Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks for all the renotalk love everyone! A couple of nights ago I dreamt that we were Facebook friends, haha clearly I'm on this space too much.

Anyway! I'm currently at yakun nex killing time while the Brilliance listens to insurance talk by his old schoolmate and I want to share what I saw last weekend but the photo adding option doesn't seem to be available from my phone! Has anyone used their mobiles to blog with photos before? Halp haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for all the renotalk love everyone! A couple of nights ago I dreamt that we were Facebook friends, haha clearly I'm on this space too much.

Anyway! I'm currently at yakun nex killing time while the Brilliance listens to insurance talk by his old schoolmate and I want to share what I saw last weekend but the photo adding option doesn't seem to be available from my phone! Has anyone used their mobiles to blog with photos before? Halp haha

Just use Tinypic and copy and paste the URL with the img URL function lor. :)

Jiayou! can't wait to see updates!

For some reason, on my phone the extra options don't appear e.g. I can't bold my words or add emotes. But ohwell, I'm home now! I can underline my words :D

Taylor B

43 Keppel Rd, Singapore 099418
9420 4000

The sense I got re Taylor B after reading various writeups is that it's atas/designer furniture at modest (read: not outrageous) prices. Sounds good right? So I asked the Brilliance if we could go, and we did!

20150919_153930_hdr.jpg

Nice front eh. A bit like postcard methinks.

Here are a few photos:

20150919_154242.jpg

A cute retro clock! At $129 if I remember right.

20150919_154930.jpg

This was a piece I personally really liked. Solid wood, lovely carving - I could stare at this piece for ages. Makes me feel happy just looking at it.

20150919_161824.jpg

Interesting chair! Haven't seen anything like it so far. There were 2 of them there. I might change the colour of the fabric though.

20150919_162041.jpg

Artsy ah.

Overall, I can see how Taylor B would appeal to its fans. Carefully selected, a item or two would work as statement pieces even in our humble BTOs. Tbh though, I feel that these can be quite easily found in places like BKK, Chatuchak. I'm fairly certain I've also seen similar stuff in Vietnam, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were sourced from there and around the region, like Indonesia (they do say as much in their website).

My verdict: while I liked what I saw, personally I'd spend a weekend in the region hunting my own furniture if I was able to.

Ikea and Courts in the next post!

Edited by Peachydurians

Ikea is well-known to us, and needs no introduction. I'm just going to spotlight their laundry area, which has been the most comprehensive and well-thought of space so far, compared to other shops. I confess I'm more conscious about that area more than, say, our study, or the second bedroom, simply because so much needs to go into so small a space. And...... photos of previous t-blogs sometimes give a glimpse of a rather messy area. :( Not being judgey, just hoping to avoid that as much as I can, if possible. So!

20150919_170851.jpg

I'll probably install something like this, but half the size.

20150919_171648.jpg

Hehe this ironing board is superr cute right?! I had the impulse to buy it on the spot but the Brilliance didn't seem as impressed. I think cuz he's so tall, the ironing board will need to have more surface area for his clothes. Pfft. This is so snuggy and adorable lor.

______

I have a friend in PR whose client was Courts, and apparently they're increasing their line of furniture to reflect the changing taste of the local market. So we popped by after Taylor B and Ikea. Here's a couple of photos from our trip:

20150919_185040.jpg

The Brilliance likes this soda, and I agree it's pretty chic, although, for some reason, it reminds of a Korean jacket hahaha.

20150919_184000_burst01.jpg

My favourite chair!! I like it so much! I shall keep an eye out for a piece like this :)

___

Okies, that's the end of my review-of-sorts on 3 furniture/home places we have. I know there are other worthy places, and hopefully I'll get to visit them, or someone else will, so that we homeowners will be aware of the wider options available to us!

xoxo,

The Bookworm

I'm buying the ALGOT system for my service yard too! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Oh really? Cool! How zhnged up is your ALGOT? haha remember to take photos okay? Oh, and how's your main door going? I think my opp neighboor painted his!

Oh really? Cool! How zhnged up is your ALGOT? haha remember to take photos okay? Oh, and how's your main door going? I think my opp neighboor painted his!

Eh, we're getting for both sides, one side has a clothes hanger; a detergent rack and a normal flat board that is the width of the washing machine? Does that make sense? For the Washer side.

For the other side, I'm getting more shelves (all metal) with a higher last shelf so that my bunnies' litter area can fit underneath without feeling claustrophobic. :P

I will once they are in... But we seem to be progressing rather similarly. :notti:

My contractor has yet to give me a price. If I paint it, I might push a little further and have mouldings on it... Heh heh

Eh, we're getting for both sides, one side has a clothes hanger; a detergent rack and a normal flat board that is the width of the washing machine? Does that make sense? For the Washer side.

For the other side, I'm getting more shelves (all metal) with a higher last shelf so that my bunnies' litter area can fit underneath without feeling claustrophobic. :P

I will once they are in... But we seem to be progressing rather similarly. :notti:

My contractor has yet to give me a price. If I paint it, I might push a little further and have mouldings on it... Heh heh

Yeah ikr! Hmm my place is currently covered in plastic and paper because they're beginning painting. Carpentry fabrication is underway at the factory. I think I'll be done mid Oct - so fast! I'll have withdrawal symptoms when this is over man. No wonder some people do renovation every now and then. Where are you atm?

And I suspect you'll get a door with mouldings of a certain (chio) character ;)

Yeah ikr! Hmm my place is currently covered in plastic and paper because they're beginning painting. Carpentry fabrication is underway at the factory. I think I'll be done mid Oct - so fast! I'll have withdrawal symptoms when this is over man. No wonder some people do renovation every now and then. Where are you atm?

And I suspect you'll get a door with mouldings of a certain (chio) character ;)

Then you're faster than me I think!

You'll probably get it earlier if you choose to get Algot too! Haha.

I hope so (re the door). As for Reno... Haha I can't wait for it to be over. :/

Then you're faster than me I think!

You'll probably get it earlier if you choose to get Algot too! Haha.

I hope so (re the door). As for Reno... Haha I can't wait for it to be over. :/

That is such a sad statement..! Aiyoh what happened? Sayang

That is such a sad statement..! Aiyoh what happened? Sayang

Nothing big la! Just the shower kerb in my guest BR. SO UGLY I can't even.

Then cus my tiles I thought I could've chosen better, but still ok la...

So was a bit demoralized haha!

I think also my own fault, Cus my design is less fixture based but more decor based, so of course now looks like nothing... Hehe.

Thanks babe. I can't wait to see your updates!! I'm sure it would be beautiful :wub:

Edited by bykaraanne

Hello renolovies!

The Brilliance requested for this post haha. Basically, our ceiling fan (Crestar) is veryy low, and we hope for advice or suggestions on what we can/should do! Here's a photo:

Introducing our fat fan. It reminds me of a bumblebee.

20150925_135504.jpg

As you can see, it's hung low low low low low low low (cue club music), which makes him + his brothers feel vulnerable because they are all 1.8m+! Then my mommy also say cannot, because next time if/when got baby then you throw the baby up in the air or pretend rollercoaster near the fan....

Inputs and personal experiences welcome! :thumbs up:

Edited by Peachydurians

Looks like you installed your ceiling fan on a false ceiling. For HDB usually people will try to mount onto actual ceiling and keep the ceiling fan blade area free from false ceiling. This way you have maximum height clearance. You ended this way because your false ceiling height was compromised. Without it should have a 5 inch clearance between head and fan blade. Only condo can do fan on false ceiling as their ceiling is higher then HDB. The only remedy is to remove false ceiling around the fan blade.