Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renozilla

Renozilla-Ville (Accidentally Danish)

Went over today to take a look once again after an uneventful visit to Commune's warehouse sale.
Some daytime shots for comparison.

Steps still yet to be fixed (paint to be removed)
DSC02045.jpg

Patio
DSC02044.jpg

Living room
DSC02060.jpg

Living room lights & fan
DSC02064.jpg

Looking in
DSC02113.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Living space cont'd
DSC02099.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

Our study table looking out
DSC02067.jpg

Walk-in-wardrobe/common toilet
DSC02076.jpg

Common toilet, might need to rectify some bits here to improve ventilation.
DSC02073.jpg

Common toilet walnut lamp (by Tove adman) ((with a note to shift it up by 50mm))
A fancy bulb might look better but for usability and brightness, a normal energy saving bulb is much more effective.
DSC02069.jpg

Master bedroom in the daytime
DSC02079.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

And the master bedroom toilet
DSC02116.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Hi Renozilla,

May I know where n how much u bought the flowerpot lamp & walnut lamp?

Is the flowerpot lamp bright enough for the dinning area?

Middle of week 7 update:

Went over to review a list of final touchups and revisions and it looks like the major renovation is pretty much done. Maybe 90% complete? With only some simple work and cleaning up needed to be done.

Now we will need to source for roller blinds and start planning our move. All in, i think our contractor works really quick. We were told minimum of 9 weeks but it seems by end of week 7, all done.

Will be going over this weekend to set up our sofa (and maybe bedframe) and do some additional cleaning. (Contractor mentioned that first few days for 1-2 weeks after reno there we be dust settling everywhere even after a day of cleaning)

Will try to get more pictures once everything gets cleaned up and a sofa set up

Edited by Renozilla

wow, everything looking good. can you pm me ur contractor contacts? he have an electrician to liase with direct? or you got your own electrician too?

End of week 7! Not that much was done this week since most of the work has already been completed. There are still some small things here and there that need looking at but overall i think our renovation is pretty much completed.
P1190919.jpg

P1190918.jpg

P1190920.jpg

P1190926.jpg

We spent the weekend doing some big cleaning at our new place, and after much dusting, finally set up our sofa on saturday!

P1190927.jpg

P1190933.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

We also brought along our new outdoor chair and framed up artwork over on saturday

P1190975.jpg

Here's a look at the rest of the house after some cleaning up. Here's the study, not that much to see cos there's not that much inside.

P1190940.jpg

Looking towards the WIW and common toilet from the study (pls excuse the vacuum cleaner):

P1190942.jpg

Common toilet once again, no change.

P1190946.jpg

MBR, still abit messy with the unassembled bedframe...

P1190951.jpg

MBR wardrobe

P1190952.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

After much cleaning on satuday, we made use of the shower for the very first time :P

P1190958.jpg

Window bay in MBR
P1190954.jpg

Cleaning house is tiring work!

P1190967.jpg

P1190962.jpg

She seems to like the chair :)

P1190969.jpg

Saturday went by really quickly with all the cleaning and on Sunday we went over again for cleaning part 2! We also brought along a new table. Doggies stayed home today.

Blu Dot Grotto sofa from Grafunkt, Neon table from GFNKT by Grafunkt, Sixties armchair from Fermob.

P1190984.jpg

How the sofa and chair looks

P1190987.jpg

With lots of cleaning to do, i didn't take much pics today.

P1190944.jpg

We tried to put the bedframe together but didn't have the right tools today. Fail. :(

P1190981.jpg

Cleaning (and steam mopping) all done, we let the air cleaner do its thing for the next couple of hours and called it a day. Week 8 should be easier i hope. Fridge, blinds and internets (and cooker hob) coming soon!

P1190988.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Fridge and internets went in yesterday. Might need to shift the fridge a bit more to the middle. (+ even after running the air cleaner for 4 hours after our initial washing up, there was still dust today... looks like more mopping up is in order this coming weekend)

IMG-20150420-WA0005.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Nice place you've got there! I like the simplicity of it

Thanks! Still getting there... and hopefully we can keep it clutter free after moving in too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at end of week 8, not that much has changed since the bulk of the work has been done.

Hitachi fridge arrived on time but the same cannot be said of the Electrolux cooking hob. Both were bought at Harvey Norman.

The "Out of stock" Electrolux hob was promised to us on the day we bought to have new stocks come in on the end of march / early april. Fast forward to early april and a call to Harvey Normal was met with confusion and in the end they told us stocks will only arrive end of April / early May with a promise of delivery and installation to make up for the delay.

Ends up when stock arrived, we arranged for a delivery last friday. Delivery time was supposed to be between 2-6pm. Ends up it only arrived at 730pm and there was only a deliveryman, no one to help with the installation! Electrolux customer service told me there would be installation when i called them between 5-6pm to question them on their late status delivery. And all they could say for the lateness was that they "don't know what's going on with the driver"

A call to Harvey Normal then revealed that delivery and installation was to be on different days and they failed to inform us earlier and we have to arrange for ANOTHER day for installation.

So that's our one and last experience with Electrolux. Never again. Customer service = 0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, on Saturday, we went over for more cleaning and we finally put together our bedframe after much fiddling about. We will be moving our current mattress over.

DSC_0019_1.jpg

DSC_0015_1.jpg

DSC_0017_1.jpg

Wanted to test the wooden plank's strength so we brought over our old TV.

Also wanted to test the streaming speed but forgot to bring a remote for the tv box. Ooops.

DSC_0016_1.jpg

Sunday we went to look at TV consoles (Danish Design Co.) but the price was erm.... optimistic... It's a very beautiful piece though. I'm of the opinion of not buying anything and keeping the area bare until we save up enough to buy what we really like.. But still keeping our options open, maybe a custom by second charm instead.

DSC_0011_1.jpg

We also popped by our new place to do more light cleaning and drop off some items. After many years of keeping this wrapped up, i finally got to take it out.

IMG_20150426_180044.jpg

Now into week 9, there are still some small bits here and there we want our contractor to patch up and i guess after that will be time for handing over. So far i think we've been pretty blessed to have everything go rather smoothly. (Except for the Electrolux bit)

Edited by Renozilla