Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beetroot

Palladine Lcd Tv

Actually never heard of Palladine brand... but can guess that it is sort of like Akira....

Hmm... thinking of buying one cheap cheap, but reliable 26" or 32" LCD TV for my master bedroom.... is Palladine a good choice?? :help:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Palladine I believe is china brand vs Akira which is local brand. The Palladine series are generally quite low in quality, at least it is when I look at them previously. LCD prices have come down so much and it will be better if you are spending on a LCD to go for something more establish. My humble opinion.

icic... so it is from China ar... hmm... generally, I don't really like or trust "Made in China" products... haiz... haha... no choice lor.... almost all products today are made in china one... so got to accept the fact... :dancingqueen:

Palladine I believe is china brand vs Akira which is local brand. The Palladine series are generally quite low in quality, at least it is when I look at them previously. LCD prices have come down so much and it will be better if you are spending on a LCD to go for something more establish. My humble opinion.
Edited by spinball

icic... so it is from China ar... hmm... generally, I don't really like or trust "Made in China" products... haiz... haha... no choice lor.... almost all products today are made in china one... so got to accept the fact... :D

I am also attracted by the good prices. It is not made in China for sure. They are Korean parts assembled in Singapore. Just for information, most Japanese brands also use LCDs made in Korea.

The latest full HD version seems a good deal at NTUC. 37" at $999 if you charge with the NTUC Plus card, else will be $1199. Just missed the offer on 42" sold at $1399 and now it is back to $1699

The 37" really looks like a good deal, except; the sales person told me that one of the features indicated as PIP (something like picture to picture thing is not working... even the agent cannot offer an answer to it)

They are on offer while stocks last only till end of this month.

Hope info is helpful. :yamseng:

my hubby bought Full HD 42" Palladine LCD TV @ recent IT fair @ suntec. he bought @ $1499, comes with free DVD player(worth $129) & HDMI cable. i can say graphic is quite good. as my hubby bought on the 1st day of IT fair, he said the agent told him, alot of ppl bought this lcd tv cos the specs etc is reali comparable to other brands & the price is attractive.

Currently we r using this tv in our entertainment cum gaming room. my hubby used this tv mainly for his PS3/Wii/PS2 & oso link to PC & i can say, the graphic is great. is worth the buy. :bangwall: afterall to us, tv is juz a tv. no need to buy so good brand. best of all, my hubby's boss gave him a Home Entertainment system after he knew tat we bought new tv. BEST! :seeya:

i got my palladine HD READY 42inch plasma at 1399only from carrefour suntec. but perhaps most ppl would go for LCD instead of plasma.

Just went to Suntec Careefour to have a look at this model. The graphics was not bad........price was attractive too. Was considering wanna to get the 19" n 23" for the bedroom not leh. The thing is it doesn't come with bracket and no installation. Haiz..........

Thank you all for responding. :rolleyes:

I think I also got a good deal over the weekend at Carefour. They managed to get me $1499 less 5% direct discount (only for last weekend) and less further 5% through "Everyday" card.

Confirmed new stock with "Hard Screen" from LG, only available since 3 months ago.

The former "Soft Screens" are from Taiwan.

If you draw across the screen with your finger and you can see trail marks, then it is a soft screen.

IT will arrive later this week at my house... If all OK, may consider getting smaller ones for all rooms.

Cheers

Edited by mighty6

OK. Already running the 42" and the picture quality is good I must say.

Only setback is there are limited AV connections to other devices unlike my previous TV.

Even have to use 2 SCART/RCA convertors (fully used), with 1 set as output. The S-Video is also utilised (direct connection to other players) and that leaves me with only 2 direct HDMI ports (1 to X-Box & 1 to DVD), VGAs and component connections

Picture quality via free-to-Air is grainy, so will have to watch via SCART selection connected to SCV's RCA output. Sound is so-so even with selected sound-surround options and others... can't really tell the difference... So I output it to my Onkyo Amplifier / entertainment system to make the best of it.

So now watching the F1 races will never be the same again... especially when the Ferraris won the race tonite :bleah: