Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

5 hours ago, koxxic said:

can i check how was the LED strip works calculated for your cabinets etc?
was it part of the electrical work cost?

can i also check the brand and model of the fan you use for your living room? thanks

Hi koxxic,

You are right, the works for the LED strip is part of the electrical work cost. ;)

The brand is Aeratron and the model is AE3.

timber-light_e503_onwhite_LR-154x131_c.j

http://aeratron.com/ourrange/

P.S. its a few hundred dollars cheaper if you are able to buy the fan from Malaysia (e.g. S$819 compared to RM1588)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

can i check how was the LED strip works calculated for your cabinets etc?
was it part of the electrical work cost?

can i also check the brand and model of the fan you use for your living room? thanks

Edited by koxxic

On 18 April 2016 at 7:31 PM, bykaraanne said:

Love the dedicated closet space for the missus' luxury bags. Hehehe. I have something similar but from IKEA :P 

congrats on moving in! Looking great!

Thanks Thanks. :)

Love the dedicated closet space for the missus' luxury bags. Hehehe. I have something similar but from IKEA :P 

congrats on moving in! Looking great!

My launch is in SK, same launch as the one next to SK MRT and all my walls are cement walls. In fact they are more solid than I'd like (very hard to drill through), so quite surprised y'all say the walls are thin... Maybe I'm just lucky with our developer. 

Day 81 (17th Mar) - Bomb Shelter Rack

Bomb Shelter Rack

Did some research and "bump" into bomb shelter rack offered by Yee Sin (http://www.yee-sin.com) which

1)i feel is most worth the money as the rack is able to occupy the entire length of the bomb shelter

34pz5lx.png

2) No obstructing corner joint

3) Cost is $280

Another competitor without centre obstruction pole cost ~S$149 (1350L x 460D x 1830H) + S$149 (1350L x 460D x 1830H) + S$60 = $358 but it does not occupy the entire wall length of the bomb shelter.

281aa39.jpg

Day 80 (16th Mar) - Painting / Mounting of Display Cabinet Glass panel / Curtain Installation

Painting
Today is the 2nd day of painting touch up and the painter done up kitchen / service yard / bedroom 4 and living room

Chalkboard paint for the area above the settee is done
2u4lo5t.jpg

Display Cabinet Glass panel

Initially the plan was for Glass contractor to drill holes onto the cabinet to fix up the glass panel but he worried he might damage the carpentry so he recommended the holes to be drilled by carpenter instead. So the carpenter helped to drill and get the glass panels in place.

2i2aexd.jpg

Master Bedroom TV is is also mounted by Carpenter

bdwcv5.jpgbdwcv5.jpgbdwcv5.jpg

Curtains

Curtains are being installed in the evening by Vincent

Living Room

nxlw06.jpg

Bedroom 4

2dbklld.jpg

Bedroom 3

2yla2px.jpg

Bedroom 2

fn8buv.jpg

Master Bedroom

2a4prx1.jpg

Day 79 (15th Mar) - Painting / Mounting of TV

Today is the first day for painter to touch up the whole house's painting. By the end of today, he managed to complete 3 bedrooms.

Very happening day today, carpenter helped us to drill holes for wall mounted TV. But because the bedroom walls are very hollow, he suggested to drill deeper and when he did for bedroom 3, it penetrated the wall for bedroom 2. Painter is going to jump tomorrow when he see the hole tomorrow coz he just completed the painting for this bedroom today. So got no choice but to use a smaller size wall plug in order to secure the tv wall mount bracket

73319t.jpg

So moral of the story, cannot use a big wall plug for newly built HDBs. Recently heard that the walls for the new Sengkang BTO flat near Sengkang MRT is made of partition wall instead of solid cement wall. which makes it worst if want to wall mount TV as it means that there will be a need to build re-enforcement first on the wall before TV can be mounted onto partition wall.

Side track a little bit. Finally able to take some photos of the tv feature wall after the fridge is shifted to its intended area instead of in the middle of the living room.

