Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

Initially thought maybe I can save even more if i purchase from Taobao when we first saw the price of Philips downlight during our first visit to Tampoi Lighting to recce for fans and lights. But too bad I could not find any seller on Taobao selling the same model Philips 67053 Downlights. So i went on to search for similar 4 inch square philips downlight but the result was not promising. The price was about the same as what Singapore is selling

So i gave up hope on buying Philips Downlight from Taobao and proceed to purchase Philips Downlight from Tampoi Lighting during our 2nd trip there.

Bought my downlight locally, price is below $20 each. Of course not Philips though but so far working fine, no issue at all.

Comes with 1 year warranty or is it 3 years, cant remember exactly. :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This following are the description of another purchase for the home across the causeway on 16th Jan 2015 @

Tampoi Lighting Centre Sdn Bhd

No. 2, 4 & 6 Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai)

81200 Johor Bahru. Johor, Malaysia

Tel: 607-2418999 (HL), 2418990 / 2418963

The purchase from Tampoi is 25 pcs of Philips 67053 downlight @ RM65 each ~ S$24.25 (Rate 2.68 on 16th Jan 2015). Total is RM1625 ~ S$ 606.34 (Rate 2.68 on 16th Jan 2015)

2crsh0k.jpg

We made the decision purchase philips downlight from Malaysia because the selling price for the same model in Singapore is really too expensive (~S$45)

nvdxf8.jpg

zv7ubp.png

Even the price during last year Nov Philips Carnival is not attractive enough (Same price @ S$45)

67tc08.jpg

Initially thought maybe I can save even more if i purchase from Taobao when we first saw the price of Philips downlight during our first visit to Tampoi Lighting to recce for fans and lights. But too bad I could not find any seller on Taobao selling the same model Philips 67053 Downlights. So i went on to search for similar 4 inch square philips downlight but the result was not promising. The price was about the same as what Singapore is selling

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.21.qqLd9O&id=41322472363&skuId=65084889416&areaId=440100&cat_id=2&rn=092a794979419ae9a76f40e5c1136629&user_id=1058664264&is_b=1 (RMB249 ~S$53 Rate 4.68)

So i gave up hope on buying Philips Downlight from Taobao and proceed to purchase Philips Downlight from Tampoi Lighting during our 2nd trip there.

From your diagram your tap seems to have the G3/8 inlet. I have read somewhere that this is not the size for Singapore 1/2 outlet? U have any problem fixing the tap?

Sorry, but i have yet to fix up the kitchen mixer, so i cannot advice whether there will be any problem fixing up the tap.

But i think it should be able to fit? coz Grohe Singapore is selling the same Kitchen mixer as what i brought (Eurodisc Cosmopolitan ref 31122002)

http://www.grohe.com/sg/9163/kitchen/kitchen-faucets/eurodisc-cosmopolitan/product-details/?product=31122-G288&color=002&material=31122002

Plus the dimensional drawing shown on Grohe Singapore website show exactly the same G3/8 inlet

Z31122002.jpg

So i assume Grohe Singapore wouldn't be selling a Kitchen Mixer where the size of the inlet is not suitable for Singapore? So maybe the illustration is incorrect? or Grohe Singapore really did make a mistake and sold something which is not suitable to be installed in Singapore.

**Crossing my finger that it is an error with the illustration and not incorrect size as i made the purchase after ensuring the model (31122002) which i brought is exactly the same as what Singapore is selling**

I can only advise the verdict after the installation of the Kitchen Mixer by the plumber.

P.S. i went to see another Kitchen Mixer model on Grohe Singapore website (Minta 32917000) (http://www.grohe.com/sg/9331/kitchen/kitchen-faucets/minta/product-details/?product=32917-G082&color=000&material=32917000) and the dimensional drawing is showing the same thing G3/8

As there is a query on the Grohe Kitchen Mixer, I feel by posting here, it will benefit more people. So here goes.

flgjd0.jpg

jqt0yx.jpg

2ivcn0g.jpg

From what i understand from the manual, there might not be any need to have additional fittings and/or accessories to facilitate the installation (But i might be wrong as i am not a certified plumber and i can only 100% say that there is no need for additional fittings and/or accessories after my plumber has installed for me).

