Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eyeletskirt

The Love For Shoes & Swords In Our Crib @ Anchorvale

Was initially worried about not having enough space to store all my accessories. And so far so good, the drawers were sufficient to serve its purpose (for now).

IMG_0892_zps6nlkslot.jpg

IMG_0901_zpsuedxacp0.jpg

IMG_0896_zpshbycxudp.jpg

IMG_0894_zps2na7smej.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My clothes were on the left while his is on the right. Reason was due to safety reasons coz with his height, the chandelier lights were somehow still slightly low for him :(

IMG_0760_zpsyfu052jl.jpg

IMG_1374_zps7dax2erc.jpg

Despite some inevitable slight hiccups along the way, our ID made sure that he delivered what was promised from the start and rectified any items that we pointed out. Communications were done via phone calls, what-aps group chats and discussions at his office. We were pretty pleased with the end results at the end.

I've been reading Renotalk to pick up some tips since we started from scratch and it's been really helpful.

Thus, we thought it's time to share about our virgin renovation process and hopefully it helps! :)

Edited by eyeletskirt

infinity2015: hello! we just left it to the jalan besar shop that we brought it from to install for us. not sure how they did it coz i left it entirely to them. they asked if we wanted to shift the point as it wasn't in the centre (abit towards the right). we agreed to top up so it will look nicer with the fan being in the centre of the living area :)

Wonderful ideas and design. Seems your unit is top floor, may I know if ceiling is any higher, can know what is the height ?

Also, all your rooms will use air con, no fans? dining use only air-con or the living room haiku fan can reach your dining area? many thanks.

Edited by infinity2015

@infinity2015: Thank you! Ours is the second highest level, almost wanted to pick the highest level but my parents advised not to. Haha. Our living area is using fan while the rooms are using standing fans. But most of the time we just on the air-con in our MBR since we are home only at night. For the living area, we rarely use the air-con unless there's big groups. Our living area is pretty windy and when switched on at speed 4-5, it can reach the dining area :)

Service Yard

Most items were supplied by HDB so we just had to add our own barangs and window grilles.

IMG_3982_zpsttormnrn.jpg
IMG_0212_zpstum5n4xk.jpg
Walk-way

For our walk-way leading to the rooms, we had the brickwall connecting to our bomb shelter for a form of continuity, As for the bomb shelter, it was concealed using laminates (same one as the tv area) with a tic-tac door.

The door frames for the rooms were painted in black to complement the white doors that our IDs have selected as we didn't opt for HDB doors. Jazzed the area with some our favourite quotes, picture frames and lightings and that's it!

IMG_8397_zps1qstvasd.jpg

IMG_0695_zpsjvpm0qhc.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsea1xuwyc.jpg

Hi there, nice renovation you got there. I have gotten the same Umbra quote like yours, was wondering how you nailed it to the wall? Is your wall a brick/wall?

Guest Sharon Kang
HI,

May i know the shop name and address that you purchased your haiku fan?

Thanks!

Guest Sharon Kang
HI,

May i know the shop name and address that you purchased your haiku fan?

Thanks!

I saw u have changed your toilet bowl in the master bathroom. May I know the brand/model/price and where u got it?

Edited by ckwhon

May I just say your house looks beautiful and cozy. Very original in your design and your ID offered good advice to enlarge the master bedroom space. I have seen the size of some of the master bedrooms of new 5-room flats and they are just pathetic. Enjoy your lovely nest!

Sharon: will check with my hubby tonight and get back to you! :)

Eventide: and it's really cheap as well. just hoping it can last me for a few years before sourcing for a replacement one! :)

watzup: thank you for your kind words! we referred to mags and pinterest but ended up doing what that suit both our lifestyle. nowadays MBR in flats are really small and there's barely any space to walk after a bed and small wardrobe. miss those old flats with really big rooms! :(

chwhon: yup we changed both our toilet bowls. found the hdb ones to be slightly too small for our comfort. bought it at universal union! recalled it to be $200-300. OTTO 7030.