Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZYQ

U-home Interior Design

Hi guys,

Just terminated my contract with ***** coz my ID left for U-home.Not too sure about this company.Last visit to their showroom in IMM was a bad experience.I was standing there with my floor plan in hand waiting to be served but I was totally like transparent and no one took a second look or asked if I wanted their services.My previous quote was close to 60K after deleting price for free system 3 aircon(2.2K) and cooker hob/hood(0.5K) for a EA package (27K) plus additional stuff like complete window and grills replacement and some others... price seems kinda steep at this current economical situation.I guess not many including myself are willing to part with this kind of money.Now my previous ID mentioned that the quote will stand if I switched to U-home.Plus a little extra like a 1k voucher for lightings and sure win spin gimmick with minimum $500 rebate.Seems like a better deal but unsure about their quality and finishings works.Would greatly appreciate any feedbacks or comments,cheers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just completed my reno. my ID is very very responsible. i have very very tight budget and wanted to 'maximise' and do as much as possible within my budget as mine was a 26 years old flat.

was indeed very surprised at this ID. He is unlike other ID which i met who will try cut your items to be done and do less things or rather coax you to choose the cheaper material and end up dun care if overall it makes your house look cheapo... he is very patient and willing to tell you the way to cut cost yet do not compromise with the overall feel and design of the house.

this is my 2nd home already and i can tell the huge difference as i have been to most reno firms in singapore. p/s: i will go all out to cut cost so i researched almost 6mth before i engage any contractor.

in the long and short. i am very happy and satisfied with the service which my ID provided. if you are interested in his contact, pls PM me.

i have moved in for 2months already. even when my lightbulb blow, my ID send a electrician to look at it very promptly. and he told me he warrant his services for 2 years for every home he is in charge of. basically i am very impress with this young man's committement and attitude throughout my house reno and after service.

just a brief list of items i have done.

1) tailor made and design grille for windows and main door.

2) hack entire floor and pipes and bathrooms and kitchen. overhaul of the entire house.

3) plaster all walls

4) i paint the walls and ceiling myself.

5) false ceiling whole house.

pls PM me for his contact. will be very glad to share his contacts with all of you who needs a reliable and patient ID.

Who is your ID ? Like to talk to them .....

I just completed my reno. my ID is very very responsible. i have very very tight budget and wanted to 'maximise' and do as much as possible within my budget as mine was a 26 years old flat.

was indeed very surprised at this ID. He is unlike other ID which i met who will try cut your items to be done and do less things or rather coax you to choose the cheaper material and end up dun care if overall it makes your house look cheapo... he is very patient and willing to tell you the way to cut cost yet do not compromise with the overall feel and design of the house.

this is my 2nd home already and i can tell the huge difference as i have been to most reno firms in singapore. p/s: i will go all out to cut cost so i researched almost 6mth before i engage any contractor.

in the long and short. i am very happy and satisfied with the service which my ID provided. if you are interested in his contact, pls PM me.

i have moved in for 2months already. even when my lightbulb blow, my ID send a electrician to look at it very promptly. and he told me he warrant his services for 2 years for every home he is in charge of. basically i am very impress with this young man's committement and attitude throughout my house reno and after service.

just a brief list of items i have done.

1) tailor made and design grille for windows and main door.

2) hack entire floor and pipes and bathrooms and kitchen. overhaul of the entire house.

3) plaster all walls

4) i paint the walls and ceiling myself.

5) false ceiling whole house.

pls PM me for his contact. will be very glad to share his contacts with all of you who needs a reliable and patient ID.

Hi thisoldman

I'm a newbie to this forum. Can you pm or email me the contact of your ID?

Thanks

I have visted U-Home during my search for IDs and was served by one of the Directors. I was very impressed by his presentation and almost placed them in my top list. But what pissed me off was that when I told them that I need time to consider as this is my first visit, his face and tone changed totally. I was taken aback by this sudden change of attitude. Later I went to do more IDs visits and found that the quotation given by U-Home was marked substantially high (40% higher). One word of advice to all is that Please do your research before you commit.

When it comes to home design, U-Home interior design will set you free. They are perfectly service oriented. But I do agree with "Trust7780." They are committed but not at all people oriented. Well, that might be a circumstantial consideration. :P

Anyway, you can learn plenty of interior design ideas by doing it your self. See how modern design furniture come into existence at interior design ideas.

Yup. Received quotation from them about 2-3 months ago. Quite reasonable. The guy we talk to very experience and sincere. Recommended by my friend whose house is done by him. Good aftersales service. :good:

PM me if you would like to have a copy of their quotation.

Hi I would like a copy of the quote as I am talking to one of the ID and wanna see....if you dun mind.

Our search for an ID ended with U-home in Jan 2010. We selected U-home based on the following:

1. the ID understood and documented our high level requirement

2. the quotation is acceptable (althought I believe there is a certain level of profit margin, which is understandable)

3. the ID is sincere, pro-active and customer focus

However, you really never know until you start partnering with them. As the renovation progresses, it is obvious to me that the ID is not very good with the practicability and maintainability aspect of the furnitures he designed. And at times my feedback/requirements are ignored.

Our renovation has started after CNY and I had always wanted to pen down our renovation log and will likely to start a t-blog for it. :)

We chose U-Home too and signed the contract end Jan-10.

Reno started today and fingers crossed, hopefully everything go smoothly.

So do u mind to share the update and info to us??

We chose U-Home too and signed the contract end Jan-10.

Reno started today and fingers crossed, hopefully everything go smoothly.

I did mine with U-Home too, 7 years ago. Back then it was Choon Bock and they had an office in Yishun, near the Chong Pang market. I think at that time U-home did not have HDB license so had to piggy back on Choon Bock or something like that. My designer still works there, went to see him last week to get a quotation for my new place and also to look at their massive showroom at Paya Lebar. In this fast turn around industry, if the ID is still standing & the designer is still there with them, says alot I think...

Edited by titanax

Started reno on 30 April (dismantling all the built-in cupboards) as my mil said must be before "Qing Ming". But hacking only started on 5apr as the u-home admin applied for the permit late. So far on schedule, yesterday went to U-home to finalise the colour of laminates, shelving of wardrobe etc.

Our search for an ID ended with U-home in Jan 2010. We selected U-home based on the following:

1. the ID understood and documented our high level requirement

2. the quotation is acceptable (althought I believe there is a certain level of profit margin, which is understandable)

3. the ID is sincere, pro-active and customer focus

However, you really never know until you start partnering with them. As the renovation progresses, it is obvious to me that the ID is not very good with the practicability and maintainability aspect of the furnitures he designed. And at times my feedback/requirements are ignored.

Our renovation has started after CNY and I had always wanted to pen down our renovation log and will likely to start a t-blog for it. :)

Hi mrthrifty,

Do you mind share with me who is your ID? I intend to get a quotation from them these few days.

Hi mrthrifty,

Do you mind share with me who is your ID? I intend to get a quotation from them these few days.

Which is the ID that serve you? Can PM me? Thanks in advance

uhome was one of our shortlisted IDs. they're nice enough to visit the flat which not many IDs are willing to do. once i start asking questions after i received the quote, they disappeared. quite unprofessional in my opinion... seems they're only after folks who're naive and take what they're told for granted.

back to square one.