Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sentinel

2Nd Time Renovation (Braddell)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got this swivel TV mount from Homefix for $79. The TV would not be facing the bed.

20141004-i5S-DC-01.jpg

This laundry rack actually cost $35.90 ... bought from a neighbourhood shop ... When did things become so ex?!!

20141004-i5S-DC-02.jpg

Went to JB on a Fri afternoon for KDK fans. Traffic was light at the causeway and we were able to make a turnaround in 1.5 hrs. Indeed, the savings were huge! 4 ceiling fans for about S$630. That would cost about S$1200 - $1500 in SG.

20141003-i5S-CP-56.jpg

20141003-i5S-CP-63.jpg

20141003-i5S-CP-64.jpg

• Like 1

Went to JB on a Fri afternoon for KDK fans. Traffic was light at the causeway and we were able to make a turnaround in 1.5 hrs. Indeed, the savings were huge! 4 ceiling fans for about S$630. That would cost about S$1200 - $1500 in SG.

20141003-i5S-CP-56.jpg

20141003-i5S-CP-63.jpg

20141003-i5S-CP-64.jpg

After pay GST still reasonable right :)

• Like 1

Since when did things become so expensive?!! I was quoted $1,200 for just the replacement of the corroded bar at the top! Going to get another quote ...

20141007-i5S-DC-07.jpg

20141007-i5S-DC-09.jpg

Prices are indeed crazy. I recently inquired about glass tops for my dining table, just a 1.3m round dining table. First quote I got was $500 for tempered and $300 for normal glass. More expensive then the table :P

Prices are indeed crazy. I recently inquired about glass tops for my dining table, just a 1.3m round dining table. First quote I got was $500 for tempered and $300 for normal glass. More expensive then the table :P

Seems like construction, renovation, furniture is a good industry to be in .... I honestly think that the id profit margins are very high ...

Seems like construction, renovation, furniture is a good industry to be in .... I honestly think that the id profit margins are very high ...

I too think the same. The costs have doubled or tripled since my last home renovation in 2006..

I decided to go for these from Amazon and its resellers.

Grohe 40 364 robe hook for common bathroom - from Amazon

Grohe%2B40%2B364%2Brobe%2Bhook.jpg

Grohe 40 462 Essentials 24" Multi-Towel Rack for both bathrooms - from www.faucetdirect.com

Grohe%2B40%2B462%2Btowel%2Brack.jpg

Grohe 40 511 Essentials Cube Robe hook for master bathroom - from Amazon

Grohe%2B40%2B511%2Brobe%2Bhook.jpg

Grohe 40 507 Essentials Cube Tissue Holder for master bathroom - www.faucetdirect.com

Grohe%2B40%2B507%2Btissue%2Broll%2Bholde

Grohe 40 689 Concetto Single-Post Tissue Holder for common bathroom - from www.faucetdirect.com

Grohe%2B40%2B689%2Btissue%2Broll%2Bholde

Another buy that exceeded initial budget. Ariston FK62 CXS. I assumed Ariston had removed the pizza function from their entry models, e.g. FH52... it's not listed on the specs, forcing those who need the pizza function to get the higher-end models. They also did away with the rotisserie function, which probably wasn't that useful after all.

Ariston%2BFK62%2Bcxs%2Boven.jpg

Edited by sentinel

Most of my work is done. All the shipment has arrived. What's left is for the carpenters to install the cabinets, electricians to mount the lights, plumber to install the bathroom accessories.

Still, we were wise to go down each day to take a look. There was some oversight, like they left out the internal colour PVC in the master bathroom cabinet. A wrong model of light was delivered wrongly. All these need to be highlighted immediately, else it'll be too late by the time it's finished.

Balcony light installed.

20141013-i5S-DC-01.jpg

Carpentry starts.

20141014-i5S-DC-11.jpg

20141014-i5S-DC-13.jpg

Another buy that exceeded initial budget. Ariston FK62 CXS. I assumed Ariston had removed the pizza function from their entry models, e.g. FH52... it's not listed on the specs, forcing those who need the pizza function to get the higher-end models. They also did away with the rotisserie function, which probably wasn't that useful after all.

Ariston%2BFK62%2Bcxs%2Boven.jpg

Hi Sentinel,

Did you consider Bosch? Can you share how much did the Ariston cost you? And where did you buy the same?