Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renozilla

Renozilla-Ville (Accidentally Danish)

Now that our reno seems to have started, i guess it might be nice to do up a little thread on our ground flr 2 bedroom resale apt. Our first ever home.

Why Renozilla? Cos my gf think's i'm the reno equivalent of a picky bride-zilla. Am doing the space planning and design myself so we did not engage an ID or ID firm and went straight to the contrators, shortlisted 3 of em and got 3 quotes. Also cos reviewed a few ID firms that cold called me and found that stylistically, most of them were not that great.

The difference between all three were quite significant but in the end, we went with the one that that came in the middle in terms of quotation $$$. (but was still overall slightly on the expensive side imo) We have heard really good things about him and his reliability so i guess sometimes you just can't put a $$$ value on everything. Let's just hope we made the right decision.

Here's some pictures of our soon to be gutted abode (pictures taken on viewing)

Kitchen
P1180468.jpg

P1180472.jpg

P1180507.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

PES
P1180535.jpg

The original flrplan
tanameracrest_standard.jpg

And of course, we had to let our dogs take a look at the place before all the renovation starts
11001923_10155303140210604_3732491529702

TBC...

Edited by Renozilla

So with the floorplan in my hands i got to some imaginary planning of my own

Here are some early layout ideas i had...

tanameracrest_walls.jpg

tanameracrest_edit_01.jpg

tanameracrest_edit_02.jpg

tanameracrest_edit_03.jpg

tanameracrest_edit_04.jpg

tanameracrest_edit_05.jpg

As you can see, we wanted to do up an island and tear down a couple of walls... this would prove to be a problem later on...

Edited by Renozilla

Close to finalising talks with the contractors, we added some extra details to the floorplan to get a better idea of how it will look. I wasn't really following any theme but i knew what look/feel i wanted. Concrete, woods and white walls will make up most of the styling elements and i want to keep everything clean.

tanameracrest_edit_05_texture.jpg

Some moodboard images
81nbbgj7.png

image07-xl.jpg

photo02_la.jpg

0148_Monocle_shop_151-510868639.jpg

Adding in moodboard images into the flrplan

lookbook.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

I even did up some quick 3d models using Sketchup (http://www.sketchup.com/) with additional revisions along the way.

We swapped the tv / sofa positions around after finding out most of the wind comes in on the main wall side. So a sofa there wld be most ideal.

house_00.jpg

house_02.jpg

house_03.jpg

house_06.jpg

house_08.jpg

house_11.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Now, after our contractor talked with the PE, turns out the wall between bedroom 2/living cannot be brought down. So i had to think of an alternative to the woody slatted divider (with sliding door) i had initially really really wanted. On the plus side, it saves us a lot of $$$.

So for PLAN B, instead of a nice slatted woody divider, we will be adding a false wall in front of the dividing wall to hide a sliding door and cover the false wall with a wood laminate.

wooden_wall_01.jpg

wooden_wall_02.jpg

wooden_wall_03.jpg

wooden_wall_04.jpg

Hacking work has already begun so we will be visiting the place over the weekend to take a look. TBC once again...

Furniture wise we have already bought a Blu dot grotto sofa, Treku Bel bedframe and small side table we were thinking of putting outdoors but can still work indoors if we ever changed our minds. All bought during Grafunkt's warehouse sale.

grotto-sofa-blu-dot-1.jpg

double-bed-contemporary-leather-textile-

*similar color/pattern but shorter legs*
NEONH-BIG.png

Edited by Renozilla

Latest revised layout plan taking into account wall that cannot be removed

tanameracrest_edit_06.jpg

some additional moodboard images

008-Loug_Derg.jpg

55c.jpg

c6e023bcdcf7ad501146b3caa93e8abe.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2011-09-19%2Bat%2B10.48.

Edited by Renozilla