From your diagram your tap seems to have the G3/8 inlet. I have read somewhere that this is not the size for Singapore 1/2 outlet? U have any problem fixing the tap?

Since we are on the topic of Flooring, shall continue with a short write up regarding the purchase of flooring.

Since we had decided to go with the theme of Scandinavian, we thought maybe it is a good idea to overlay the living room and "dry kitchen" (since the "dry kitchen" can be considered part of the living room after the hacking of the wall and the partition of "dry" and "wet" kitchen using a glass door)

So we went ahead to ask our ID to quote us the overlay of vinyl flooring for living room and dry kitchen but was totally taken back from the price provided. Thus we decided to source on our own.

Email was initally send out to

1) Bilrich for Alsapan Flooring on 13th Feb (Quotation w/o skirting provided on 14 Feb 2015 for 476 FT2 is $2760.80 before GST which works out to be $5.80 per FT2)

2) Evorich for HERF on 15th Feb

But before I can send to other companies for enquiry of quotes, I paid a deposit for HERF with Evorich on 17th Feb 2015 as Kenneth from Evorich checked with his boss and they are able extent the offer of the bulk purchase price which had already closed for BTO flats along Punggol Waterway. However, the only clause is that I got to make a pay a deposit before Chinese New year (19th Feb) and since I was only informed on the 16th Feb for the extension, I had to act quick as the price offered was quite attractive in my point of view.

So, I asked my boss permission for a "long lunch" on 17th Feb to go down to Evorich Flooring & Decking Gallery @ Woodlands (21 Woodland Close, Primz Bizhub #01-28 Singapore 737854) to put down a deposit and get some samples.

2z9l8xy.jpg

So the quote provided by Evorich for the HERF (w/o Skirting) on 17th Feb 2015 for 1184 FT2 is $7044.80 before GST which works out to be $5.95 per FT2.

The reason for the invoice to note down the area as 1184 FT2 instead of ~476 FT2 is because if I later decided to overlay the whole house instead of just the living room and "dry kitchen"with vinyl, I will still be entitled the price of $5.95 per FT2 compared to if the invoice only note down the area as ~476 FT2 (for living room and "dry kitchen") and when i later decided that i also want to overall the kitchen or bedroom, i will need to pay a higher price per FT2 (e.g. $7.50)

Even though the flooring of my bedrooms will be parquet, i decided to go with the option of listing down on the invoice the entire house area in case Missy decided that she wants to overlay the bedrooms as well together with the living room and "dry kitchen".

Hopefully the choice of flooring colour (Evorich Markham Oak Medium) recommended by my ID can part a part to help even though i don't have a big wall to play with :D

1z4bcb9.jpg

I must say this is a nice color! BTW, how much is the PSF?

How big is the wall? Also any fixed carpentry work in the living room?

If yes, the laminates choosed also play a part. Generally, many color are nice when standalone, however when combine, may be a different story.

Glad it helps with your decision making Do note that need a pretty big wall to have the "wow" factor.

If too small will not be that pleasant. Also the color of flooring and ceiling will play a part as well.

Huh. in that case I might not have the "wow" factor coz i don't really have a big wall for the craft bricks. Haizzz.. :wacko:

I see from your Reno Blog (Pg 7) that the colour of your living room Krono Orginial flooring is as shown below and it totally got the "wow" factor when matched with the craft bricks. Great choice :good:

IMG-20140410-WA0059.jpg

Hopefully the choice of flooring colour (Evorich Markham Oak Medium) recommended by my ID can part a part to help even though i don't have a big wall to play with :D

1z4bcb9.jpg

Wow, your place looks so beautiful with the brick walls.

The photos convinced me that we didn't make the wrong choice to purchase the craft bricks. Hope after the renovation of our house, the craft bricks will give us the "look and feel" similar to the photos which you shared.

That's great news, coz initially we are still worried about the housekeeping of the brick walls but seems like our worries are for nothing after reading your feedbacks. :yeah:

Glad it helps with your decision making Do note that need a pretty big wall to have the "wow" factor.

