Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fingerscrossed

How Will This Taobao House End Up?! Industrial Or Dust?

Renovation starts next week! Woo hoo!

This little pig's house: 4A Resale

Renovation budget: About 40K (At least, my contractor says that he will help me not exceed that)

What's included?:
1. Laying of Vinyl Flooring throughout the house, including the kitchen (overlaying on existing tiles)
2. Total renovation of both bathrooms (overlaying on existing tiles)
3. Knocking down of wall to make the kitchen smaller, so as to accommodate a kitchen island (yes!)
4. Total renovation of kitchen (hacking and replacement of existing cabinets, laying over of glass/tiles on existing wall tiles)
5. Removal of ceiling cornices, smoothening of the "popcorn" textured walls
6. Plumbing and Electrical Wiring
7. Windows (Living room and 1 bedroom, invisible grilles and blinds)
8. Closet in master bedroom. closet "shell" in one bedroom
9. 1.8m Kitchen island

10. New doors throughout the house

My contractor: Mr Yap (recommended by friends)

gallery_65350_590_129604.jpg

Edited by Fingerscrossed

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome! Looks very much like my current house! Really nice layout except it's a bit noisy in the room if TV is on in living room, u might want to Invest in better doors that can block out sound.

Welcome! Looks very much like my current house! Really nice layout except it's a bit noisy in the room if TV is on in living room, u might want to Invest in better doors that can block out sound.

Taobao Buys

Like many others, I've taken the plunge and purchased furniture, lights, bathroom fixtures and home decor from Taobao.

I have not received my furniture as it is taking them 2 months to make them! (they will be ready early Dec)

I will post my purchases here and will provide feedback about quality as I receive my items

Living/Dining Room:

Dining Table, dining chairs, bar stools and ceiling lights

gallery_65350_590_19284.jpg

Sideboard/Shelf

gallery_65350_590_6445.jpg

Barn Door to the kitchen: I will have 2 doors and two rows of windows

gallery_65350_590_296.jpg

Edited by Fingerscrossed

oohh! Thanks for the tip! I am getting new doors. Will bear that in mind!

can i have the link for your yellow kitchen lights?

thanks!

Sure thing! I actually ordered one first to check out the quality. Was afraid that it was plastic as it was only $18.60 (!!).

It is metal. However, the yellow is more of a lemon yellow and not the buttery yellow in the picture. I'll take a picture later and post it.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.98.6gAPe9&id=19279366940

Barn door from TB too?? Drool..

Yes it is! I could specify size, colour etc. For the size I ordered (2100x700mm) I paid 3200 Yuan ($680). That includes the track rail for the door and the shipping to the China warehouse. I do not know how much sea freight will be to Singapore as the rest of the furniture isn't ready yet.

Hi, may I have the link to these?

Living/dining shelf with rollers, barn door

Bedrm cabinet & bedside table.

Like what your photo is, ordering from Taobao I got to keep my finger crossed too...hahaha

Bathroom:

Lights for two bathrooms, mixers, rainshowers (I even purchased drainage covers)

gallery_65350_590_132803.jpg

Hi! May I have your link to the drainage cover you purchased ? Thanks. Wish you luck on your renovation!.