Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wah you have been shopping! Hahah.. your comment on the pull-out larder cracks me up...the men better don't interfere with our kitchen area! :sport-smiley-003:

Looking forward to your reviews on the items! Am looking to get stuff too and I have got >60 potential items in my Taobao cart liao! :notti:

Will you be going for the 11 Nov Tmall sales to get more stuff? Saw the advisory on Peeka, sounds like a really major event!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah you have been shopping! Hahah.. your comment on the pull-out larder cracks me up...the men better don't interfere with our kitchen area! :sport-smiley-003:

Looking forward to your reviews on the items! Am looking to get stuff too and I have got >60 potential items in my Taobao cart liao! :notti:

Will you be going for the 11 Nov Tmall sales to get more stuff? Saw the advisory on Peeka, sounds like a really major event!

Haha, I can be a demanding wife and I can say the man spoil me rotten by letting me have my way most of the time. :P Taobao is a like a heaven for most of us undergoing the reno process so you are not alone, I am guilty of overshopping in taobao too. I have made the purchase of 40 items (1st batch) and my 2nd batch already contains 50 items (looking to add more actually :rolleyes: ). Overall, I think the pros outweighs the cons by a lot and we all can manage to save on this aspect so that we can splurge on other much needed necessities.

My second batch I am looking to order around that time as I would have collected my keys and sea shipment usually takes around 1 month plus to reach. So can see if I can take advantage of any cheaper items that are in my cart that may be on sale! What about you?

Hoping to finalise my flat design by then so I can start getting lightings, chairs, taps, lots of (& some probably unnecessary) kitchen accessories and maybe even ceramic ware! I have a thing for buying containers & jars, not knowing what to put in them! Hahah.. end up I will buy more things to fill them! :bleah:

This will be my first purchase by sea freight. Most probably will try out Amcon as peeka rates seem quite high? Am abit concerned if things will start to go haywire since volume of transactions is expected to be really high that period. Oh well, worth a shot if there are good deals! :thumbs up:

Counting down the days for collection of keys. 5 more days to go!! Hopefully my unit won't have too much rectifications needed. *cross fingers*

My taobao items will be delayed because I am pre-ordering the french wallpaper, only paid down payment and awaiting for the seller to close the preorder in a few days time before shipping it over to peeka's warehouse. Therefore, I think I will only receive the items on end nov or early dec..

In the mean time, I have started sourcing for window grilles manufacturer. Anyone used pang giap before? Seems like they are the only ones who have the slim grilles in Singapore. Not considering invisgrilles because they can be cut and it is hard to close/open the windows with the permanent fixture.

slim-window-grilles4.jpg

Looks like this. I'm won over by the slim-ness of the grilles.

Fans are also in my consideration at the same time but I don't understand why those that I love are the crazily expensive range, namely haiku for the living room. Also, I am eyeing the vento fino 2, because the mini fan is so cute and totally suit the small area in the kitchen as I will tend to sweat like mad if I cook in kitchen. :~ But hor, a bit hard to open my mouth to tell the man that I want them cos I don't know how to justify the price. :help:

Hi Snowy89!

I'm your excited fellow Topazian too! U got the exact floor plans as us (layout, dimension & measurements)!!! And I can't agree more with you that making space for the dining table and the kitchen entrance is sucha pain! We are trying to preserve the original kitchen entrance and squeeze in our round dining table....not sure if possible...I've been whining on some parts of the floor layout too (eg. wasted "walk-way" into the MBR, MBR toliet sink where I can't put a proper vanity country bla bla bla), but I know complaining too much won't make any difference now. So we decided to be thankful and make the best of the new house!

Anyway, do you mind sharing which block are you from? GUESS YOU'VE COLLECTED UR KEYS!!! I received HDB's letter that PCD will be end Dec - I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm from 260B btw. The theme I'm looking at is Country style - which is so so niche and hard to find good IDs & contractors....Like u, we've done a fair bit of research since dunno-how-long-ago because my hubbz and I are SOOOOO excited on our first new home. We have already purchased most of our furniture except our bed. This is how extremely excited we are!! *LOL* I'm also looking at French country themes which I bought my furniture from JS Manhatten Collection - a friend's contact. We got the extraordinary pcs like a fire place, a side board and a display cabinet for the hall. These, although have to find space to fit them, are essential to bring our our desired themes!

We are still meeting contractors and haven't chose one yet, but we thought we still have time as we plan to only start reno after CNY in March *Argghh..still a long wait.........* Meanwhile, we can share all the tips we can have with one another...esp when you also like the French, classic theme *winks* We decided to be our own ID becoz we have researched quite a fair bit and know what we want. Below are our requirements:

- WIW (MBR to bedroom 2)

- Hack half the wall between living room and bedroom 3 to create a cottage window

- Still comtemplating if we want a brick-like feature wall, which cld go scandi if not done well

- wainscoting panels in hall and MBR

- My hubbz toy collection in display cabinet - seriously, I'm still cracking my brains how to showcase them since country style themes don't have iron men and transformers living ard their halls

- lotsa wallpaper and pastel colours ard...(BTW, do you happen to know which country wallpaper can suit SG's weather? I'm worried that they may peel over time coz of our humidity!)

We are still cracking our brains on the ID of our flat but we are enjoying the process! I wish I can shop on TB but my chinese sucks to the max...I can't read nuts from their website....how sad. Pls feel free to exchange tips if you don't mind! :)

Excited to see post from TOPAZ - Finally!!!

Hey Snowy,

I'm in LOVE with your bathroom!! So luxurious. But my hubby dun like :(

I'm into the french cafe look, black frames for EVERYTHING. like window frame, door frame, shower screen frame. So classy <3 But but but... My house coming in about 3? 4? months (in Feb 2014) and I haven't found an ID/Contractor yet... I got burned BADLY by previous ID Add (+) Space Lifestyle/Design. Desposited 2k since March and until now nothing has been done. Even the 3D designs they never change since I feedback all those months ago. I told them HDB tiles are Dark grey for kitchen and White for living room and MBR. their design show me white kitchen floor and wooden MBR.... stupid ppl still enevr change after many many rounds of consultation. So we got fed up and in the end, lost that 2k. $%@$@#^@

Anyway, went to Expo last weekend and met a dude from Rezt And Relax! And I can say he is knowledgeable about his designs and can point out flaws on the spot and is honest! (I told him I think open concept wardrobe is nice but... then he said Yea, hard to clean and maintain, else look messy) *thumbs up* honest guy even added "this display is to show off only la."

Looking at your reno journey so far gives me a slight boost in confidence for hiring this ID.... but scared kena burn again :( I'm not doing a big big reno cause premium flat, tiles and doors already done. What if the ID slack off cause it's a small project? Still money to us you know!!

Oh and btw, I ADMIRE you for being able to shop in Taobao, I ALSO WANT but like countryglow, my Chinese sucks. Went online to try TRY once. and like I could not even navigate, much less read reviews -_-" Hope my future ID can go online shopping with me. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Countryglow- You and me facing the same prob. IRONMAN TOYS EVERYWHERE. Hubby is planning to buy more.. good god. Men. I did see this display in IKEA which I love cause it's glass with black frames but hubby says it's too small for this "X-Wing" (which is like massively wide about like 1m in length?) So i think we'll solve the problem by buying a display console for TV rather than doing up a feature wall... Then he can admire his toys while I watch my cooking channels. lol.

Does anyone have a problem with the bomb shelter door? Is it ugly? Does it protrude? If it's freaking metal I wanna conceal it, but... don't know how...

Hi CountryGlow,

It's always nice to know that I have neighbours here in renotalk!! I guess I am one of the earlier batch to receive my keys, staying at 260C. :drunk:

I'm glad we still can do something about the kitchen entrance after all. I don't like stuffs blocking my way when I am walking through, so I did not bother with a "buffer" zone to block the view from the main door. There was another idea which is to install a half shoe cabinet and the other side seattee that could act as your dining chair for privacy too. Rather feasible. My privacy is to close the main door. Hahaha!

Country style seems interesting. I have seen very classy country french houses done up by some of the t-blogs. Their ID pasted frames across the walls and I think they look absolutely beautiful. One thing we have in common is the amount of wallpapers we are going to have in our house. I guess wallpaper can last up to 10 years, which is the same amount of time any house should repaint in order for a face lift. Just keep the joint lines away from the aircon and pray that everything will turn out well. The wallpaper that I am getting from taobao according to the seller is a supreme grade so I hope that it won't be easily faded or whatsoever. Will update again on the quality when the shipment reaches!

I agree taobao market is limited to ppl who aren't proficient in Chinese. But you can try going to our neighbouring country for lightings too !! I am going over there during the weekend in hopes that I can shack a good deal for their fans. I'm so excited because they do carry the brands that I want and hearsay that they are half priced too, even after the 7% tax.

This would mean I can have more funds to buy more useless stuffs from everywhere else. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi MelanieTan,

Sorry to hear about your bad encounter. I have read ample topics which asked us not to give any deposit to the ID firms/contractor before we decided to sign with them. I guess they enticed you to put a downpayment so that they can churn out the 3D you wanted. I wouldn't say R&R is good yet, because my renovation has not yet started. Will give a fairer assessment once everything is done.

But given that I paid a premium for their service, and considering that it is on the higher end company, I expect more from them. End of the day, I just want a fuss free reno because the man and I aren't the very free type who can keep going down to do spot checks.

You can paint over the bombshelter door so that it sort of camouflage into the house. It doesn't protrude, not to worry. As for the ugly, round ventilation cap, I have seen someone showing pics of what their ID had done in the topaz group and I am impressed!! :thumbs up:

So you can show this to your ID and see what he/she can do:

ventilationhole_zpsc0fad175.jpg

Left: ugly metal piece

Right: problem solved!

Hi Snowy89,

OMG we are just next block neighbours!! We almost chose 260C during flat selection but didn't coz of the central rubbish bin and multi-storey carpark (we were left the low floors :angry2:) Anw, I'm looking forward to this new and vibrant estate!!! Waiting anxiously for letter on key collection ......

We haven't resolve the kitchen entrance 'problem' until we collected keys and go on site to do all the measurements with our contractor. In the end to accomodate the dining table, might have to heck down the other side of the kitchen wall so there will be more walkway into the kitchen - which we intended to build our shoe cabinet at that corner. Unless we don't mind the non-privacy and place the dining table right in front of the main door. Totally not keen coz so weird....Thanks for the ideas of errecting the shoe cabinet in front as a divider to block off some privacy, but we don't like such clustered-up concept of the dining and living room. Well, we'll see how during site visit. Floor space definitely not to our favour :(

Talking about wallpaper, I wanted to purchase from TB too (there're so many things I wish I can buy frm TB which can save us a lot of $) but like I've said about my bad mandarin, I might just buy from SG. My only concern is the wallpaper quality and workmanship. Going to our neighbouring country is a wise move! I plan to do that...to purchase KDK fans and lightings, home accessories etc...*Can't wait*

Would love to see more updates on ur flat yah! Enjoy the reno journey!

• Like 1

Hi Melanie Tan,

Sorry to hear about ur bad experience too :(

We heard many bad stories about IDs and contractors that's why we became more cautious when researching for one to do our reno. Esp when our theme is so niche. Best is to rely on contacts so at least you can be assured of the ID/contractor's services and work quality. Thank God for us, we managed to findreliable contacts. But have to agree that a lot of homework and efforts to put in our research and lotsa info overload! At least you also have the luxury of time to space out your research and sourcing...It will be fun!

