Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smiley2014

Fs Advice Required....

Hi all,

I recently engaged a FSM whom my friend recommended. He said the house is not suitable for my partner and to 'hua' the thing, he say to put some 5 di coins and a wooden gourd at the door and to 'dang' the trees infront of my place, to place bagua at the window to block. The stove to move to the shorter side of the kitchen else it will be on the wealth position?? (which is not the "supposed" suggested area suggested by HDB).

I'm quite resistant to putting up these things at the doors and windows, I prefer things which are not religious. I think cos the FSM is more of a taoist side which I didn't know when my friend recommended him to us. Sigh. Anyone has any advice to do otherwise? The reason y I went for FS is to have a peace of mind in terms of correct placing of the bed and all end up...

(btw, I'm a noob in FS to know about what stars and all)

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This day's fs advises very much cultural & religious-related....thus advises offered ...you can image.

Don't mind share here your issues?

Hi,

He mentioned things like the house is not suitable for my partner and thus suggested that we put some ancient coins and some wooden gourd at the main door as a "remedy". There are trees infront of the flat, so he said to put baguas at the balcony and window to "dang". Other than that, to shift the divider from the door by additional 1m (which I'm ok although it eats up quite a bit of space considering the size), stove to switch to the other side. I'm ok to follow for the furniture/ stove placement but not comfortable with the religious portion... just checking what are the suggestions which classical fs will provide in this case since classical fs is non-religious... thinking of getting 2nd opinion from a non-religious fsm. sigh.

Well, if the "things" he ask u to buy off-shelf comes "cheap" ..just a few dollars ...u can implement it RATHER than engage another non-religious fsm which cost another $$$

You try out these remedies first, if work ..good for u ..

if don't work, then take a slower approach to get another fsm

By most definitions of "religion", don't think Fengshui falls into the worship gods/deity concept. First and foremost is to realise you invested in your well-being and be happy about having learnt something here. You can share you experience with your friends and your kids next time.

Yes a stove at the wrong position may burn away wealth. Not to forget, If you cook often, do try to maintain a working triangle shape between stove, sink and fridge to best improve work flow. Or simply imagine how you go about daily cooking and see if it is efficient. Just google on this.

Not comfortable with blatantly showing coins and gourds? Hide it in the divider or think of ways (in the electrical switch cabinet beside door or in a vase). Just make sure you don't show disrespect by putting those lucky charms like in the in shoe cabinet or under the door (where you step on). Nothing works if you don't believe in it. Positive energy besides from the environment, comes from your words and your actions, everyday be positive and your thoughts and environment might change with you sometimes.

Good luck :)

On what grounds cited by fsm that partner not suitable for the house?DOB?Wuxing?Health issue? Are you convinced by his theories or herding by peer/social pressure?There is no houses that human can't take shelter. The worst is no shelter to take at all. The HK situation is a good example.

Again, how the coins and wooden gourd help the situation? Blur blur right? To be frank, by living up to present age, besides appreciating their outlook, tangible and intangible values, I can't relate how they could influence one's and anothers' well beings. Unless you love they, otherwise they are eyesore everyday and add onto the mental stress by looking at them.

The open concept kitchen speaks for the least significant what stove/basin placement.....in this modern living. Important things are you have a stove for cooking and a basin for washing the needy. SCDF can tell precisely how one's wealth can be burnt by the stove fire. The convenient move/flow of cooking/washing dishes, etc and safety aspects are above all.

Recent news articles reported town council ordered a resident to remove a bague which face directly to his neighbour. Why?

To 'dang' what? Trees, corners, blades, arrows all the 'sha'??? Can it 'dang' the c-clip that may fly into one's unit from the mrt track?

There are simply too many 'sha' to 'dang'. The 'small men', the gossips, the norms, the social values pressures.....can you 'dang' them by bagua?

Do agree with Saru's last sentence...about the positive energy.....

Edited by bepgof

The Fengshui follows the Breadwinner/ Father of the house anyway - Rest would not matter as much. It is said Lilian Too (A famous FSM in SE Asia I believe) and her partner sleep in separate rooms since Fengshui can't please everyone and everything - her partner and herself have different "HUAT ah" directions and lucky spots -. For FS to work, be comfortable, rational and logical first.

Coins and lucky items have to 开光 to be effective - which means they need the blessing and prayer of people with a lot of positive energy to change circumstance. They can always be alternatives (though authentic 5 Emperor Coins collect the positivity of 5 dynasties). Hard to change to world so learn to change yourself positively. For example, filial piety volition, conviction and action brings truck load of wealth. Everything has an uncanny karma that comes back to you - positively or negatively.

