Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

Day 75 (11th Mar) - Plumber

Plumber is here to fix up all the toilet accessories, water taps and shower heads.

Some of the photos taken during plumber works

Kitchen - APEC Water Filter & Kitchen Tap

2564duq.jpg

Common Toilet - Rain Shower / Towel rack / Toilet Spray

2cz94z4.jpg

Master Toilet - Rain Shower / Soap dispenser / Sink / Tap / Spray, Towel Rack / Towel ring

rrv5tx.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 74 (10th Mar) - Electrician / Flooring / Carpenter

A lot of work is ongoing today, debris are being cleared, electrician is here to install remaining lightings, bedroom parquet is being polished and skirting is repainted, carpenter is here to do touch up and mount the chimney hood

Electrician is here today to install the LED strip for the display cabinets & TV feature wall, Dining table light, balcony light & Living Room Fan

LED Strip for living room display cabinets

euea8j.jpg

Balcony Light

2aj70iq.jpg

Dining Light

16leib4.jpg

Living Room Fan

2difswp.jpg

Skirting is being repainted to a darker tone to help to "cover" up the joint lines. Contrast of colour between skirting & HERF flooring

ozk00.jpg

Chimney hood mounted by carpenter, hob & hood electrician work done by electrician

24zbu6h.jpg

Hi TS, for the light switches, have you ever consider buying them from Taobao? I am still hesitating because worried for the safety and quality. But I assume the savings is alot.

Lights for sale

Anybody interested in the following lights? Willing to get go at cost price. Interested can PM me. Cash & Carry.

Selling because now because the lights don't match our theme as these lights were purchased sometime back (12 Dec 15)

P.S. the box is opened to check for cosmetic defects but the lights are not powered up at all.

1) Philips Dining Light 30900 + 10 Philips LED E14 5w bulb (30900 will need to use 6 bulbs, so 4 bulbs are spare)

飞利浦吸顶灯典漾客厅卧室璀璨奢华水晶灯特价30898 30900

飞利浦led灯泡E14螺口蜡烛泡3点5W5W尖泡筒灯光源Lamp促销

Cost price is RMB1985 = ~ S$441. Willing to get go at S$441. Will not add on the freight charges.

TB27dkOcXXXXXcrXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1751028312

Singapore is selling the exact same model at $650

24qtks7.png

2) Crystal Ball (25cm LED 8w)

LED水晶球吊灯 客厅灯餐厅灯 创意圆球吊灯 舞厅酒吧吊灯 工程灯

Cost price is RMB266.77 = ~ S$59. Willing to get go at S$59. Again, Will waive off the freight charges.

TB2ND_7XVXXXXaoXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!656548461.

*IMPORTANT NEWS*

Just called Craftstone Singapore to enquire as we are short of one box of CSI 093.

For people who are interested to get craftbricks (CSI 093) for their new house, there is currently a promotion. Its going for S$48 per carton before GST (Usual price is $78).

*Promotion just started this month (March 2016) and estimated to end on June 2016*

Following are photos of samples at Craftstone Singapore office

2qwg74z.jpg

dw5f6.jpg

2l0q3o.jpg

Receipt for today's purchase

sq3znp.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell

Day 72 (08th Mar) - Craftbricks Day 6 / Kompacplus / Curtain track

3 different groups are working at the house today

1) Tilers doing the craft bricks at the balcony

2) Contractor fixing up the kompacplus top for the toilets & kitchen

3) Installation of curtain tracks by Vincent

Craft bricks

Progress of 2 tilers until lunch time

2db7b4l.jpg

Progress by the end of the day

153l1n5.jpg

oucfv4.jpg

ID was being informed by tiler that 5 & 1/2 boxes of craft bricks has been used up for the baloney and there will be a need to purchase one addition boxes to cover up one portion of the wall. *Stress* initially still thought 5 1/2 boxes of craft bricks will surely be enough. But who know due to higher wastage because of the water piping area, 5 1/2 boxes are not enough. 

