Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sentinel

2Nd Time Renovation (Braddell)

Most of my work is done. All the shipment has arrived. What's left is for the carpenters to install the cabinets, electricians to mount the lights, plumber to install the bathroom accessories.

Still, we were wise to go down each day to take a look. There was some oversight, like they left out the internal colour PVC in the master bathroom cabinet. A wrong model of light was delivered wrongly. All these need to be highlighted immediately, else it'll be too late by the time it's finished.

Balcony light installed.

20141013-i5S-DC-01.jpg

Carpentry starts.

20141014-i5S-DC-11.jpg

20141014-i5S-DC-13.jpg

That is quick! I am still waiting for my carpentry to arrive. But I must admit, we have a awful lot of it.

Edited by aluka

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Sentinel,

Did you consider Bosch? Can you share how much did the Ariston cost you? And where did you buy the same?

Yah hor, I didn't think so much leh. I used Ariston before so just thought of getting the same brand. I paid $899 at GR Link, Jln Besar. I always thought Bosch is expensive and by then, the accessories hunting fatigue is starting to set in .... On hindsight, maybe should have check out more brands first because 3 weeks on, the oven isn't installed yet!

That is quick! I am still waiting for my carpentry to arrive. But I must admit, we have a awful lot of it.

Last Friday I confirmed the design, Tues arrived, yesterday skeleton up. I waited 7 weeks since the start of renovation loh. Can't wait to move in ...

Yah hor, I didn't think so much leh. I used Ariston before so just thought of getting the same brand. I paid $899 at GR Link, Jln Besar. I always thought Bosch is expensive and by then, the accessories hunting fatigue is starting to set in .... On hindsight, maybe should have check out more brands first because 3 weeks on, the oven isn't installed yet!

Don't fret. It is a good model you bought.

If I remember right, I think it is the only model that got self cleaning mechanism below $1000. I too contemplating to buy Ariston because it is made in Italy. I checked out a few models of Ariston, 52IX ($599), 53X??($750) and your model. The model you bought was expensive so I decided to give it a miss due to budget constraints and also that we won't be using it so extensively.

Then I settled for Bosch HBN331E2J which was $630 only.

• Like 1

Met up with our ID to discuss some details. The cabinets are coming along nicely. Cutting the hole for the kitchen sink.

20141016-i5S-DC-02.jpg

An ID firm told me that they couldn't do solid veneer doors, only semi-core doors. We were fortunate that ours was able to do it for us. It cost an additional $130 per door but I really liked the solid feel. How do we verify it's indeed solid? I tried to lift it up and I could barely do it! I could lift the semi-core veneer door we did for the common bathroom with ease!

IMG_9216.JPG

Edited by sentinel

• Like 1

Quartz surface is up. FInally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

20141023-i5S-DC-06.jpg

Hob is mounted too.

20141023-i5S-DC-01.jpg

From the dining area.

20141023-i5S-DC-08.jpg

The sink is small now that it's mounted :(

Can't change already .... Near impossible ...

I comfort myself that this time round, I have lots of counter-top space!

Edited by sentinel

what a shame, you have a very very nice floor plan but with the looks of it, it's looking more like a typical ID package, making your awesome place look HDBish. did you go with "package" deals? hope no "feature wall" or fibreglass fountains etc coming up.

• Like 1

Well, it is a HDB to begin with ... There is indeed a TV feature wall, how not to have, wouldn't the TV look boring on just the wall? ;)

There isn't any package with our id, the quotation is itemized.

I think it's still quite alright, not the level for decor magazines because too much cost went into the rehaul of the whole place. The cost of windows, hacking, railing, electrical wiring are simply killers ...

• Like 1

Quartz surface is up. FInally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

20141023-i5S-DC-06.jpg

Hob is mounted too.

20141023-i5S-DC-01.jpg

From the dining area.

20141023-i5S-DC-08.jpg

The sink is small now that it's mounted :(

Can't change already .... Near impossible ...

I comfort myself that this time round, I have lots of counter-top space!

Nice pleasant colors you have chosen. It brightens up the whole place.

• Like 1

After two months, I must say I most look forward to this ... the Hansgrohe rainshower!

20141025-EM5-01.jpg

20141025-EM5-02.jpg

Pura Vida basin mixer. Ultra love this too!

20141025-EM5-29.jpg

Edited by sentinel