You can share your renovation floor plan and designs and who knows someone may have another solution for you.
or put up your Ba Zi for analysis

Would love you more if you care elaborate meaning and which school of thought that supports argument of 'FS follows breadwinner/Father of the house', and WHY NOT the mother or ALL who live under same roof? And precisely WHAT attributes/parameters of that breadwinner/father referred to in term for house fs? And What if breadwinner/Father returns to the dust, FS of house losses 'reference' ?? Don't tell me FS of the house follows the next owner?? And don't forget ownership of property here can be in the form of joint tenancy and common tenancy in whichever forms could have contained more than 1 person/legal entities. The 'legal entities' could be companies......Another scenario, what if no 'breadwinner' in the house - old couples, house fully redeemed, expenses financially supported by children who don't stay in the house? What about houses that being rented out?

I think Mr. Jiang, at that ancient enough point of time, completely ignorant enough about the later possible development of ownership structure of houses that trapped and challenged his 'breadwinner/father' formular on house FS. Similarly to Zhi Ping Bazi's ideal time pillar construction which based on Sun-Earth 2-hr interval,has been so much so 'disturbed' by politicians' decisions that bazi interpreters adopted 'the blinds follow the blinds', not mentioning the commoners who, usually, completely in the darkness yet claiming they 'see'.

WHAT is ''开光' here referred to? Simply symbolic religious ritual of 'cleansing' or 'commissioning'? Wayang wayang kind like dotting the eyes of dancing lions? Or a human being (B or T), in the name of a Deity, invites the 'Divine Essence' being possessed to the coins or lucky items?? Possessed already so what? A process of EMPOWERMENT?? Empower WHAT exactly? Who has the absolute authority to empower? WHY must be the coins or lucky items? Why can't the ''开光' be done on house, as a house ?? Some intended human interpretation/influence for intended gains, right?

Sorry posing so many these, simply in hope promoting 'thinking' and 'learning' habits such that ones do things, or 'playing games in life' - by knowing the rules of the games (cause & effect) before taking part. Too bad, we're born being threw into the games directly through which we pick up and follow many unknown rules. Some manipulates/alters rules for mass to follow...however, ALL subject to rules of nature. Who and why set these rules of nature, you have to ask God, definitely not fsms. We just need to understand (for understanding cause & effect) and follow the rules to get the optimum. Again problems come - we don't understand so we 'monkeys see monkeys do' to get acceptance/recognition by community, i called it 'social pressure' We do things like that, right? So understand first then do or do first then understand? Or do and herd, don't try to understand?

Remember there is a UT posting in this thread that an old monk talked about 开光....? He didn't do 开光 as it is 'meaningless' to him, cause it benefits none - it is fundamentally some different human-defined meanings/interpretations and therefore actions over same subject.

Edited by bepgof

Would love you more if you care elaborate meaning and which school of thought that supports argument of 'FS follows breadwinner/Father of the house', and WHY NOT the mother or ALL who live under same roof? And precisely WHAT attributes/parameters of that breadwinner/father referred to in term for house fs? And What if breadwinner/Father returns to the dust, FS of house losses 'reference' ?? Don't tell me FS of the house follows the next owner?? And don't forget ownership of property here can be in the form of joint tenancy and common tenancy in whichever forms could have contained more than 1 person/legal entities. The 'legal entities' could be companies......Another scenario, what if no 'breadwinner' in the house - old couples, house fully redeemed, expenses financially supported by children who don't stay in the house? What about houses that being rented out?

I think Mr. Jiang, at that ancient enough point of time, completely ignorant enough about the later possible development of ownership structure of houses that trapped and challenged his 'breadwinner/father' formular on house FS. Similarly to Zhi Ping Bazi's ideal time pillar construction which based on Sun-Earth 2-hr interval,has been so much so 'disturbed' by politicians' decisions that bazi interpreters adopted 'the blinds follow the blinds', not mentioning the commoners who, usually, completely in the darkness yet claiming they 'see'.

WHAT is ''开光' here referred to? Simply symbolic religious ritual of 'cleansing' or 'commissioning'? Wayang wayang kind like dotting the eyes of dancing lions? Or a human being (B or T), in the name of a Deity, invites the 'Divine Essence' being possessed to the coins or lucky items?? Possessed already so what? A process of EMPOWERMENT?? Empower WHAT exactly? Who has the absolute authority to empower? WHY must be the coins or lucky items? Why can't the ''开光' be done on house, as a house ?? Some intended human interpretation/influence for intended gains, right?

Sorry posing so many these, simply in hope promoting 'thinking' and 'learning' habits such that ones do things, or 'playing games in life' - by knowing the rules of the games (cause & effect) before taking part. Too bad, we're born being threw into the games directly through which we pick up and follow many unknown rules. Some manipulates/alters rules for mass to follow...however, ALL subject to rules of nature. Who and why set these rules of nature, you have to ask God, definitely not fsms. We just need to understand (for understanding cause & effect) and follow the rules to get the optimum. Again problems come - we don't understand so we 'monkeys see monkeys do' to get acceptance/recognition by community, i called it 'social pressure' We do things like that, right? So understand first then do or do first then understand? Or do and herd, don't try to understand?

Remember there is a UT posting in this thread that an old monk talked about 开光....? He didn't do 开光 as it is 'meaningless' to him, cause it benefits none - it is fundamentally some different human-defined meanings/interpretations and therefore actions over same subject.

Agree with you!

But everyone needs some hocus pocus to believe in and for some folks to make a living I guess? Milo also can add some extra powder on top make Milo Dinosaur and charge more money :P

It's always things that are subject to interpretation that allows a lot of spin-offs. That's why just take it as supplementary knowledge pinch of salt - Like Lao Yu Shengs and jumping over charcoal stove - Makes for great Chinese Cultural Rituals whether they work or not. Everything is still pretty much up to self - positivity can change everything.

Not everyone will want to rationalise properly even if they get the real truth though.

Well at least it's not as crazy as "China Wine" CDs :P

That was blatant to me but to this day there are still a lot of Biebers for that.

oh wait..there was the Bomoh with a good fan base trying to find the missing plane as well...

"Open Light" is true - Real monks really would not be involved in such rituals unnecessarily. But it's a way to earn donations for the temple for sure and bless/keep the masses happy as a good deed. Our government always ask various religious leaders out to bless certain events like National Day though and "Open Light Blessing ritural" for the emblem on the Beret is an NS story that the previous generation pass down and even NCO/Specs today talk about it" What's No-No is that monks definitely do not hang out on the streets to ask for money - have to beg for alms(only FOOD) at Dawn and return very early for breakfast - no more outings after that in Mercedes Benz and nor more horse racing in Australia like a certain someone.

I say 'I know' if I knew, I say 'I don't know' if I knew not.

You can completely ignore LT.

What father/breadwinner ?? This is part of theories of '福建之法' fs - 旁门左道.

If you follow 'Jiang''s theories of 9 stars - you would have to change main door every 20 years.

If a 'fsm' adopts 'open light' approach - ask him go to temples and you can forget him.

Read chinese texts? Here are 2 links i put in dropbox. 55pg + 104pg. They help understand some fs history.

No quick fix - one has to spend efforts/resources to understand the rules of games.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yft01i6wenqk0fh/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E9%A3%8E%E6%B0%B4%E5%8F%91%E5%B1%95%E7%AE%80%E5%8F%B2.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m6uqzqqb0i5wcl/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E6%AD%A3%E7%BB%9F%E9%A3%8E%E6%B0%B4%E5%AD%A6%28%E8%B5%A3%E5%B7%9E%E6%9D%A8%E6%95%91%E8%B4%AB%E9%A3%8E%E6%B0%B4%E5%9C%B0%E7%90%86%E5%AD%A6%2C%E5%B7%B2%E6%94%B9%E7%89%88%29.pdf?dl=0

Wow I saw the table of contents.
This is a great resource! Thanks for the information!
Currently reading a lot of books from Taiwan that are so thick and boring. This one is a great summary!

Hi all,

I recently engaged a FSM whom my friend recommended. He said the house is not suitable for my partner and to 'hua' the thing, he say to put some 5 di coins and a wooden gourd at the door and to 'dang' the trees infront of my place, to place bagua at the window to block. The stove to move to the shorter side of the kitchen else it will be on the wealth position?? (which is not the "supposed" suggested area suggested by HDB).

I'm quite resistant to putting up these things at the doors and windows, I prefer things which are not religious. I think cos the FSM is more of a taoist side which I didn't know when my friend recommended him to us. Sigh. Anyone has any advice to do otherwise? The reason y I went for FS is to have a peace of mind in terms of correct placing of the bed and all end up...

(btw, I'm a noob in FS to know about what stars and all)

TIA

Basic requirements: FSM should able to "point out" few incident (at least 3) happen to house owner/family (in this case is you). Then FSM should able to advise you to position important furniture in your house, how to the design should be. FSM should able advise you what will happen to your house, after change.

Real FSM should not advise buy items that selling from its own shop.

If you follow 'Jiang''s theories of 9 stars - you would have to change main door every 20 years.

Theoretically...yes.....or rather thats an easy way out but practically.....might not be this way. 入室私门是握机。