Kompacplus

Kompacplus top & wall piece for kitchen

2chp5bt.jpg

Mounting of Foundation before installation of Kompacplus

nq2smx.jpg

Discussion with ID and kompacplus contractor for the position of sinks and water taps so contractor can drill the opening at the correct place

2jcsrbs.jpg

Kompacplus contractor managed to finish all the installation by the end of the day

Kitchen

313m6w4.jpg

Toilets

16rqbk.jpg

Curtain tracks

Curtain tracks are being installed for the whole house by Vincent. Vincent was kind enough to separate it into 2 different trips. this trip will be the installation of tracks, the next will be installation of the curtains

35a57yc.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell

20 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

I use the same Philips ceiling lights.

For the square one, the 22W is more than bright enough for my dining area and my kitchen. Same for a 5R kitchen, my friend is using the 22W too. It is dimmable so I usually use the least bright option as a night light in my kitchen at night. The "dimming" is done by switching it on and off lor. 3 times only. But it's quite smart, defaults to brightest option every few hours turned off. 

For the round ones, the 12W is more than bright enough for toilets, the corridor and the bomb shelter. In fact, for my bomb shelter I used a 8W LED bulb only. More than bright enough. 

My bedroom lights are light kit with my Fanco fans. They are only 18W, but plenty bright for both my rooms and my living area (though my living area is tiny). 

HTH. 

Hi bykaraanne,

Wow, such a coincidence for us to use the same philips ceiling light.

Did your electrician do something special to make the Philips ceiling lights dimmable?

Maybe i never really try to switch on/off the lights and observe closely whether it is dimming. Will try to do it tomorrow and observe.

09 Mar 2016

There is no need for the electrician to do anything special. the lights are dimmable on its own by toggling the switch as mentioned by bykaraanne :D

Edited by duomaxwell

• Like 1

I use the same Philips ceiling lights.

For the square one, the 22W is more than bright enough for my dining area and my kitchen. Same for a 5R kitchen, my friend is using the 22W too. It is dimmable so I usually use the least bright option as a night light in my kitchen at night. The "dimming" is done by switching it on and off lor. 3 times only. But it's quite smart, defaults to brightest option every few hours turned off. 

For the round ones, the 12W is more than bright enough for toilets, the corridor and the bomb shelter. In fact, for my bomb shelter I used a 8W LED bulb only. More than bright enough. 

My bedroom lights are light kit with my Fanco fans. They are only 18W, but plenty bright for both my rooms and my living area (though my living area is tiny). 

HTH. 

Edited by bykaraanne

5 hours ago, rxgn said:

hi, thanks for reply.

agreed to buy same design for all bedrooms and extra for future.

however dont you think bedroom 20w is not enough? while smaller spaces like bomb shelter and service yard, you use higher 22w?

im thinking below

square 17w for both toilets, bomb shelter

rect 17w for walkway and service yard

rect bigger w (but dont know how much yet) for all bedrooms and kitchen.

part living room with ceiling fan, many downlight 12w

another part living room, rect bigger w (but dont know how much yet

Your 22w/60w/80w LIGHT, is it dimmable? if yes any remote control?

Hi rxgn,

My personnel thought is that 20W should be enough for bedrooms since we wouldn't be reading in bedrooms. From what I see and from the photos showed in the previous post, 20W looks bright enough for our bedrooms. :D

Furthermore Philips highest watt for the ceiling light design which we like is only up to 20W

n36yqw.jpg

We chosen 22W for bomb shelter and service yard as we feel that we need the brightness to look or keep things in the bomb shelter since ceiling light will be the only source of light as there are not windows (unlike bedrooms which has some form of light coming in from bedroom windows if the curtains are not drawn)

The same concept applies to service yard, I feel we will need the brightness to operate the washing machine & dryer.

I am not sure whether the 22w/60w/80w light is dimmable. Did not managed to install the dimmer and try.

Edited by duomaxwell

hi, thanks for reply.

agreed to buy same design for all bedrooms and extra for future.

however dont you think bedroom 20w is not enough? while smaller spaces like bomb shelter and service yard, you use higher 22w?

im thinking below

square 17w for both toilets, bomb shelter

rect 17w for walkway and service yard

rect bigger w (but dont know how much yet) for all bedrooms and kitchen.

part living room with ceiling fan, many downlight 12w

another part living room, rect bigger w (but dont know how much yet

Your 22w/60w/80w LIGHT, is it dimmable? if yes any remote control?