160t179.jpg

Day 78 (14th Mar) - Glass / Door / Carpenter touch up

3 events are ongoing today

1) Carpenter touch up for carpentry (e.g. paint touch up for edges, painting of groove lines)

Painting of black groove lines for master bedroom wardrobe

200a22r.jpg

2) Installation of Toilet shower screen / kitchen window / master bedroom mirror

Master bedroom mirror installed (a double image of the wardrobe is created, visual effect making the wardrobe look bigger :D)

2zgauj4.jpg

Toilet shower screen

24ybi4o.jpg

Glass panels for living room display cabinets

23uu0ra.jpg

3) Bedroom 4 door is being installed by door contractor

Too bad we are not able to find the door with the same exact design and colour as the bedrooms. Tried to contact the door supplier for our BTO project and the company don't have any stock since this project has already ended quite sometime ago for them. if want to order, lead time is about 3 to 4 months since the order is just for one door.

So this is the closest colour we can get from our door contractor (door yet to be varnished)

osu4vb.jpg

Day 76 (12th Mar) - Electrician Works

Electricican is here to do up the last electrician works for the house

1) Remaining LED strip for Living room tv feature wall

2) LED strip for master bedroom wardrobe

3) DB box

LED Strip for master bedroom wardrobe

14j20ba.jpg

2niyybr.jpg

DB Box

- Converted all bedroom's telephone points to LAN Points

- Lay a new CAT 6 cable from DB box to living room tv feature wall

34ss8le.jpg

DIY the Bosch chimney top assembly coz forgotten to take it out when the chimney is being installed by carpenter yesterday.

5mirzt.jpg

Grohe Rain Shower from insani24.de

Brought the following items from insani24.de on 9th Jan 2016

Grohe Euphoria XXL System 210 Duschsystem mit Thermostatbatterie für die Wandmontage

Grohe Euphoria XXL System 210

€319.33 = ~S$ 510.92 [Rate 1.6] (Now price increased to €420)

Grohe Tempesta Cosmopolitan Duschsystem mit Thermostat, 390 mm Duscharm, chrom

Grohe Tempesta Cosmopolitan System 160

€235.29 = ~S$376.46 [Rate 1.6] (Now price increased to €420)

Grohe Ablaufgarnitur 65807 chrom

Grohe Waste Fitting

€36.55 x 2 = €73.10 = ~S$ 116.96 (Now price increased to €43)

P.S. i only posted this today even though this order was made on 9th Jan 2016 because I just received the Grohe Waste Fitting last Thursday (10th Mar 2016), just in time for plumber works on 11th Mar 2016 as this particular item is out of stock.

Total Freight charges is €99 + €31.39 (5% fee) = €130.39 = S$208.62

Singapore is selling the Grohe Euphoria XXL System 210 @ S$899. So even though I add the total freight charges + 5% fee to the cost of Grohe Euphoria XXL System 210 brought from insani24.de (S$510.92 + S$208.62 = S$719.54), its still cheaper than buying locally. Only disadvantage is no warranty coverage.

2j1q0p4.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell

On 31 January 2016 at 7:05 AM, duomaxwell said:

Hi Yee Fatt, we have yet to do the installation of the kitchen mixer coz the table top will only be ready after CNY.

So can only advise in end Feb or early March when the plumber is here after the carpenter get the kitchen and toilet carpentry up and ready for kompacplus table top installation.

Hi Yee Fatt,

Finally I can have some answers for you. As shown in the picture below, the plumber just used a adaptor with suitable size for both the hot water and cold water for the kitchen tap (brought from insani24.de)

rrp074.jpg

The same goes for the toilet Grohe Basin Tap brought locally from Hoe Kee, the plumber also used the same adaptor to hook up both the cold and hot water. So seems like installation wise, there are no differences when comparing Grohe brought locally and from insani24

2u8xq9e.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell