Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aquanark

Haulage Fee For New 4Room Bto

Hi,

Is $900-$1000 a reasonable amount to pay for haulage fee?

It's for a new 4room BTO with no HDB tiles. I.e. contractor will buy sand and remove debris for tiling works.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Aquanark,

borrow your thread to ask abt haulage too. Hope u don't mind.

I will be doing only carpentry works for kitchen and 2 bedrooms, however the ID still charges haulage. It is 'correct'??

The lesser things to hack and clear, the higher haulage fee will be.

For my case $450.

1. Hack Master Toliet (Floor and Wall)

2. Hack Common Toliet (Floor)

3. Hack 13 Ft wall

4. Hack kitchen floor 176 sqft

5. Hack Balconey wall tiles 60 sqft

7. Demolish Existing kitchen cabinets

8. Remove all window grills

just curious if we can do some savings by employing our own labourers and then pay for haulage?

who determines and how is the charges derive?

many considerations I think, like what happens if our laborer get injured etc but if we do so we can actually ask ID to remove the haulage and hacking portion as they are usually same person. Frankly it's not that difficult, I have tried haulage doing reno for a private house on landscape. I get quite piss off when I see Id quoting sky high haulage and hacking. I can understand if they quote cost of raw materials like sand More expensive now but that is not their practice.

Think you can call up those companies directly and check...they usually paste notices at new houses but generally only applicable if there is hacking. Costing is bet 300-400 per trip. My ID charge me at flat rate $250 before GST regardless of trips..He said should be twice.

Anyone knows how the process work if the contractor is using hdb for disposal? I called up hdb and apparently hdb help to dispose for a flat fee (unlimited times apparently) but hdb do not do haulage for my council.

Contractor is charging me for the following using private disposal and haulage. Sand is quoted separately so I am trying to find out if cheaper if I get hdb to do the disposal and haulage

Lumpsum for mobilising hacking labour and haulage of materials - $1,200

Supply labour for hacking walls and disposing of debris (about 3 bedroom walls) - $714

Additional labour for disposal and haulage of sand for tiling - $450

Is Haulage Fee applicable without hacking works? There will be carpentry works and L-Box for my BTO. One ID quoted Haulage Fee included in their package, another stated Haulage Fee excluded. I opted for flooring and doors from HDB.

5 hours ago, CJES said:

Is Haulage Fee applicable without hacking works? There will be carpentry works and L-Box for my BTO. One ID quoted Haulage Fee included in their package, another stated Haulage Fee excluded. I opted for flooring and doors from HDB.

Haulage mainly for moving cement, tiles etc, usually lump together with clearing debris. 

On 20/02/2017 at 10:04 PM, Hwmook said:

Haulage mainly for moving cement, tiles etc, usually lump together with clearing debris. 

I have a quotation from another ID. No haulage fee in quotation, but there are these miscellaneous items stated:

1. Clearing debris $350

2. Chemical washing for flooring $280

3. Floor protection $250

Are these items applicable for my case and reasonable pricing?

Thanks for helping.

4 minutes ago, CJES said:

I have a quotation from another ID. No haulage fee in quotation, but there are these miscellaneous items stated:

1. Clearing debris $350

2. Chemical washing for flooring $280

3. Floor protection $250

Are these items applicable for my case and reasonable pricing?

Thanks for helping.

Similar pricing as mine but mine have haulage of cement screed. Maybe can reduce pricing slightly since haulage not applicable for your case.