Edited by rxgn

4 hours ago, rxgn said:

May i ask ur 20w round ceiling light, you place it at where?

dont know should buy how many w for various places likes, toilet, service yard, walkway, bomb shelter, kitchen, room and living room

Hi rxgn,

for us we place the 20w round ceiling light at:

1) white edge for Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4 ( 3 white edges)

2) grey edge for Common & Master Toilet (2 grey edges)

So in total we use only 5 round ceiling lights, but i brought 8 in total. 3 will be spare in case any of the round ceiling lights break down in the future, there are ready stock at home for a one to one replacement as i worried that this model might be phased out in the near future and i will be forced to buy another 1 which does not look identical to the current 1 which will make it look weird.

2mdkjuv.jpg

We brought another different shape of philips ceiling lights for kitchen / Service Yard / Bomb Shelter

飞利浦吸顶灯品轩led长方形分控调光遥控现代简约客厅灯卧室特价

6xvx2w.jpg

We used

1) 22w for both bomb shelter & service yard (2 x RMB248 = RMB 496 = ~S$110)

2) 60w for "dry" kitchen (RMB746 = ~S$165.77)

3) 80w for "wet" kitchen (RMB848 = ~S$188.44)

But got scolded by both ID and wifey for buying such a big size lights for the kitchen (It's really big the 80w is 960mm long).

Both rejected the idea to install it but i find it a waste since its already brought. So in the end, both of them gave in to me and asked the electrician to install it. Will take some photos to share.

Just some ideas to share, i know for some, the same light design is used for all areas. i think its good since you can have common spares for the whole house. Like right now for us, we only got spares for the round ceiling lights but didn't not purchase any spares for the square/rectangle sized ceiling lights due to limited storage space.

Edited by duomaxwell

May i ask ur 20w round ceiling light, you place it at where?

dont know should buy how many w for various places likes, toilet, service yard, walkway, bomb shelter, kitchen, room and living room

The following are the some of the lights brought from Taobao during 1212

1) Philips LED T5 batten

飞利浦led支架 T5一体化LED日光灯管 暗槽线槽灯1.2米 明皓支架灯

TB2b1UvgFXXXXaoXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!831502339.

Brought a total of

i) 11 x 1.2m (4ft) (RMB 33.05 x 11 = RMB363.55 = ~S$80.78 [Rate 4.5])

ii) 12 x 0.9m (3ft) (RMB32.20 x 12 = RMB386.40 = ~S$85.86 [ Rate 4.5])

2edtvg6.png

So if compared to estimation Singapore price above, savings for 4ft long T5 batten is about S$231 (S$21 x 11) - S$80.78 = S$150.22

No price reference for 3ft. so cannot calculate savings.

But the disadvantage is that the model from Taobao is an older generation, not the latest generation. 

I discovered this because one of the 4ft out of a total of 11 is faulty, so got to shop for one additional and was told by salesman that this model is previous generation. new model does not look to be compatible.

2) Philips Ceiling Lights

飞利浦恒洁led吸顶灯客厅灯阳台灯卧室厨房灯具灯饰现代简约正品

TB26NC8cFXXXXXKXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2106181755

Brought a total of

i) 4 x 20w white edges (RMB 278 x 4 = RMB1112 = ~S$247.11 [Rate 4.5]

ii) 4 x 20w grey edges (RMB 278 x 4 = RMB1112 = ~S$247.11 [Rate 4.5]

compared to Singapore price S$130 x 8 = S1040. So savings is ~ S$1040 - S$494.22 = S$545.78

24n2mgz.png

Day 71 (07th Mar) - Craftbricks Day 5 & Electrical Works 

As mentioned in previous post, we brought a total of 16 boxes of craft bricks. After doing up the dining area, tv feature wall and foyer, we are left with 5 boxes.

So we are left with 2 choices, 1st is to sell off the remaining 5 boxes at cost price (hoping that there will be interested buyer since it's cheaper than Singapore), 2nd is to pay extra for labour cost to tiler to do up another area.

After discussion with wifey, we first decided to sell the remaining but I find it a pity since we put so much handwork to go into JB to buy and carry it back home first then from home to new house (all the manual labour work). We finally decided to bite the bullet and use the remaining to do up the balcony area.

2968ah.jpg

Electrician is here today to fix up all the lights and switches and the following are the fruit of their hard work. A total of 4 electricians came today to do up the whole house.

1z2es5x.jpg

9ll5cn.jpg