Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Ur id is so good to give laminate foc... I m not given any in my case :(

Only the glass display cabinet is given laminates because can see mah. The insides of my cabinet are lined with coloured polygen (some call it the colour PVC). I think the colour PVC my ID already factored in the cost already. So technically not foc. :drunk:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think tampoi is selling vento fino II with vento fino I blades. I actually prefer the vento fino I blades as compared to the clover leaf shape. The main point of vento fino II is in the body of the fan. In vento fino II, you can see the body of the metal part is longer and the metal bar is not fixed to the metal part. That allows it to oscillate. Nothing to do with the blades.

yellow-blades-vento-fino-tp_546202867688

Example here is vento fino I fan.. You can compare it to my fan. My fan is vento fino II mechanism but vento fino I blades. You are right that it looks like a vento fino I fan. Price is a factor and as my wallet limits, I can only afford to pay $500+ for something that sell for $1400+ in Singapore. I need the oscillation, cooking in the kitchen will make me sweat like no tomorrow. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi snowy89,

Thanks for the clarification! I've visted Phylux last weekend and they're selling Fino II for S$1138 before GST. Fino II's wind is much stronger than Fino I.

I also prefer Fino I's blade. :)

Once again, thanks! Shall make a trip to Tampoi soon.

Rgds.

Featuring my pull out larder.. *deng deng deng*

pulloutlarder_zps2c4a13d5.jpg

Got them from Hafele. Spent a mini bomb on this one. More expensive than if I have gotten the blum ones cos I really wanted a one that can be pulled out together with the cabinet. It comes with blum tracks surprisingly. I bought the one that is attached to the carpentry for the bottom rack and a normal sliding one so that it is easier to access to the bottom rack if needed. This will be used to store all my can food and dry food. :yeah:

eubiqtrack_zps7d5ef8fc.jpg

Eubiq track is also being installed. Also the only area whereby we are using the eubiq track. Need to bring my units to try to see if the track works. Kinda sad that it is hidden. Do most people display that they are using the eubiq track in their house?? :dunno:

The reason why my reno is getting more and more expensive :bangwall:

I read about top hung tracks for the wardrobe which promise a smoother glide, and also won't have any dust trapped on the regular tracks in a sliding door wardrobe. So I ask my ID about it. She says it will be very expensive to do. Then I asked how much and she suggested to me to do suspended tracks instead as they will be cheaper than top hung.

Actually I got no idea what is the difference between suspended tracks or the top hung tracks because they both look rather similar to me - which is there will be no bottom tracks seen when you slide the door open.

Due to budget restrains, we decided to only do these special tracks to our own walk in wardrobe. :sport-smiley-004:

track_zpsdf089b8a.jpg

My sliding door look like this at the bottom. Somewhat like the ikea system that some people showed in their t-blog. The track is attached horizontally below.

track2_zps75596280.jpg

The top view. Also have another track placed horizontally. Guess this is the take the weight of the heavy doors. This make my doors gigantic looking.

After thoughts:

I don't mind the money spent because:

1) The gliding is really much smoother. I had another wardrobe in the common room that has the normal tracks and I really can feel the difference between them.

2) Feels luxurious to have them. ID mentioned that usually only people living in condo had asked for this.

3) Room looks bigger because the doors are humongous. Doors will be larger than the usual doors with normal tracks.

4) It is not as expensive as I thought it would be. Would have changed the common room to this if I have felt the difference between them in the first place as well.

Verdict: Definitely worth the money spent :thumbs up:

Yay to my 3rd page, never thought that I will be posting so religiously. But everything is just too exciting for a new flat owner. :jammin:

Now I can understand how people have over 10 over pages and I love reading up all of the long long entries during my pre-renovated state.

Made a trip to my house again yesterday and realized that my acrylic panels in the bathrooms are up. I topped up for these acrylic panels as well because they will make the ambience complete. HDB usually provide a netted finish and box to cover up the unsightly toilet pipes (with exception: top level).

Just to give an illustration:

normalpipecover_zps5a3221f0.jpg

Photo taken off the net. I forgot the source unfortunately because I forgot to snap a photo of my pre-renovated state. But this is how it usually look.

