Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZYQ

U-home Interior Design

I'm a new resale flat owner and so far still waiting for my renovation to end by U-Home Interior. They had start the renovation on 21 May and most probably will end on mind July. Had voice my displeasure on some areas of renovation to my ID Raymond and he got it redo to my instructions. So far the renovation is up to my expectation and looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I had actually went to quite a few IDs and some of them I can say is cmi. I went to a popular interior design company with wifey and was shocked to hear 1 of their ID commenting to another customer "auntie, u can't expect your fren do her renovation for $20k 5 years ago and u will be able to do the renovation for the same price 5 years later wat." I was thinking what the heck.....is this the way their ID talk to customer? If I pay for your service, the least I expect is basic courtesy. I then decided to leave with wifey without a quotation though they are highly recommended for their best price and got lots of artistes recommending the ID company.

I then went to IMM with wifey and actually ask for quotation from almost all the shops on the 3rd floor there. Some upon hearing I was just browsing around and wanna know how much it costs to overhaul my flat, they give me a kind of face when hear I only have a budget of $30k. Some tell me will e-mail me their quotation but the quotation never ever came. I then went to U-home and was attended by Raymond. He answered our questions honestly. How I know? Cos before that I had went to the other shops so can roughly guage whether the ID is just pulling a fast one. He even go to the extent of explaining his designs and drawing out a rough one for me n wifey to view on the spot. He also tell me how the other IDs could have so low cost as they left out hidden cost such as haulage etc from their quotation. After 2hours of sitting there and asking questions, I told Raymond that I still wanna consider as his quote to me is kinda high $36/- and out of my budget. I was expecting a disappointed and pissed off face as I had wasted 2hours of his time. But suprise, he tell me no problem and to take my time to choose which shop I want and get back to him if I decided to get him. He then also pass me some of the paint brochure to bring home and other renovation magazines to research on.

Wifey and I then feel quite good about his services and decided to sign up with U-home 1 week later. Though U-home is not the cheapest and also not the most expensive of ID companies, I felt that at least the ID put me at ease and could be easily contacted when I called him (I called him almost every alternate days to ask questions on renovation) =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Had my new 5-room unit done up by U-home 5 yrs ago and I am proud to say that all that has been done are still in good condition..really good workmanship. Our contractor's name is Tony and we just met up with him again just now for a quote on our future EA home... Very nice guy still :)

Talked to U-Home, and got quotation from them.

Definitely not the cheapest, but at least the service and attention is good.

Will put them on my shortlisted ID.

Hi, has anyone worked with Edwin from U-home before? Request for comments about him or any ID that you have worked with from U-home. Would appreciate any comments or experiences (good or bad) that you have with U-home as well. Many thanks in advance.

I'm a new resale flat owner and so far still waiting for my renovation to end by U-Home Interior. They had start the renovation on 21 May and most probably will end on mind July. Had voice my displeasure on some areas of renovation to my ID Raymond and he got it redo to my instructions. So far the renovation is up to my expectation and looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I had actually went to quite a few IDs and some of them I can say is cmi. I went to a popular interior design company with wifey and was shocked to hear 1 of their ID commenting to another customer "auntie, u can't expect your fren do her renovation for $20k 5 years ago and u will be able to do the renovation for the same price 5 years later wat." I was thinking what the heck.....is this the way their ID talk to customer? If I pay for your service, the least I expect is basic courtesy. I then decided to leave with wifey without a quotation though they are highly recommended for their best price and got lots of artistes recommending the ID company.

