Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Polishing Old Marble Flooring From Previous Owner, Please Advise

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My friend had want to polish the marble in his living room too some years back but bedroom floors was timber strips. His contractor (whom is his cousin) discourage it as polishing uses a lot of water and will seep into the bedroom floor and damage the timber strips.

My friend had want to polish the marble in his living room too some years back but bedroom floors was timber strips. His contractor (whom is his cousin) discourage it as polishing uses a lot of water and will seep into the bedroom floor and damage the timber strips.

the bedrooms does have parquet strips but i intend to remove them and tile the flooring in the bedrooms

It will depend on how much marble is left (i.e. if the previous owner has polished down before). There may not be enough to polish. Also have to consider the condition (deep scratches will still remain).

Hi, I try Strenovation before . there did a good job for my parquet and marble polishing and there quote me the lowest price that I found.so I m happy with their service. If I m not wrong soonflooring@gmail.com is the email address and 93736661 is the contact.

Edited by jsc

On 16/04/2015 at 5:36 PM, Relacker said:

the bedrooms does have parquet strips but i intend to remove them and tile the flooring in the bedrooms

Why? Parquet seems to be a very nice feature of any home

• Like 1

Yes,  I have contact of a good polisher, you can call / whatsapp / Sms Mr See 98984533 .

Reasonable price $1 - $1.20 per sq ft he charge me.

Visit his facebook page: Hong Zhan Marble Polish & Parquet Varnish

On 30/12/2016 at 6:11 AM, Plymouth said:

What do you mean? i don't get you

I think what he seems that when you keep on polishing, the polishable area on the tile gets thinner and thinner

• Like 4

On 5/8/2017 at 3:44 PM, Arfan said:

polishable area on the tile

When you say polishable area of the tile you are talking about the the enamel of tile right?

On 2/3/2017 at 8:19 AM, Sullivan said:

Parquet is always the nicest, but the most difficult to maintain

They also have those tiles that have the same design such as parquet, that actually might be easier to maintain but then again its no parquet though