For the common bathroom, I stuck to the more yellowish LED strip because I find yellow compliments with blue. Yes, remember my sea theme for the common bathroom? It is actually coming to realization soon.

commonbathroomacrylicpanels_zps9b5339d2.

This is the effect when I switch on the LED strip only. Very soothing and romantic.

MBRacrylicpanels_zps49a683dc.jpg

As for my MBR bathroom, I decided to go for warm white T5 instead. This is so because T5 is generally brighter, and as my MBR bathroom is pre-domineering black, I want it to look not so gloomy but feel comfortable when I used it. Here is a sneak peak of my humongous storage mirror, opted for red ABS trimmings so you can have a peek of red on the top and bottom. Will go through more of what I have done for these bathrooms in detail soon.

I find that with these acrylic panels, it instantly give a face lift to the standard HDB toilets. Can't deny that I am even more obsessed with my bathrooms now. :dancingqueen:

R&R quoted us an INSANE amount for my 3R. Even though we don't really have a budget, we were quite shocked because it didn't really include many things. Excited to see how yours progresses. I know their workmanship is good, but the price is just crazy! :o

R&R quoted us an INSANE amount for my 3R. Even though we don't really have a budget, we were quite shocked because it didn't really include many things. Excited to see how yours progresses. I know their workmanship is good, but the price is just crazy! :o

Actually this is the an area I refuse to budge with my man. I was the one who insisted on R&R because I really like them. The quotation was barely inside our budget too and was higher than the other ID. Nonetheless, I feel reassured of their quality of work delivered. Judging from how I am so picky and still can find some of their workmanship parts that require to be rectified, it scares me to think what if I hire other contractors whose workmanship is shoddy. I think I will berserk. There may be some good contractors out there too, just that I find it very hassle free having my ID coordinating everything for me; even external vendors that she won't earn a cent from. It helped a lot since both of us are working.

My external vendor includes:

1) service yard windows + slim grilles

2) curtains

3) electrical works

4) Citygas gas piping (ID did everything and arrange for appointment)

5) Delivery from taobao

I guess I am paying a bit more for that extra service and quality workmanship but it saves me a lot of grief and headaches having to coordinate everything else. Anything else we are just going for the best and the cheapest, i.e. taobao. :P

• Like 1

We were pleasantly surprised when the kitchen table top was installed yesterday when we went down to monitor the renovation progress since it is the weekend. The graphite table top was supposed to be installed on the 17th of January according to the schedule my ID drafted out. Sooo.. we are ahead of schedule !!!! Happy max.

kitchentop_zpsc7419975.jpg

Seems like black galaxy is the only choice my ID offered to us. She says that the rest of the graphite options look like stone.

Tested my vento fino fan as well. Wind power is goooood. :D

Sink and hob are installed by the guys too. I bought the famous sellena taobao sink from taobao, but it looked kinda small after my granite top is up. I guess this is the one of the disadvantages of having an undermount sink. But consolation is I have more working space between the sink and the hob. I was so afraid they would be so close together.

Plumber will be coming to connect everything on Tuesday. Can't wait to wash my hands from the sink. We demolish all the HDB bathroom sinks, so the only water supply that the workers have access to is the common bathroom shower set, which also will be demolished on Tuesday as we are going for rainshowers for both bathrooms.

kitchentop2_zpsfb1c0a74.jpg

I went for the 40mm look for the kitchen. I guess this is personal preference, the thick slab of granite just gave me more confidence that they can handle the heat. My own logic. I am dedicating this free table space on the other side to place my airfryer, ricecooker or slow cooker etc. The eubiq track is on this side of the wall as well, albeit hidden.

vanitytop_zps2cbcebe7.jpg

The granite top for the MBR bathroom is 20mm, so that it will look sleeker. The rose sink is place on top to show how it will look like. Really glad that the rose laminates, graphite top and red ABS trimmings are all coming together and how they gel together. I have also imported some rose decals to paste on my glass shower partition.

The workers will be back to check on the top and perhaps repolish the surface as we have found some areas that we aren't too satisfied with. Hope that all turns out well in the end.

The house looks pretty much put together for now, I woud say it is almost 80% done.

