Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

Day 22 (18th Jan) - Kitchen Glass Sliding Door Installation

ID managed to rush the contractor to install the Kitchen Glass sliding door before this coming friday's overlay of HERF flooring so that the HERF contractor will know where to end the HERF flooring for the dry kitchen.

2vcyzqg.jpg2zf3evn.jpg

a9s9s3.jpg

False Ceiling Contractor will be coming tomorrow to "seal" off this top rear portion in preparation for the installation of kitchen cabinet before CNY

34fijae.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 20 (16th Jan) - Service Yard Window Installation

We did not managed to source for any manufacturer of service yard window. The only quote we had was from U-Gate when we were walking at one of the house renovation exhibition at expo.

U-Gate price was $580 for power coated and $520 for non-power coated 3 piece sliding windows

2zyzy88.jpg

We asked our ID for recommendation and he recommended Central Aluminium and ask me to liaise directly from them. initial quote by them was $650 :jawdrop: . Told my ID about it and ID managed to fight to for Central Aluminium to offer the same price as U-Gate at $580. :yeah: Decided to get from Central Aluminium as ID mention that they are one of the largest window manufacturer in Singapore.

2yxp6yf.jpg

Window installation was arranged on the 16th Jan after they send somebody to do on site measurement on the 6th Jan.

Windows all closed

28im5vk.jpg

Windows all open to one side

311qbfa.jpg

20b08sj.jpg

Quality looks better than the sample for U-Gate which we saw at Expo.

Day 19 (15th Jan 2016) (Plumbing)

Hot water from gas heater to kitchen sink

rjhbly.jpg

2wcjzma.jpg

Cold water input to gas heater and hot water output from gas heater

pq1dv.jpg2wrln69.jpg

Cold water input to gas heater is tapped from the common toilet sink. Hot water from gas heater is connected to the hot water pipe for common toilet sink

2yzen0n.jpg

Day 18 (14th Jan 2016) (Painting Day #4)

Painter has completed the first layer of paint for the whole house. Painter will only come back after all the carpentry works is up.

Master Bedroom

33kx1g4.jpg

Bedroom 2

am341x.jpg

Bedroom 3

2enqis9.jpg

Bedroom 4

ndmmtj.jpg

Bomb Shelter

zkkhep.jpg

Pardon the mess

Accumulated 3 days of progress into 2 posts as we were busy for the past few days since Monday.

Got to rush thru work to ensure that we can knock off on time to meet ID and carpenter after work to finalise the 2D so that carpenter can start work with the intention to get the kitchen cabinet and toilet vanity up before 28th Jan 2016 for the measurement of kompacplus top as the last order for kompacplus before CNY is 28th Jan 2016.

As a result, we met up with ID and carpenter on the following date and time:

1) 11th Jan 2016 (Monday) 7pm to 10pm

2) 12th Jan 2016 (Tuesday) 6.30pm to 10.30pm

3) 13th Jan 2016 (Wednesday) 6.30pm to 11pm

We were so exhausted and tired after 3 days of "marathon" meeting to discuss the 2D drawing. But the carpenter is worse off, he got to return back to JB after our meeting ends. :jawdrop:

Below is the progress of painting for the past few days

Day 16 (12th Jan 2016) (Painting Day #2)

Painter is started off with Master Bedroom and Bedroom 4 after applying sealant yesterday

Master Bedroom

f2jw9c.jpg

Bedroom 4

xf6khd.jpg

Skirting

Skirting contractor was here today and completed the installation of skirting for Bedroom 4 and the rest of the house.

As Bedroom 4 is a built up room, there isn't any skirting for this room, so for consistency, we requested our ID to get something to install skirting for bedroom 4.

Bedroom 4

2gt10xy.jpg

2irx9fs.jpg

Day 17 (13th Jan 2016) (Painting Day #3)

Painter started work on Living Room, Bedroom 2, 3 & Service Yard

Bedroom 3

2uzz2tv.jpg

Bedroom 2

29kx1xc.jpg

Service Yard

2nstevs.jpg30vn6mx.jpg

ID recommend this colour and wifey like it so much

Hi Lazyfatcat, thanks for dropping. I'm sorry to hear that. guess the ID really "stepped" onto you big time. But at least he willing to redo the cabinets. :rolleyes:

Day 15 (11th Jan 2016) (Painting)

Painter brought all the materials to prepare for the painting of the whole house.

90redi.jpg

Realised that not all the paint cans are Odour Less Easy Wash (some are Vinilex 500, some are just easy wash or Odour-less, ID immediately called the painter and requested him to change. "thumbs up to the ID"

Wrong Paint type

211oqxd.jpg

Correct Paint Type

2ia660x.jpg

I count ourselves lucky that we fixed an appointment with the glass contractor to discuss on the approach for the master bedroom toilet (whether to install a sliding glass door or a normal glass door for shower area) today before the painter starts work, if not the painter would have started painting with the wrong paint type.

Painting will continue tomorrow (12th Jan) and on Wednesday (13th Jan).

Edited by duomaxwell

Colourful and detailed plan! Im demoting my ID to a contractor...lol

Hi Cokiee, will try my best to upload photos along the way during renovation :D

No contractor is working on our house on Sat (9th Jan 2016) or Sun (10th Jan 2016). Except for some touch up by tiler on the kitchen cement base and shower curb on the 9th Jan 2016 after i complained to ID on the workmanship :bleah:

Tomorrow (11th Jan 2015), the painter will be coming to paint our house with the following painting scheme.

28inlt5.png

Hi Cokiee, will try my best to upload photos along the way during renovation :D

No contractor is working on our house on Sat (9th Jan 2016) or Sun (10th Jan 2016). Except for some touch up by tiler on the kitchen cement base and shower curb on the 9th Jan 2016 after i complained to ID on the workmanship :bleah:

Tomorrow (11th Jan 2015), the painter will be coming to paint our house with the following painting scheme.

28inlt5.png

Edited by duomaxwell

Turning out to be a handsome house! Looking forward to seeing more pics. Also never knew that the aircon pipes went through the toilet like that. Thanks for sharing!

The foam insulation is really new to me, I didn't know that's how partition walls are constructed.

By the way, which dishwasher will you be getting? I'm also buying one for my new place. Looks like we have some stuff in common :D

Haha, partition walls can also be built without the foam insulation.

The foam insulation was a very last minute decision by wifey so that there can be some foam of sound insulation to prevent waking up the person sleeping in this additional room. It cost us about $350 for the supply & installation of the medium grade foam insulation.

We already paid a deposit for Bosch Dishwasher (SMI65N05EU) on the 16 May 2015, but when we dropped by on the 3rd Jan 2016 to pay the remaining balance and arrange for delivery, we were being informed that this model (SMI65N05EU) is already being replaced by a newer model (SMI68N25EU).

Initially wifey was not willing to change to the new model as Courts could not offer the new model at the same price as the old model (S$1620 after discount of $479, usual price is $2099). The lowest price Court could offer us for the new model is $1799 (after discount of $200, usual price is $1999)

After the sales mention that this new model allows you to wash more items as it has a tray dedicated for the washing of utensils instead of the previous model which require a basket. So we just bite the bullet and top up the differences.

k50751.jpg28hpnwx.jpg

The foam insulation is really new to me, I didn't know that's how partition walls are constructed.

By the way, which dishwasher will you be getting? I'm also buying one for my new place. Looks like we have some stuff in common :D

Day 12 (8th Jan 2016) (False Ceiling)

Finally the False Ceiling Contractor can finish their work after the laying of air-con piping is completed.

First they filled up the gap in-between the partition wall with this foam insulation.

245lsa0.jpgdvorh5.jpg

a10bqu.jpg

After the filling up of foam insulation, they proceed to fix the other side of the partition wall

2nc14ch.jpg2nv71w4.jpg

L-Box for Living Room air-con area is sealed up

2872k2w.jpg

Box up air-con trucking for Bedroom 3 & 2

2lcqz9g.jpg

34gmut3.jpg

Wooden support behind to support the mounting of air-con

25oxy8j.jpg

L-Box for Master Bedroom air-con area is sealed up

x0wkzt.jpg

Day 11 (7th Jan 2016) (Tiler Rework)

ID forgot to inform the tiler not to construct the kitchen base for the dishwasher area. So he called the tiler to come down to cut a "opening" on the kitchen base for the dishwasher

301fzmp.jpg

The tiler also touched up on some other areas which i feedback to the ID.

Edited by duomaxwell

Day 10 (6th Jan 2016) (Air-Con) (Part 2)

The "Finished" Product

Living Room

2rpqm45.jpg

Bedroom 4

21o90ky.jpg

Bedroom 3

2jbtgrm.jpg

Bedroom 2

2w5ouc2.jpg

Master Bedroom

27xqtys.jpg

Walkway

2hnm0wm.jpg

Master Toilet

x6gz6v.jpg

Air-Con Ledge

sl6wzq.jpg

A team of 3 Air-Con contractor came today and he managed to completed everything before 6pm when they only started work at 11am. As such, they will not need to activate tomorrow (7th Jan) as initially, air-con piping installation was scheduled for 2 days

Got a surprise visit by one executive from Gain CIty's Compliance team at around 2pm to do spot checks on the workers and also to gather feedback from homeowners like me. :good:

Edited by duomaxwell

Day 10 (6th Jan 2016) (Air-Con) (Part 1)

Following are photos of all the material used

Copper pipes Armaflex Insulations

so7osy.jpg312fswn.jpg

Wire Cables Water Pipes

evc3fr.jpg2e5nk9l.jpg

After much discussion with the ID and the Air-Con contractor, we decide on the following routes for the piping (P.S. Hi teegz, hope this answer your queries :lol:. Be patient, your time to collect keys will come soon )

We will be positioning the air-cons in Bedroom 2, 3 & 4 above the door frame. Air-con in the living room will be on top of the sofa. Air-con in the Master bedroom will be above the TV.

w2n404.jpg

Inserting the copper pipes into the insulation

9tl3kz.jpg

Hole drilled thru the wall in Bedroom 2

2enq4ib.jpg

Hole drilled along the walkway for the running of pipes from all the bedroom and living room to master toilet

11vlli9.jpg1zpo8ee.jpg

Piping in the partition wall in bedroom 4 is exposed but will be concealed after the partition is filled up with insulation form and partition wall. Air-Con contractor proposed not to have any trucking due to 2 reasons:

1) the trucking is thick, thus might have difficulty sealing up the partition wall

2) the screws to secure the trucking is very long, will penetrate the thin partition wall

1hb88y.jpg

Pipings coming from all the bedrooms and living room into Master Toilet

19azoy.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell