Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone

Thank you for reading and also for the requests. I have tried to respond whenever I could. As the information is more than a year, please do remember to check the accuracy and also the updated prices. 

In anycase, just want to do a quick update.

a) Renovation is still holding up well. All the LEDs lights are still working fine (touch wood) and no major issues that i can't live with yet. 

b) Bathroom fittings have some usual rust (even those supposedly stainless steel). There is some slight discolouring of the bathroom tiles but otherwise, everything else is fine. Anyway I realise that Hafary has somewhat limited tiles compared to some other shops. If i had my way, I would choose to overlay more interesting tiles.

c) I also installed windows grills. As I had wanted a less obstructive view, I decided not to install the traditional aluminum grills. Neither did I like the so-called invisible grills. You can easily search the forum for those big companies as well as the reviews on their advantages and disadvantages. When I was doing my research about March this year, there wasn't much products to choose from. There was this guy who is doing the transparent XXXXX which is actually acrylic bars (instead of aluminum) and he very nicely came over to do some demonstration and also to take measurements for an estimated quote. The product was sturdy enough but frankly, I personally felt that some of the mechanisms are rather unrefined or still in the R&D stage.  HIs business partner was very dedicated and meticulous in taking the measurements and pricing wise, although the guy said several times that he is definitely more expensive, it was actually cheaper than the other quote I received. It also seems cheaper based on the estimates I read from the forums. (mine is standard HDB). 

The other company that I called was Pang Giap. Actually if you been researching, more than 90% of the reviews are bad but I decided to give them a call. Scheduled a time and date for them to take measurements and provide a quote (complimentary) and did not receive any confirmation or response from them until the day before. I actually thought that they had forgotten about it. The quote came up to less than 1600 (exclude window yard) which was fairly okay. They have those slim aluminum grills that seems to offer the best of both worlds. In the end, I decided to go with Pang Giap (took a big risk) but the overall experience was okay. The guys completed the job (although they were late for 1hr+) and the product is still holding up well till today. No fuss but don't expect super good customer service i.e. you know those contractor uncles kind. Interestingly, the guy from the other company when informed of my decision told me over whatsapp specifcally not to provide any review of his company nor mention them on social media as they are a new company and people do not understand their products. I find this a little odd though cos since when a business has the right to stop prospective clients from posting their personal comments and reviews online. There were also some other minor nuggets that made me decided to take the risk and go with Pang Giap instead but that's my personal opinion. Objectively, I prefer Pang Giap's products despite their super negative online presence. (picture below)

A friend of mine who recently bought a condo said that there is another option in the market called window restrictors. Seems pretty interesting but I do not know anything about it. 

IMG20160420070241.jpg

Edited by singasamurai

On 3/16/2015 at 10:06 AM, Aracna said:

Could you please Pm me the IDs list as well. in the midst of sourcing for IDs

hi

Im also working for one of the renovation contractor. If you have inquiries for renovation please free to email me your needs and i will give you certain quotations. can sms me at 94887594 or email me hamesyap1950@outlook.com.

thanks

On 8/31/2016 at 10:03 AM, Ming Fong Chua said:

Hi singasamurai,

can pm me the name contact of the ID/contractor from list A-F? Appreciate it. 

hi

Im also working for one of the renovation contractor. If you have inquiries for renovation please free to email me your needs and i will give you certain quotations. can sms me at 94887594 or email me hamesyap1950@outlook.com.

thanks

On 8/8/2016 at 4:31 PM, Soh Ling said:

Hi there,

Please share your contacts! Many thanks!

hi

thanks

Hi singasamurai,

Can I have the contractor name from A to F and Diva's Interior design, HS Lim contact number too?

Thank you.

Edited by Dave Lim

Hi Singa, I am deliberating between Diva  (HS Lim) and another Reno company. Now that you are living in the newly renovated house, what's your comment with the Diva's carpentry workmanship? Are the casement/cupboards door lined with ABS?