Oh ya, I ever came across a display cabinet for toy collections which may suit what you want. Let me search and will upload the photo when I find it! I told my hubbz that he has to display his toys in the comfort of the bedroom since they won't fit the hall...For my hubbz, we just have to find a nice space for him to place his toys (which he adores and so proud of) will suffice! It's getting so common these days right..........Hehe...

Hi Countryglow,

Maybe you can get your ID to customize one for you? Especially since they are good at french theme. For my ID, I am only getting them to do cornices (A must for any french theme) and the rest of the furnitures I am getting those ready made ones because I am not confident whether they can deliver to the exact theme that I want for the MBR. Buying furnitures from taobao will be flat packed and we will have to assemble the furnitures ourselves. The man and I are still thinking of paying $$ to the carpenters to save us trouble of figuring out how to fix them up

Here are some links that you may be interested in for french styled glass cabinets:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.zWFTBn&id=23439108189&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=&abbucket=15

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998025129.1.teKcbE&id=18109965084&abbucket=_AB-M32_B6&rn=&acm=03054.1003.1.131089&uuid=YwbEHzDI_an/FDFIDpBkCAa%20c3dZfkZHd&abtest=_AB-LR32-PV32_895&scm=1003.1.03054.ITEM_18109965084_131089&pos=1

Buying through Peeka is more for convenience cos they will follow up and really do their job well in checking for any defects before shipping them over to us. It is easy to follow up on them as well. Any top ups, they will inform you accordingly. ;)

You should start your t-blog thread once you received your keys! Really looking forward to seeing more of topaz residents posting in this forum. Haha.

Hi all,

Today I will discuss about buying fans and this is my personal encounter while shopping for the fans. Good or bad, I think it can serve as a guideline or warning for the rest of us who are still shopping for items for our dream house.

Initially, we wanted to buy the well known haiku fan! !! The cheapest quotation that we have gotten so far was $1100 from Universal Union. Did not give us any face when we told them we are just looking around still as we are undecided. Those who love haiku just head straight to this shop and don't bother with the others. I tried going down to phylux as well because they have both haiku and vento fino which I simply adore. :wub: They did not want to disclose how much discount they are able to give over the phone and asked me to go down to their warehouse instead. When I went there and checked it out, I was greeted by a very soft spoken lady. She told me they are retailing the haiku at $1380 not including GST!!! And the best price they can offer is to absorb the GST. Same goes for vento fino series. The vento fino version 1 costs $499 and version 2 a whooping $1399. I also told her that haiku costs much lesser @ 1.1k elsewhere and she did not seem to believe me. She even exclaimed that if it is so cheap, tell her where and she also want to buy. :no: Also, if I wanted other colours I would have to order and the stocks will only come in a month's time so I am appalled and did not want to commit to their time line. Furthermore, they seem to be only interested in serving the richer looking uncles and aunties in the shop as I asked for their black WCs catologue and got nothing after waiting in vain for about 10 minutes+ so I just left. I would say avoid phylux and just go to the shops along geylang road.

Universal Union Enterprises Pte Ltd.

710 Geylang Road

Singpore 389625 (recommended - served by Ivy See)

Phylux

160 Paya Lebar Road, Orion

#01-08, Singapore 409022 (Boycott, not recommended)

However, after much discussions with the man, we decided that haiku is still way out of our budget. Also, I am bent on getting the vento fino version 2 although it is so expensive. After researching, I managed to find out that by going over the causeway, vento fino version 2 is so so much cheaper! The difference in version 1 and version 2 is that version 2 can oscillate and the wind power is so much stronger. I really love the version 2 one. :dribble: ... And I simply cannot bear to buy it in Singapore. I remember seeing this shop being mentioned a few times in this forum actually..

Tampoi Lighting Centre Sdn. Bhd.

No. 2,4 & 6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1

Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai)

81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia. (Highly recommended!!)

There are a few ways to go to JB if you do not own a car.

1) By bus

Bus service Route Operating Hours Fares SBS 160 Jurong East Interchange to Kotaraya II Terminal via

• Bukit Batok Road
  • Choa Chu Kang Road (BP5 Phoenix LRT)
  • Woodlands Road (BP14 Ten Mile Junction LRT & NS7 Kranji MRT)
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Jurong East:

• Daily: 05:30 – 00:00

From Kotaraya:

• Mon-Fri: 06:19 – 00:32
  • Sat, Sun & PH: 06:15 – 00:25

Normal distance-based trunk fares. SBS 170 Queen Street Terminal to Larkin Terminal via

• Bukit Timah Road/Duneard Road (NE7 Little India MRT & NS21 Newton MRT)
  • Upper Bukit Timah Road
  • Woodlands Road (BP14 Ten Mile Junction LRT & NS7 Kranji MRT)
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Queen Street:

• Daily: 05:20 – 00:10

From Larkin:

• Mon-Fri: 05:20 – 00:30
  • Sat, Sun & PH: 05:30 – 00:30

Normal distance-based trunk fares. SBS 170 NS7 Kranji MRT to Kotaraya II Terminal via

• Woodlands Checkpoint

From NS7 Kranji MRT:

• Mon-Fri: 05:36 – 23:30
  • Sat: 05:40 – 00:00
  • Sun & PH: 05:40 – 23:30

From Kotaraya:

• Daily: 05:15 – 00:00

Normal distance-based trunk fares. SMRT 950 Woodlands Regional Interchange to Kotaraya II Terminal via

• Woodlands Avenue 3 (NS8 Marsiling MRT)
  • Woodlands Centre Road
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Woodlands:

• Daily: 05:30 – 23:30

From Kotaraya:

• Mon-Sat: 05:30 – 00:00
  • Sun & PH: 05:50 – 00:00

Normal distance-based trunk fares. Advance Coach AC7 Yishun Interchange to Kotaraya II Terminal via

• Yishun Avenue 7
  • Sembawang Road
  • Sembawang Way (NS11 Sembawang MRT)
  • Woodlands Avenue 9
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Yishun:

• Mon-Sat: 05:45 – 23:30
  • Sun & PH: 06:00 – 23:30

From Kotaraya:

• Mon-Sat: 05:00 – 23:50
  • Sun & PH: 05:40 – 23:50

Flat fare:

• S$2 (for cash payment in Singapore and all ez-link card payments)
  • RM2 (for cash payment in JB only)

Singapore-Johore Express Queen Street Terminal to Larkin Terminal non-stop via

• PIE, BKE & Woodlands Checkpoint

From Queen Street:

• Daily: 06:30 – 23:30

From Larkin:

• Daily: 06:30 – 23:30

Flat fare:

• S$2.40 (in Singapore)
  • RM2.40 (in JB)
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW1 NS7 Kranji MRT to Larkin Terminal via

• Woodlands Checkpoint
  • Kotaraya II Terminal

From NS7 Kranji MRT:

• Daily: 05:30 – 23:30

From Larkin:

• Daily: 04:30 – 22:45
  • To be advised
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW2 Queen Street Terminal to Larkin Terminal non-stop via

• Bukit Timah Road, PIE, BKE & Woodlands Checkpoint

From Queen Street:

• Daily: 04:30 – 23:00

From Larkin:

• Daily: 06:00 – 23:30

To be advised. Causeway Link CW3 Jurong East Interchange to Perling Mall Terminal via

• AYE
  • Tuas Checkpoint
  • Taman Bukit Indah (Jusco, Tesco & Giant)

From Jurong East:

• Daily: 07:30 – 23:45

From Perling Mall:

• Mon-Fri: 04:35 – 21:35
  • Sat, Sun & PH: 04:55 – 21:35
  • S$4 (in Singapore)
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW3S Jurong East Interchange to Sutera Mall Terminal via

• AYE
  • Tuas Checkpoint
  • Taman Bukit Indah

From Jurong East:

• Mon-Sat: 11:15, 15:00, 18:00, 19:20, 21:20, 23:15
  • Sun & PH: 11:15, 15:00, 19:20, 23:15

From Sutera Mall:

• Mon-Sat: 05:30, 09:10, 13:30, 17:20, 19:40, 21:15
  • Sun & PH: 09:10, 13:30, 17:20, 21:15
  • S$4 (in Singapore)
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW4 Jurong East Interchange to Pontian Terminal via

• AYE
  • Tuas Checkpoint
  • Gelang Patah Terminal

From Jurong East:

• Daily: 18:30, 19:20

From Pontian:

• Daily: 05:30, 06:00, 15:00, 16:30
  • S$4 (in Singapore)
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW4S Jurong East Interchange to Sutera Mall Terminal via

• AYE
  • Tuas Checkpoint
  • Gelang Patah Terminal

From Jurong East:

• Mon-Sat: 08:05 – 21:00
  • Sun & PH: 07:30 – 21:20

From Sutera Mall:

• Mon-Sat: 04:35 – 16:50
  • Sun & PH: 04:35 – 20:20
  • S$4 (in Singapore)
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW5 Newton Circus to Johor Bahru Customs Checkpoint via

• PIE/BKE
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Newton Circus:

• Daily: 06:00 – 23:30

From JB Customs:

• Daily: 05:00 – 22:30
  • S$4 (in Singapore)
  • Only cash is accepted

Causeway Link CW6 EW27 Boon Lay MRT (bus stop along Boon Lay Way) to Bukit Indah via

• AYE
  • Tuas Checkpoint

From NS27 Boon Lay MRT:

• Mon-Sat: 07:30 – 22:40
  • Sun & PH: 09:00 – 22:40

From Bukit Indah:

• Mon-Fri: 05:00 – 21:30
  • Sat: 06:00 – 21:30
  • Sun & PH: 08:00 – 21:40
  • S$4 (in Singapore)
  • Only cash is accepted

Transtar Express TS1 Changi Airport to Kotaraya II Terminal limited-stop via

• TPE
  • Sengkang/Punggol (SE1 Compassvale LRT)
  • Jalan Kayu
  • Sembawang Road
  • Woodlands Avenue 5 (NS9 Woodlands MRT)
  • Woodlands Avenue 3 (NS8 Marsiling MRT)
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Changi Airport:

• Daily: 06:50 – 23:50

From Kotaraya:

• Daily: 05:00 – 22:00
  • S$3 – S$7 (in Singapore)
  • RM7 (in JB)
  • Only cash is accepted
  • Refer to website

Transtar Express TS8 Resorts World Sentosa to Kotaraya II Terminal limited-stops via

• Outram Road (EW16/NE3 Outram Park MRT)
  • Zion Road/Kim Seng Road
  • Scotts Road/Paterson Road (NS22 Orchard MRT)
  • Whitley Road
  • PIE
  • BKE
  • Woodlands Checkpoint

From Resorts World Sentosa:

• Mon-Sat: 08:00 – 00:00
  • Sun & PH: 09:00 – 00:00

From Kotaraya:

• Mon-Sat: 05:45 – 21:45
  • Sun & PH: 06:45 – 21:45
  • S$3 – S$5 (in Singapore)
  • RM5 (in JB)
  • Only cash is accepted
  • Refer to website

Compass Coaches Marina Bay Sands to Tune Hotel Danga Bay non-stop via

• Woodlands Checkpoint

From Marina Bay Sands:

• Daily: 09:00, 12:00, 20:00, 23:00

From Tune Hotel Danga Bay:

• Daily: 07:30, 10:30, 13:30, 21:30

Refer to website.

2) Singapore Cross-Border Taxis to Johor Bahru

Ban San St. Taxi Kiosk, Singapore 911832
5 mins walk from Bugis MRT station. Travel in groups of 4 and pay $48 to reach the terminal.

The man and I decided to opt for the easy way out and requested to head straight to the lighting mall at $55. They do sell LED downlights, T5 lightings and other lights as well but since I have already bought my lights from taobao, I decided that we should only buy our fans there.

Here are the long awaited loots.

elmark_zps77294dfb.jpg

Elmark aeronamics - 23

56" DC Motor Ceiling fan in white for our living room.

A good substitue for the haiku fan.

**Tip: Remember to request for the shorter rod (5") and also whether you are going to fix it up on the ceiling directly (ask for cement bracket) or the false ceiling bracket. Also bargain somemore even though the prices stated there are already very cheap.

ventofino2_zps2f8cc8a6.jpg

fanbladecolour_zpsf50391ce.jpg

Chose my Vento Fino version 2 for the kitchen in Mahogony. The maple oak colour is nice but more suited for Scandinavian style. We are going for a more brownish overlook so it did not really fit into the theme we had in mind.

Also managed to buy our storage heater over there. We bought the Joven 25L for RM500. Total expenditure: approximate RM3000, which is approximately sgd $1200 for all three items!!!! Satisfaction: PRICELESS. :jammin:

Edited by snowy89

• Like 1

Hi Countryglow,

You should start your t-blog thread once you received your keys! Really looking forward to seeing more of topaz residents posting in this forum. Haha.

Hi Snowy89!

I'm your excited fellow Topazian too!

Excited to see post from TOPAZ - Finally!!!

Topazian no. 3 falling in!! :D

Many updates this week:

1) Bsc rectifications finally coming to an end. Likely because we have opted in for tiles and doors

Rectifications include gap between skirting and wall, gap between skirting and tiles, chips/scratches on doors, grout line holes, deep grout lines and uneven tiles. Nevertheless, the BSC people have been very responsible and responsive to our needs and had rectified everything within a span of 2 weeks.

2) Bought my pull out wire mesh larder from Hafele

I always wanted to have a pull out larder and if I asked my ID to make one for me, she will source for it and then charge me higher for it and the material may not be as good. So I researched for larder units and found the ideal one from hafele. But It is more expensive than I expected it to be.

pulloutlarder_zpse0020452.jpg

I bought the set wire baskets.

Front pull out: 385 X 503 X 140 mm

Internal pull out: 402 X 488 X 125 mm

Set components complete with runner include damper, front panel connector and trays. Can hold up to 30kg each.

3) Selected my craftstone design and MBR wall tiles (overlay)!!

tiles_zps555b2d6a.jpg

All selected from hafary. Beige craft stones will be used for the TV feature wall.

Bottom left picture will be used for our MBR feature wall @ shower area and the bottom right will be for the rest of the MBR toilet.

My ID did gave us a cap of $3psf for the tiles, and the bottom left one actually cost $4.50psf but she absorbed the cost for us! Awesome max. I guess I can look forward to a pretty MBR bathroom soon. :sport-smiley-004:

The selection at hafary is really big.. So I would suggest you browse their catalog online first and have a rough idea of what you want to get before you go down. Otherwise, you will just get lost!! Too many tiles seriously.

4) Signed my window grilles with pang giap

The pang giap guy came down to measure my windows. The man and I agreed to go for slim grilles for the house. While aluminium grilles are cheap, it does not deter burglars from trying to break into the house. It is of concern for us because we are staying in a quite low level unit. The slim grilles come in iron wrought and surprisingly it is **** strong despite being so slim, a far cry from the flimsy aluminium that was installed in our parents' houses. I guess you really pay for what you get. He gave us some pretty good discount that it is difficult to say no. I can just say that he made us very happy. Hopefully the installation process will be a breeze.

5) Settled for my aircon works

Going for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries system 4. Aircon piping went through and through with ID. Everything seems good and ready to roll.

Last but not least.....

6) Our HDB reno permit has been approved! So works are going to start next week!! :D