Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wmayeo

A Scandinavian Attempt

PD Doors Installation

After the carpentry was completed, our bathroom doors are installed by this local company PD Door.

Picture showing PD door for Master Bathroom. Our Common Bathroom installed the same door.

19554394446_145a1253a1_b.jpg

A nicer photo after peeling away the plastic sheet. :thumbs up:

18958004714_c2f35f89da_b.jpg

I think anyone who installed PD Doors need to be carefully handling them during opening and closing. No improper rough handling.

When the swing portion is fully engaged to the door frame, then it is able to slide and close the door. Do take note there is a click sound when engaged.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi wmayeo

May to post a pic & explain what is this item "Install acrylic panels at both bathrooms boxup"?

Also, where is your additional power socket for the induction cooker hidden? Any photo to share?

Thanks.

Edited by Donno

Hi wmayeo

May to post a pic & explain what is this item "Install acrylic panels at both bathrooms boxup"?

Also, where is your additional power socket for the induction cooker hidden? Any photo to share?

Thanks.

hi Donno,

I don't have good pictures of that. Let me reply you once I have taken some photos of both items. :)

We installed these acrylic panels at both bathrooms boxup, prevent crawlies from coming in and out visiting us. :fire:

19600499592_5901823105_b.jpg

For the induction hob, there is no secret how we hide the electrical connection... :idea:

This is how it looks like underneath the induction hob cabinet:

19420858039_69d31a5476_b.jpg

Hope the above photo is clear enough to tell the story. :P

Left hand one is for induction hob, right hand side is for other electrical appliance.

18986508083_35e58f44e1_b.jpg

Below photo is to show the wire connection to the induction hob. To use the induction hob, just need to turn two switches.

The electrician did this for us more like a safety feature to alert us when the induction hob is turn on.

19611814951_d94fa76651_b.jpg

Hi Wmayeo,

That's a cosy and lovely home you got! The workmanship looks good on photos.

You mentioned that your quote include the installation of doors for one bathroom and kitchen. Could you advise if it included the price of the doors as well?

Could you also PM me the contacts pls?

Thanks.

Edited by Standbymel

Hi Wmayeo,

That's a cosy and lovely home you got! The workmanship looks good on photos.

You mentioned that your quote include the installation of doors for one bathroom and kitchen. Could you advise if it included the price of the doors as well?

Could you also PM me the contacts pls?

Thanks.

Thank you for your kind comments.

The quote include the two PD doors for both bathrooms. Each PD door price varies. I think it cost abt $400+ per for the door we chose.

Kitchen door didn't do, so took out the cost.

I'll pm you my contractor contacts.

Hi wmayeo,

Thank you for keeping your blog updated so regularly, really help me and wife know more about things to watch out during reno.

I'm interested to engage your contractor! If you don't mind can pm me their contacts please?

Hi wmayeo,

Thank you for keeping your blog updated so regularly, really help me and wife know more about things to watch out during reno.

I'm interested to engage your contractor! If you don't mind can pm me their contacts please?

PM sent! :good:

3D Drawings

You all must be wondering, no 3D drawings right?? :bleah:

We had received the 3D drawings some time back. But there were a lot of mistakes on them. >> This is due to the sloppy work by the outsourced 3D person. 8|

The 3D person did correct two drawings, except the shoe cabinet.

Example, see the shoe cabinet door on the left should not have a vertical line down...

19125303144_8f82a9918e_c.jpg

Mr E has assured us that they no longer cooperate with this person because there were too many errors.

Even so without the corrected 3D drawings, our renovation went quite smoothly.

All thanks to Mr J and Mr E have communicated with us clearly what are the items they are doing for us. :yamseng:

MBR Wardrobe

19559848710_8ff5662c22_c.jpg

Kitchen

19559848610_f2b4979fab_c.jpg

IKEA Purchases

I don't remember how many times we went back & fro to IKEA. :lol:

During our renovation progress, we went to IKEA and shop officially for 5 times to get these items.

We manage to self assemble with the help from my fiancee's Dad on the Askvoll wardrobes, Silveran high cabinet and Galant drawer unit. :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003:

19572503960_186ebebd4f_b.jpg

The flat boxes of some furniture are especially heavy. If we could turn back the times, I will not transport them back on our own. :bangwall:

Hello

can you PM me your contractor contact? thanks!!

I have just send you a pm.

thanks for dropping by.