Works that are still pending:

1) installation of my aircon unit (Coming Tuesday!)

2) plumbering + installing bathroom accessories (Coming Tuesday!)

3) spray glass for my kitchen (??? Given 21st Jan but looking at how my ID has always been ahead of schedule I will expect it to come sooner.)

4) installation of some of my taobao lights (currently being shipped still!! Maybe next next week when it arrived)

5) wallpaper installation (Next next week)

6) deliveries of my best denki buys (TV, fridge etc) + bosch items (end of the month)

7) delivery of my sofa (end of the month)

8) fixing up of my taobao batch 2 items (end of the month)

Edited by snowy89

3) spray glass for my kitchen (??? Given 21st Jan but looking at how my ID has always been ahead of schedule I will expect it to come sooner.)

What is a spray glass, Snowy89?

Everything is looking good! Nearing the end now. Soon you will be living in your new house. :)

What is a spray glass, Snowy89?

Everything is looking good! Nearing the end now. Soon you will be living in your new house. :)

JohnB, hmm it is just the regular glass backing which I got them in white instead of black. My ID referred to it as spray glass. Yeah tomorrow is going to be a big day !! My toilets are going to be fully functional !!!! Can't wait to review the taobao bathroom accessories that I have purchased too. They look really good but I am hoping that they function really well too. *crossing my fingers*

JohnB, hmm it is just the regular glass backing which I got them in white instead of black. My ID referred to it as spray glass. Yeah tomorrow is going to be a big day !! My toilets are going to be fully functional !!!! Can't wait to review the taobao bathroom accessories that I have purchased too. They look really good but I am hoping that they function really well too. *crossing my fingers*

I see. Thanks.

Exciting day tomorrow then! Good luck. :)

Common bathroom (Part I)

This will be the first time I will talk about my common bathroom. Punggol Topaz generally follow a white and blue theme. Naturally, the bathrooms come equipped with white tiles and blue mosaic tiles. I am not complaining because I find this combination one of the better ones out there.

After knowing that I will eventually get a blue toilet theme as one of my bathroom (since my intention is only to overlay my MBR bathroom), I began to think long and hard about how to change a blue toilet into something that I will love..

So aha! We came up the idea of having an ocean theme. I began my search in taobao in getting one of those pretty toilet seats, because we did not want to replace the WC in this bathroom, but will like to do something still so that it does not look so HDB.

Found one long and hard... but the loot that came is not the one that I ordered!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

seashelltoiletcover_zps258c4973.jpg

This was the one that came. Thankfully, it was not too ugly, and I thought it was okay so I gave the go ahead for them to install.

The original taobao link : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15987515111

So unless you want a surprise when you open your package, I highly suggest you all NOT to buy it.

cupboard_zps95f15fe0.jpg

Build a cupboard above the WC so that we can store some stuffs in here as well, having live in a house whereby my mum do build in in the toilet, I feel that it is a necessity to have it. Also sourced for the cute seashell door knob that the carpenter had placed at the bottom left.

Here's a close up:

cupboardknob_zpsbe4c2424.jpg

Taobao link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=3338797011

As usual, happy with the workmanship as the insides of my carpentry is covered by wood coloured PVC.

internalshelves_zpsb09b930f.jpg

Also examined the hinges, all using blum as well. :jammin:

rainshowerset_zpse9bfd19f.jpg

My rainshower set. Very heavy. Feels worthy of the price I paid for it. Tap, shower set and rainshower, water pressure is good maybe because I bought a storage heater and also I am staying in one of the lower levels. I bought the one with adjustable height (Very important!) and also the one with thinner flat panel so that it looks sleeker.

Taobao link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1352358635

Overall outlook of my common toilet for now:

commonbathroom_zps6caa5366.jpg

Still pretty satisfied.

What we are still lacking is that we have not install some toilet accessories which I will go through in part II. Also because we have decided to erect a half wall near the basin area because the stand alone basin I bought will not fit nicely into the HDB water pipes. There will be half an inch thickness gap whereby water can get trapped in between and it looked kinda ugly. Nonetheless, the half wall will also allow me to put things on it and acts as a ledge. Hopefully it is money well spent. :unsure: