hack half of the wall horizontally then add on glass wall and door all the way to the ceiling. This allow more natural light to your living room and it also look more roomy and classy. Blinds can also be installed when you require more privacy.

In addition, you may also consider level up your balcony to have a bigger living room since the study room will be there.

For your suggestion of leveling up the balcony, the Blk 7XX unit that I viewed did that, and indeed the whole living area looks bigger. But I still preferred to keep the balcony.

Anyway, at the stage of my reno, it's already too late to make any changes :dunno:

Here's my living room and kitchen 3Ds.

gallery_59893_417_67707.jpg

gallery_59893_417_180733.jpg

My wife and I couldn't agree on the choice of the ceiling fan. The design she chose was really bling with lots of chrome areas. Ronald kindly agreed to put in my choice of ceiling fan into the 3D so that my wife "gum wan" that I made the right choice.

All tiling, plumbing and woodwork like partitions and false ceiling have been completed.

Electrical work is undergoing rectification for shoddy workmanship. As this is my own sourced contractor, I had to take leave to rectify the situation myself.

Yesterday the aircon trunking was up. The workmanship is again terrible, the placement was neither here nor there, not high near the ceiling but just right in the middle of nowhere and slanting like a Tamiya car race track. I guess nowadays there are no tradesmen in Singapore anymore. Just mostly inexperienced workers who takes no pride in their work. Again, this is my own source and I will have to go screw the boss myself. :curse:

Edited by Dylanchua

• Like 1

For Aircon you will need to be present to discuss on the trunking how it should be run.

For electrical, its best to go through the point with the electrician.

Hope this help.

For Aircon you will need to be present to discuss on the trunking how it should be run.

For electrical, its best to go through the point with the electrician.

Hope this help.

I agree. Aircon trunking day, I actually applied half day leave already. But boss gave me black face so I cancelled my leave and just gave fan coil locations over the phone. I've already decided to spend extra money to box up the trunking instead of waiting forever for them to rectify it.

Electrical I actually already made 3 joint site visits with the electrician. It's not the error of placement, but the shoddy way it's installed that I am upset.

sorry i got confused cos they look like brick tiles.... wall tiles long ones... thanks

No worries, if you google "subway tiles" you'll see a lot of examples of this kind of tiling.