Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Peachydurians,

I am going through exactly what you have wrote about choosing ID or contractor. It prompted me to create an account here for your help. I haven't met any contractors yet and would be very appreciative if you could send me the 4 contacts that you have indicated below.. :) Thanks so much!

=======================================================================================

1) Contractor A: famous Renotalk contractor. Got his contact after some online stalking (hurhur) and arranged for a site visit. He's very very big and tall! He made my 1.82m husband look like tau gaey/beanstalk. He has very good work and reviews online, but ultimately he'll not be our contractor. Can say lack of chemistry. But his work is really very good. If you and him are pei/compatible, it'll be a match made in heaven!

2) J&E: another famous pair. Met for a site visit at our place and they showed us an ongoing project they have on another unit on our estate. Good workmanship and good vibes. We really really liked them, but their quote was +15k above the next two quotes, which was just too much for our little piggybank :( so sad.

3) Prosterroster K: recommended by one of our friends! He (our friend) is the fashionable kind, and we all know fashionable people are fussypots. So, since Prosterroster K passed our friend's test, means he must be good. That was my reasoning la. Anyhow, we decided to arrange for a site visit with him. My better half likes him- says he has an honest feel and he was able to tell us when our ideas are impractical or suggest improvements. And I trust the Brilliance's intuition for these kind of things; so far his hunches in life all quite steady one.

4) Mr Y: contractor for my in-laws' bathrooms. He did a good job, so we asked for his contact. He asked us to go to his showroom, and we met his daughter who did all the designing based on our floorplan. Their quote was reasonable, their workmanship based on my in-laws' place good, but the Brilliance prefered #3.

Wow, BOSCH frontload at 700 plus is really a good buy, maybe I should go walk walk as well.

The colourful chair so cute and retro, so did you get it in the end? :P

Sorry for late picture. SO BUSY!!

The shop is Chun Mee Lee Rattan Furniture at block 122.

I snapped a quick pic only cus the aunty look quite fierce :jawdrop:

119xkpz.jpg

They have painted ones too (of the rattan swing baskets that are very mod... I wanted to buy but my house is too small)

Sorry hor like not too much help!!

But if you really want handmade ones can go there, but the Courts one very cheap!

Hello! All PMs replied and sent :)

Hi Peachydurians,

I am going through exactly what you have wrote about choosing ID or contractor. It prompted me to create an account here for your help. I haven't met any contractors yet and would be very appreciative if you could send me the 4 contacts that you have indicated below.. :) Thanks so much!

I'm glad that post was useful! The purpose of this t-blog is to pay it forward :)

Wow, BOSCH frontload at 700 plus is really a good buy, maybe I should go walk walk as well.

The colourful chair so cute and retro, so did you get it in the end? :P

Ya can go see! Just to be sure, it's the Courts at Tampines kay, not sure whether the others have this sale but the one there does. And it's massive! 3, 4 stories?

Hmmm haven't, cuzzz, well, my dad is going to gift us his solid wood rocking chair that is older than me (it's in my earliest memories), and it's a v dark wood so I'm not sure whether the colourful retro chairs will clash! =// Which brings me to bykaraanne's reply...

Sorry for late picture. SO BUSY!!

The shop is Chun Mee Lee Rattan Furniture at block 122.

I snapped a quick pic only cus the aunty look quite fierce :jawdrop:

119xkpz.jpg

They have painted ones too (of the rattan swing baskets that are very mod... I wanted to buy but my house is too small)

Sorry hor like not too much help!!

But if you really want handmade ones can go there, but the Courts one very cheap!

I SEE IT BY CRANING MY HEAD 45° TO THE LEFT AND PLAYING I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE HAHAHAH okay abuse of caps but I'm just so amused. Thanks so much babe! Dyknow, today we DROVE PAST blk 121 but he was rushing for an appointment and we couldn't stop to take a look? Haiz. Anyway, you reckon it'll cost significantly more than $99?

