Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thehappykowple

Project First Home: Rustic Industrial Maisonette

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Granite tops, hood and hob came in yesterday!!!!! Love our minimalist hood from Turbo. We opted for a square instead of round one to go with our island. Can't wait to move in!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3307_zpsu7evwjv5.jpg

IMG_3301_zps2y6mjxuo.jpg

IMG_3297_zpsuquvetlv.jpg

Wow nice, but ur granite counter top cantilever so long? There is a steel frame with tie back below right? Don u worry it might crack? Sorry engineer thinking haha Edited by Freb

• Like 1

Wow nice, but ur granite counter top cantilever so long? There is a steel frame with tie back below right? Don u worry it might crack? Sorry engineer thinking haha

Yes, the steel frame extends to about 3/4 or 4/5 of the counter. The simple answer is our ID experimented! I wasn't there but what I heard was he started with shaking the counter then got more daring and put his whole weight on it and jumped. The counter cracked and it's getting replaced today hahaha.

Now that the experimentation is over, at least we know the limits of the counter. Unlikely we'll be doing any jumping or putting anything so heavy so close to the edge. And the counter didn't snap after all that stress put on it so I guess it should be alright.

Good pre-empt from an engineer though! Thanks!

Been a while since I've updated as I've been very busy with setting up the house. Renovation is almost over (sad and happy at the same time). We have completed touch-up works and have been busy moving our furniture and shopping for last-minute items from IKEA and Taobao. The thread has been rather quiet but being OCD, I just want to complete this process and not leave things hanging.

Just some photos of the deck which is now covered with wooden decking. We overlaid them over the old tiles from the previous owner. Bar stools were purchased from Taobao.

IMG_3433_zpsflp2mnj1.jpg

IMG_3429_zpsmovcgmzl.jpg

Our couch and Ottoman also came in. We got it from Commune at 10% off. We made a mistake with our measurements and don't have space for the ottoman but I guess it can go up in the study room or something.

IMG_3409_zps4schfsw6.jpg

Enjoying my first drink on the balcony. I love that the playground is nice and quiet but you get the occasional visitor walking their dog or exercising.

Edited by thehappykowple

• Like 1

Appliances are all fitted in but apart from the fridge, we've yet to use them.

IMG_3670_zpszez2ona1.jpg

IMG_3428_zpsliubhl2g.jpg

IMG_3663_zpsnvibsnfj.jpg

IMG_3662_zpsmhf941px.jpg

Our ID fashioned a simple hanging light with a T5 bulb for us for the dining table.

Edited by thehappykowple

We decided to take the plunge and customise pipes for the wardrobe as we didn't like the finish on those at Ikea. This was a rather economical option and the whole set-up cost less than 1k. Rationale for the wardrobe was that there will be one section for long dresses, shorter ones for our tops/pants/skirts.

IMG_4006_zpsa9omfgqe.jpg

The wardrobe on the right is the Malm dresser from IKEA.

IMG_4007_zpsckqdkitd.jpg

Drilled some stuff ourselves over the weekend. We've got an awesome front door number sign!

IMG_3994_zpsyporxihg.jpg

Installed our artwork from Bali. I highly recommend this store in Seminyak called Hobo. They sell rustic home decor.

IMG_4002_zpsk38qmiyu.jpg

Also installed our TV and laid out our carpet. That is a coffee table I bought from Taobao. Perfect quality!

IMG_3915_zpskfs05m7c.jpg

IMG_4012_zps3pvplxul.jpg

That's where we stand now. I'll take more pictures of the lighting in the house next!

• Like 1

Hi thehappykowple,

Your house is nicely done up!

I got my lights from Verde Lights and dining table and bench from Ethnicraft too! *High five.

Thank you! Yay, high five! Both sell great quality at a reasonable price. (:

We've been going to the house almost everyday now because it feels like home but haven't had the time to move our personal belongings yet (dreading packing, moving and unpacking hahaha).

Anyway, I took these last night to show the lighting in the house. I think our ID did a good job of giving us options for the types of mood we'd like to create at home. And we really saved cost by going for the most basic styles to match our industrial... nothing fancy. We only have track lights, LED strips, LED T5 bulbs, one plumen bulb, two filament bulbs and two IKEA floor lamps that cost $100 each.

Kitchen

We have four options for lights - track, cabinet backlight, island LED strip and sink LED strip (this is more for function as our sink area is blocked by cabinets and as you can see... quite dark).

With track light:

IMG_4039%20500x375_zpsrhtg6lyy.jpg

IMG_4040%20500x375_zpsejl36tky.jpg

IMG_4041%20500x375_zps7qcilre7.jpg

Edited by thehappykowple

I haven't really documented the yard area much but only because it is hard to photograph and is very basic. The yard is where our gas heater and rubbish chute are located. I am also very glad we added the sink because it's really easy to fill up a bucket for mopping and I can also wring out my mop there. Have yet to test out our washing machine and dryer.

LED T5 bulbs apparently only come in limited colour tones so ours turned out slightly whiter than we had hoped for. We really hate white light but we really shouldn't let them go to waste so we are using them until they blow... which might be a long time considering it is LED hahaha...

IMG_4042%20500x375_zpsqn1ehoum.jpg

Finally took pictures of our store room door/chalkboard wall! This is directly in front of our main door and I think I'll have lots of fun writing welcome messages and meal plans for the week. This was something I really wanted and requested my husband and ID help achieve. :good:

IMG_4043%20500x375_zpsfhtph4nq.jpg

IMG_4044%20500x375_zpstsj8ytbf.jpg

Edited by thehappykowple