Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I keep wondering why you did not change the wall sockets!

bedside%20table_zpswscvfjpa.jpg

Hahahaha, your post made me realized that I never tried explaining them either. They are made to fit my bedside tables, got the idea from hotel rooms where there are switches beside the bedside tables. As for the switches, I requested my electrician to make everything two-way for me because I am so lazy. So that I can jump onto my bed and then switch off the lights without having to climb out of bed. :P:P:P

Edited by snowy89

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Last but best of my bathrooms

Finally, yesterday the plumbers came and put up both my basins. I can finally wash my hands in the bathroom. Don't have to go all the way to the kitchen to do it!

Common bathroom (Sea theme)

1_zpszoux9tp1.jpg

Added my mermaid decal the other day. Had a hard time pasting this because I messed up. Nonetheless, glad the overall effect is good.

2_zpsbbxjmcjn.jpg

Installed my mirror and basin yesterday. Especially bought the mirror so that they could match the mosaic tiles in the toilet. However, the colour steers to blackish rather than blue as shown in the seller's picture. We were fine with it so we went ahead and got it installed. My stand alone basin is looking good.

Bought the waterfall tap as well. Not too sure about water wastage but then it looks good. Plus it is a hot and cold mixer.

Mirror link

Stand alone basin link

tap link

Masterbedroom bathroom (black + red rose)

My baron WC got installed also. It is a 2 piece unfortunately because there is a lack of 1 piece black WC in the market. Seems like it isn't popular.

4_zpsmkymuslv.jpg

The space between the vanity and toilet bowl isn't very big so the toilet roll holder cannot go to the side of the vanity. Can only be installed at the back. I have rather small bathrooms to begin with anyway. Felt that it was compensated by having a bigger living room.

I know you probably already noticed this.

5_zpso6zg88lv.jpg

I am a decal lover. Glad that my man thinks that they look great as well. :sport-smiley-018:

Felt that this piece brightened up the dark bathroom overall. Also got this decal a long long time ago from ebay. It isn't cheap too. I remember it costed me $40+ including shipping. But for such a big and gorgeous piece, I give it to them luh. :notti:

7_zpsssteimp3.jpg

I know you probably seen this a million times. My rose sink, also comes with hot and cold mixer. Also installed songcho toothbrush holder, courtesy of my sis' sponsorship. *so touched*

Rose sink link

Overall look:

3_zpswuhjvusl.jpg

Very satisfied, looks exactly like my 3D. :thumbs up:

p.s Now I wish that this MBR light will break down and I can buy new light to illuminate the bathroom brighter.

Hi snowy,my hubby ask if we can take a look at the wallpaper that u left over,interested in buying over if u okay.?got a good price?hee..thanks

Hahahaha, your post made me realized that I never tried explaining them either. They are made to fit my bedside tables, got the idea from hotel rooms where there are switches beside the bedside tables. As for the switches, I requested my electrician to make everything two-way for me because I am so lazy. So that I can jump onto my bed and then switch off the lights without having to climb out of bed. :P:P:P

What I mean is that the switches look too modern for your wall paper and furniture. :)

What I mean is that the switches look too modern for your wall paper and furniture. :)

Ahh ic.. I did not put too much thought into the switches, I just used the same switches throughout the whole house. To me, anything's better than the white ones HDB provides because they will turn yellow over time.

I think silver matches pretty well with the champagne silver of my furnitures. This is because the main colours used included silver, beige and gold. :dunno:

Maybe you can show what other kind of switches are available for french furnishing? Since there are others who are into this theme as well. I have only seen the super old school type used for industrial and these kinda or those with night lights (which are even more modern). I did saw on taobao there were french frames to cover the sides of the switches but that will take up too much space plus this kinda deco need to inform my electrician beforehand. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by snowy89

Just received this picture from the man. We engaged the same people who set up our bed previously (Lady America) to help us to shift our bed over because it requires dismantling and reassembly. They are not a mover company, so we only got them to move the bed over. Was quoted $150 for the bed, mattress and bedding accessories. The rest of the items the man say his dad can get his man to help us move as his company got lorry. Yay to free movers.

mbr_zpsf5qtnzm5.jpg

I am so pleased with the outcome and it is looking like a mid century hotel room. :wub:

My ID says it is because the queen intend to stay here. :rolleyes:

Maybe this will become a weekend getaway place for both of us. As of current, the place is currently still very dusty. I believe people who first stayed at their BTO all experience this at the start. Time to clean up everything before setting up the other smaller furnishings. :D

Edited by snowy89

Awesome babe!!! Your lovenest is really lovely! Ur dream-place came true! :good:

You were saying it's like a boutique hotel right...actually, I realised the consistent shades of brown and silver throughout the different themes so they all look perfect under one roof! Kudos to ur ID and all ur efforts! Can showcase your flat liao...

Oh, did I mention before, cool bathrooms! Although black isn't my thing but yeah, ur MBR bathroom feels dramatic and sensual! Maybe coz of the red and black combi...nice nice ambience to be in there *LOL*

Guess ur renovations are coming to the end...YES, CLEANING TIME...!!! Surely very dusty since everyone around is renovating at the same time. :sport-smiley-003:

Just received this picture from the man. We engaged the same people who set up our bed previously (Lady America) to help us to shift our bed over because it requires dismantling and reassembly. They are not a mover company, so we only got them to move the bed over. Was quoted $150 for the bed, mattress and bedding accessories. The rest of the items the man say his dad can get his man to help us move as his company got lorry. Yay to free movers.

mbr_zpsf5qtnzm5.jpg

I am so pleased with the outcome and it is looking like a mid century hotel room. :wub:

My ID says it is because the queen intend to stay here. :rolleyes:

Maybe this will become a weekend getaway place for both of us. As of current, the place is currently still very dusty. I believe people who first stayed at their BTO all experience this at the start. Time to clean up everything before setting up the other smaller furnishings. :D

The final lap (living room)

For my living room, the furnishings came in the other day. My eurosofa, It's really quite comfy. My man even fell asleep there a couple of times. Also grateful to have such a useful coffee table, alot of compartments to hide my remote controls etc

12_zpsjzok7p2e.jpg

Gotten these green cushions to accompany our lonely sofa. The man says that they look like watermelons strips. They are made of velvet material and extremely soft and nice to hug.

Got them off taobao too.

Cushion link: A couple of sizes but for these cushions but take extra care to select the 45X45cm ones.

Cushion cover link

Within a couple of days, we decided to zhng our living room even more. So...

7_zpsnpzjcqrc.jpg

We went to ikea to buy the potted bamboo plant as our indoor plant. Helps to give some clean air while our whole area is surrounded by construction at the moment. :jammin:

The man took his time to select and research this breed as it doesn't die easily. I ain't sure if we have green fingers so we needed something that can thrive even without much care.

Also put up the oil painting we chose for the living room. I wanted to get a bigger one initially but the man had his reservations. So we settled for a 2 metre one.

5_zpsucr1eig2.jpg

Not sure if it is too small but I will give it a rest for now. Just glad that everything is coming together. Really happy with the quality of the painting. The trees are amazing detailed. I could have painted it but it is too much hassle so we just bought it off from... what else, taobao again. :dancingqueen:

Oil painting link

The last part included my living room carpet, something that I would not budge on. Despite many feedback from close friends that they regretted buying a carpet for their house, I think it greatly helped to piece the entire living room together. Furthermore, for a measly of $40, it just feels good to step on the carpet instead of the cold hard floor when we are watching the TV.

1_zpsv0whb33w.jpg

Anyways, if it doesn't work out, probably can throw out the carpet after a couple of years, it would have already worth its value. :thumbs up:

It is like our favourite hang out place now. I don't wanna leave my house because of the comfy sofa. Also because nothing to do there right now, fibre network is not up yet. Installation will be done only on the coming Monday. :bleah:

Last but not least, the moment of truth arrives at how close this is to our 3D image that was given to us from the very start....

1_zpszzhlwsjr.jpg

Pretty close I would say. *Mission accomplished* Hope that you guys like it as much as I do. :sport-smiley-004:

Will reveal my ID soon after I finished compiling a comparison of all the actual images VS 3D images. :wub:

Hi snowy89, is your vanity top made of granite, quartz or solid surface? Looks so shiny :dribble: Much much better than my Quartz kitchen table top and solid surface vanity top.....

Hi snowy89

Care to share ur ID n her contact. Also ur sofa brand cuz it indeed looks so comfy.

Thanks.

Hi snowy89, is your vanity top made of granite, quartz or solid surface? Looks so shiny :dribble: Much much better than my Quartz kitchen table top and solid surface vanity top.....

Hi there,

My vanity and kitchen table top are made of granite, chose black galaxy so there are shiny sparkles within. Maybe that's why you think it is so shiny? Also I remember one of the + point of granite is that it will have a super glossy finish. :P

Quartz is more expensive leh.. I like their white series but it will jack up my reno $$ even more, :dribble: So end up I just made do with granite cos I also like how the black galaxy looks.

3D vs Actual

dining%20area2_zpst0vosurq.jpg

Changed my dining light, table and dining seattee laminate to better suit my theme. I'm sorry that you have to see us stuff all kinds of stuffs in the shoe cabinet display. It was acting as our storage area during our renovation. ID did not charge for the small panel of cabinet near the DB box because of a weird beam that HDB has. So that area is much more shallow and it would be weird if I would be displaying stuffs cos can see that got one part that kanna "eat away". LOL. :blink:

I would say my dining area is very similar (other than the furnitures being not the same but this one cannot fault my ID) as compared to the 3D so they managed to make the 3D come true.

Verdict: 90% similarity

Moving on...

kitchenn_zpsbxtltzmd.jpg

Managed to get more drawers out of my ID, which I felt very happy about. The big drawers under the stove is so useful to store pots and pans. I used the big one below to store my barang barang that I only occasionally use, like steamboat/BBQ set.

Changed my glass backing colour at the very end to white because the man and I have concerns that black will make the kitchen look very dark. The white has a slight green tint to it which I have gotten used to it by now. I would prefer it to be pure white but then my ID says that one would be costly. Sent the pics to my friends and they say looks nice so I feel slightly comforted. :sport-smiley-018:

If you noticed, I put a metal handle for the pull out larder so that I can have access to it easier. It is alot more stable also.

I feel that this set turned out to be the most different amongst others but it is still quite similar.

Verdict: 70-80% similarity

Next,

small%20bedroomm_zps1g6wtcdv.jpg

My small bedroom cabinet. The only change here is that I have switched the frame to black for a stark contrast. My cabinet has no mirrors, so I bought one off taobao. Looks good having a full length mirror in the room too.

Verdict: 95% similarity

Next one up would be my masterbedroom bathroom...

mbrr_zpsmn1tfffa.jpg

This one really very similar. Turned out exactly like what the 3D promised.

Verdict: 100% similarity

Okay, one more for the day before I go off and snooze.

WIW_zpsji2ethhv.png

My WIW!! This one have to use pano mode to shoot cos the door is in the way. Either than or I need some wide lense camera seriously, which explains why the lines look so weird.

But also I think this one turn out to be exactly like the 3D! I am also amazed when I compared it side by side.

Verdict: 100% similarity

Hopefully I ain't being too biased but my house reno really turn out pretty well, and my house is really looking the same as what my ID churned out the 3D to be. Take note that I am just using my iphone to take these pictures so I am sure with a professional camera it would look even better perhaps? :notti:

If you have noticed, I had not done the 3D for my MBR bedroom because we have not put on the mattress cover for my bed. After we put then I take photo again okay? :sport-smiley-003:

Master Bedroom

So I finally lay my hands on a picture of my masterbedroom from my beloved ID.

mbr1_zps3x5imdmi.jpg

She took it after many tries. The one you see in the mirror reflection is not me, but my ID. :notti:

I guess this is how my bedroom is going to look like, till my skincare routine products fill up the vanity table on the right. Bought the $2 rose designed trash bin at Daiso.

Comparison with the 3D:

mbr_zpskxzocebi.jpg

Would say it is very similar, and for this, my real bedroom actually look better than the 3D. Maybe it is my personal preference cos the furnitures are much nicer, including the accessories.

So in love with my bedroom. I jumped at the bed just today and I miss how plushy it felt. It was soooo comfy. Now I can't wait to move in. :wub:

Updates on my living room

All my curtains have arrived. I engaged the popular renotalk Vincent to do up my curtains. The quality of his curtains are top notch. For my WIW, I opted for blinds. My second batch of taobao items have also arrived and we are in the midst of arranging everything. This time I bought over 5cbm of stuffs so shipping is expensive at about $500+.

I have already assembled the living room furniture, namely the coffee table and dining table. So here the pictures!

living%20room_zpsaqlwtugi.jpg

:rofl:

I'm looking for someone to do up my curtains / blinds too. Did you get Vincent to install your blinds as well? Could you post a photo of it, if not too troublesome? Thank you.

Hi Snowy89,

Really like your post on your new flat, been reading thru this whole week end, your new house looks really great.

I'm very keen to buy the tap that u fixed in your kitchen sink, where the flush hose can be pull out. Could u share the link for thus tap that u brought from Taobao, thanks & have a pleasant coming CNY.