The HDB unit where we lived when I was 9 had some private space in front of our place, so my daddy installed that same rattan swing basket... :) the memory is making me smile. But yeah I suppose if you get the swing, you'll have to sacrifice rather a lot of space for other things. A dream to keep for a better time :)

_____

Okay with this happy nostalgic mood of a sweet memory I can no longer return to,

I shall also announce,

Our home has its colours,

And I will share peektures very soon.

Love,

Bookworm

Haha!! The good ol' days

I reckon it won't cost much more then $99 but it would mean a lot IMO to buy from the traditional stores and my dad says these kind are quite indestructible!

And hurry post pictures!! No updates from mine makes me wanna see others' even more. :good:

Lol kara. Yap must post more photos. Like me everyday i visit the house and take pictures. Super kiasu me haha.

Edited by Ahyong81

Hihi, I'm getting my keys soon and looking around for contractors. Would appreciate very very much if you could share the contacts for Contractor A, J&E, K and Mr Y. Thanks a million!! :)

I've PMed a couple of you :)

Snuck more pics for you today since I had to go there again. Lol. Dk how many times need to go there.

de9x07.jpg

28lf39w.jpg

Babe, you're hilarious. Mmmm, are you able to help me ask the lady how much the round rattan in the first photo bottom right corner is? :D or top right, depending on you're craning your neck hahahahah. The circular one!

By the way, the next post is dedicated to you :) cuz it's photos! of our newly painted home haha yay :paint:

Edited by Peachydurians

Photo Post: Paints!

As some of you may recall, when life was on page 2, I was stressing over paints. Well, the paints are out, and photos are in!

20150927_161419.jpg

20150927_162047.jpg

20150927_161743.jpg

I read somewhere online to expect lights colours in the catalog to be one shade lighter in real life, and dark colours, one shade darker. All our colours fell in the light range, and I have found the general principle to be true. So it's possible true of the darker shades as well. I should also say, though, my photos have come out one shade darker again! So for example, the first photo, while the brown looks close to the catalog colour, it's actually one shade lighter in real life.

We also experimented a little with gray and blue, using the latter as an accent wall and both as a half-and-half in the respective photos. I suppose judgements are personal opinions, so if you've wondered how an accent wall or a half-and-half look like in our BTOs, here you go! Experiment done so you can now decide more informedly whether or not you want this look for your precious 90sqm (or however large your home is).

All colours were nippon paints and their names dependent on my (unreliable) memory: ze brown was sequoia dusk, blue was crystal blue, gray was the lightest warm gray I can't remember the name anymore. It's under off-white. And it really is an off-white; I think if I didn't know our home was in gray, my eyes might just glaze over and assume it's some sort of white. The brown is quite light too! If I could choose again, I'd choose both the brown and gray to be one shade darker. But that's all up to personal preference la; if you're all about subtle (like the Brilliance), you'll be very happy with how it turns out. If you're someone who's a little more bold in personality and taste, feel free to try a richer colour. Speaking of which, as our home develops, I can really see how it's an amalgamation of both the Brillance and I; which is awe-inspiring And humbling at the same time! (I find that in life, most things which inspire awe, also evoke humility. Both the high and the low at the same time; a state of affairs beyond my comprehension - but okay enough musing).

tl;dr - our homes are a vivid expression of our personalities (:

I'll conclude this post with a final photo, of sequoia dusk in the background, forgotten gray in front, white ceilings in hopeful contrast, and the Brilliance playing virtual dragons atop the painter's ladder

20150927_161847.jpg

I think it turn out beautifully

Love your choice of colour, I think I am those boring kind like my house to be white, but again still got a long journey to go, I know my designer might challenge me my choice again.

Lol

I've PMed a couple of you :)

Babe, you're hilarious. Mmmm, are you able to help me ask the lady how much the round rattan in the first photo bottom right corner is? :D or top right, depending on you're craning your neck hahahahah. The circular one!

By the way, the next post is dedicated to you :) cuz it's photos! of our newly painted home haha yay :paint:

Haha have to wait till the next time I go!

Anyway your tiles look great with the wall colors! :)