If too small will not be that pleasant. Also the color of flooring and ceiling will play a part as well.

Can share the link for the TB brick purchase? I started looking around as my house is only arriving next year.

Hi Ramondocsw,

From what i understand, OceanEleven got his brick purchase across the causeway from Craftstone International Sdn Bhd and not from TB.

OceanEleven, please correct me if i am wrong.

Yup, craftstones are from JB. I had blog about it in my reno blog.

Can share the link for the TB brick purchase? I started looking around as my house is only arriving next year.

Hi Ramondocsw,

From what i understand, OceanEleven got his brick purchase across the causeway from Craftstone International Sdn Bhd and not from TB.

OceanEleven, please correct me if i am wrong.

OK here goes. One of the brick wall at my place.

Like some, I was sceptical about maintenance but after months of living in, all is fine.

No signs of excessive dust collection, no extra work of cleaning, not even vacuum or whatsoever.

Wow, your place looks so beautiful with the brick walls.

The photos convinced me that we didn't make the wrong choice to purchase the craft bricks. Hope after the renovation of our house, the craft bricks will give us the "look and feel" similar to the photos which you shared.

That's great news, coz initially we are still worried about the housekeeping of the brick walls but seems like our worries are for nothing after reading your feedbacks. :yeah:

Like some, I was sceptical about maintenance but after months of living in, all is fine.

No signs of excessive dust collection, no extra work of cleaning, not even vacuum or whatsoever.

20150615_212843.jpg

20150615_212940.jpg

20150615_212843.jpg

20150615_212940.jpg

2 trips is a feasible idea. Just make sure 2 trips is all you need. I remember 1 box covers 1m2.

If Duomaxwell dont mind, wanna post my brick wall here. :sport-smiley-004:

For lightings, also can consider Taobao, I got mine mainly from TB except for downlights.

Saving from TB is by the hundreds. Yes hundreds! The same light you find in Sing, TB maybe selling at 30% of local price. :fire:

Haha. Sure OceanEleven. You are most welcome to post your brick wall here. :)

Yes, OceanEleven is right, Taobao is a "heaven" for shopping for Lightings in terms of cost savings and design.

Next purchase for the house (Kitchen in specific) will be from Grohe again, but this time round, we brought it from Insani24.de instead of locally as the price difference is too huge.

Locally Interior Affairs is selling the Grohe Eurodisc Cosmopolitan Kitchen Mixer @ $488 after 25% discount (usual is $649). But Insani24.de is selling it at €138.66 (~S$206.60) [Rate 1.49 on 29 Mar 2015] http://www.insani24.de/Grohe-Eurodisc-Cosmopolitan-Einhand-Spueltisch-Armatur-herausziehbar-hoher-Auslauf-chrom_1?lang=eng. So i can save $488-$206.60 = $281.40.

Plus, insani24.de is selling Grohe Soap Dispenser at €37.82 (~S$56.35) [Rate 1.49 on 29 Mar 2015] http://www.insani24.de/Grohe-Spuelmittelspender-Cosmopolitan-04l-chrom_1?lang=eng (We couldn't find any place selling Grohe soap dispenser locally, so no means to compare the prices but we believe it is a steal at this price)

All in all, the Grohe Eurodisc Cosmopolitan Kitchen Mixer + Grohe Soap Dispenser + Parcel Service (€45) + Paypal fee (5%) (€8.82) = €230.29 (~S$343.13) [Rate 1.49 on 29 Mar 2015].

We did not source from Amazon as we understand that the size of the piping is different for Grohe products sold in US and SG/Europe. On top of this, the price offered by insani24.de is more attractive than what we saw on Amazon.

As there is a query on the Grohe Kitchen Mixer, I feel by posting here, it will benefit more people. So here goes.

flgjd0.jpg

jqt0yx.jpg

2ivcn0g.jpg

From what i understand from the manual, there might not be any need to have additional fittings and/or accessories to facilitate the installation (But i might be wrong as i am not a certified plumber and i can only 100% say that there is no need for additional fittings and/or accessories after my plumber has installed for me).