I then went to IMM with wifey and actually ask for quotation from almost all the shops on the 3rd floor there. Some upon hearing I was just browsing around and wanna know how much it costs to overhaul my flat, they give me a kind of face when hear I only have a budget of $30k. Some tell me will e-mail me their quotation but the quotation never ever came. I then went to U-home and was attended by Raymond. He answered our questions honestly. How I know? Cos before that I had went to the other shops so can roughly guage whether the ID is just pulling a fast one. He even go to the extent of explaining his designs and drawing out a rough one for me n wifey to view on the spot. He also tell me how the other IDs could have so low cost as they left out hidden cost such as haulage etc from their quotation. After 2hours of sitting there and asking questions, I told Raymond that I still wanna consider as his quote to me is kinda high $36/- and out of my budget. I was expecting a disappointed and pissed off face as I had wasted 2hours of his time. But suprise, he tell me no problem and to take my time to choose which shop I want and get back to him if I decided to get him. He then also pass me some of the paint brochure to bring home and other renovation magazines to research on.

Wifey and I then feel quite good about his services and decided to sign up with U-home 1 week later. Though U-home is not the cheapest and also not the most expensive of ID companies, I felt that at least the ID put me at ease and could be easily contacted when I called him (I called him almost every alternate days to ask questions on renovation) =)

Can PM me the contact?

Thanks in advance

Anybody engage them before?? How d workmanship n after sale .. Can share share info ??

Me =) I engaged them as my ID.

Workmanship is fine and I feel the responsibility of the person in charge of your house plays an important part. After sale service is there ( for my case ), I remember seeking help from my ID when we found out one of the kitchen cabinet door hinge is not working well after we moved in. He got it done within a short period of time.

During the discussion period, was a tough one as my husband and me are designers so we do have our own ideas to share with the ID. My ID is patient enough to help us =)

Me =) I engaged them as my ID.

Workmanship is fine and I feel the responsibility of the person in charge of your house plays an important part. After sale service is there ( for my case ), I remember seeking help from my ID when we found out one of the kitchen cabinet door hinge is not working well after we moved in. He got it done within a short period of time.

During the discussion period, was a tough one as my husband and me are designers so we do have our own ideas to share with the ID. My ID is patient enough to help us =)

Thank thanks, it's nice to hear positive reply ;-)

Come on BM, I know johnny, he did my flat for me. horrible attitude, act like smart alec. this uhome is not very established, i regretted choosing them. price was ok maybe because work is ****. i was choosing between ***, image and them last time, but regretted. stupid uhome.

I 100% concur.Had them do a complete makeover for my newly bought resale flat.Price was a little steep but same thing had to compromise due to relatively poor overall workmanship.The design proposed was 50% impractical and just want you to do more so they can bleed your wallet more.Lots of hazard for kids with all the sharp corners.The finishing was crappy.Maybe can get better quality from Ikea and for the price you can redo all over again.Worst is the coordination,the ID makes his own arrangements and doesn't keep you in the loop causing a lot of inconvenience.

Recently,I had some warranty from cracked tiles and water leaks to my neighbours downstairs.Initially the ID didn't respond,till I gave his number to the HDB officer then he bo bian had to take action.Once the fees are fully paid,you can expect a total change of attitude from them.Especially when it comes to rework and such.Good luck to them and hope they can improve on their services amd quality else they are going to lose more jobs if words go around.

Hi guys,

I just got my key from my new flat at Punggol damai Grove, intend to engage U-home Interior Design for reno works.

Any guys encounter any good or bad with them.

Deeply appreciate any comment.

Thank you.

Wayne

My advice is to look further unless u have a good ID recommended by your friend.

I regretted not doing more research before I contracted them... but I also do realised that not much has been written about them.

I am just posting my bad experience with them so that other home owners can learn from my mistake.

We engaged them for our reno, we were left stranded with bad service & defective works & reno is still incomplete.

ID changed attitude when things go wrong, turned to become very switched off.

Initially thought we found a good reno firm cos it seems like a big firm.

Little did we know that we not only have to fight their sub-contractor's bad workmanship but also Uhome's unreasonable resolution insisting we accept defective products.

You can PM me for more details if u like.

goldie

Spoken to one of their design consultant Jenny.

Anyone one has worked with her before?

Edited by Vinsyeo

I went to U-home IMM recently, was served by Dereen. A very pleasant and friendly ID, put in quite a lot of effort to give us a quotation.

Anyone thinking of trying U-home can ask for her. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, may i know if you used her then. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance