Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Size Of Grilles Needed

just received a draft quote from pang giap

they quote me $2300 - $2800 for aluminium grilles for whole unit

$950 - $1050 for casement windows at SY and Balcony and $450 - $500 for the main gate (comes with delivery and installation with 'good workmanship' guaranteed)

very high leh, the decorille only quote me $800+++ for windows...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
just received a draft quote from pang giap

they quote me $2300 - $2800 for aluminium grilles for whole unit

$950 - $1050 for casement windows at SY and Balcony and $450 - $500 for the main gate (comes with delivery and installation with 'good workmanship' guaranteed)

very high leh, the decorille only quote me $800+++ for windows...

how com so expensive. the quotation for my whole unit excl. balcony window oni $1932. actually can bargain somemore one lor. but i've decided to let mi ID handle everything. i'm forgoing the wrought iron grille n install aluminium grille coz i'll be having windows for my balcony.

did u buy fm their contractor?

btw, how much did u paid for the large piece of glass that was installed during the later part of ur reno. i wonder how much they are going to charge mi for a glass wall. i dun intend to have a ceiling to floor glass wall.

erh the price i must check... forgot already.. will let u know later..

sorry for slow replies...

sometimes forgot where i post :dunno:

applefreak, y u wan to change the main gate? the gate given by HDB should be gd enough ba... today the ppl fm pang giap came to my sis place n install wrought iron gate. very nice n heavy, should be good!

the sales exec now tell mi the wrought iron grille design dat i like is oni $750 leh, make mi heart itchy. i haf decided to have windows, so muz forgo the wrought iron grille n take aluminium grille instead. the difference is $400!:lol: or should i juz hack care n install wrought iron grille with windows? abit wasted leh, coz the windows dark dark cannot see the beautiful wrought iron... hmm, i muz tink twice tonite coz tomorrow i'm choosing window grille at my ID office. now feel like saying i dun wan balcony window liao. :dunno:8|

coz i need to live in a big 'cage' so everything must be in that design

thinking of whether should leave the main gate and buy mesh to block or just change the gate...

my current home gate also the same design as my window grilles

wrought iron is out of the question coz it doesn't come in the design i want

just came back from Classic Kitchen

their showroom piece is really well-done, workmanship is the best so far

got a quote for a 3ft full-ht cabinet with casement door and 4 internal drawers $1,330, doors for concrete support for sink and stove x 5 $750

worth?

also went to check out the rhoyxon sink coz franke aquario is out of budget ($698)

realise it's about the same price bcoz of the accessories and decided to maybe get oulin. the shop was selling $420. didn't commit coz want to see a few more designs

then went to classic kitchen, happen to chance upon hoe kee

they selling a similar oulin sink with accessories at $280 only. heng ah

for kitchen i will be sticking to L shape, just positioned further from the window

a rough sketch of what i want for my kitchen

Picture1.png

coz i need to live in a big 'cage' so everything must be in that design

thinking of whether should leave the main gate and buy mesh to block or just change the gate...

my current home gate also the same design as my window grilles

wrought iron is out of the question coz it doesn't come in the design i want

just came back from Classic Kitchen

their showroom piece is really well-done, workmanship is the best so far

got a quote for a 3ft full-ht cabinet with casement door and 4 internal drawers $1,330, doors for concrete support for sink and stove x 5 $750

worth?

also went to check out the rhoyxon sink coz franke aquario is out of budget ($698)

realise it's about the same price bcoz of the accessories and decided to maybe get oulin. the shop was selling $420. didn't commit coz want to see a few more designs

then went to classic kitchen, happen to chance upon hoe kee

they selling a similar oulin sink with accessories at $280 only. heng ah

for kitchen i will be sticking to L shape, just positioned further from the window

a rough sketch of what i want for my kitchen

mi spent 7 hours with ID today, in between spending 3hrs at balestier choosing kitchen floor+wall tiles, toilet accessories and lights. have chosen our carpentry materials, paint, window+aluminum grille and curtains. lots of earth tones for our nest.

now our reno cost is $39k++ including GST 5%. still spent extras for the below-mentioned.

- curtains+roller blinds+string curtains <- $2,000

- 2 WC, 1 vanity sink+tap, misc toilet accessories <- $1,500

- turbo hood+hob, kitchen sink+tap <- $1,200 (i'll cancel my order with Bellari n use the deposit for common toilet sink+tap)

- lights for whole unit <- $1,500 after my classmate's hubby gave mi big discount $809 :deal:

- balance deposit for our UFO loveseat <- $770

- glass backing for hob <- $180

- labour cost for changing of WC <- $160 (we paid by cash to save GST)

looking at the rough sketch, i realised dat u are leaving a space between ur concrete support n the service yard wall. i tink tis makes the kitchen looks smaller n cramp. the kitchen is already small, r u sure u really want to do tis? :(

we are really going broke coz of the reno cost+furniture. still got to spend for our wedding in Dec. i tink the house n wedding is gonna set us back by at least $90k :( (nt counting the angbaos we'll receive).

Edited by bluberi

actually the block is the door, not the window...

die die must have L-shape coz dun want the sink to be in one line with the stove

and dun want a long long kitchen coz have it in my current home and didn't like it a bit

this is just an idea of how it will look like. a lot depends on how i feel when i finally enter the unit and have a good idea of how everything looks like and measures

the only thing i can confirm now is the windows and grilles, gate also still considering

as for the bookshelf, think will buy instead of custom making coz really very expensive

8ft high 6ft wide solid ply already cost $1,950, cannot afford :(

have more or less decided on the oulin sink and fujiuh stove (coz of the 'white' stand)

most prob will get a tap that have an extendable spray for washing wok

now just need to find a contractor for my L-shape concrete support

wonder how much it's gonna cost me

actually the block is the door, not the window...

die die must have L-shape coz dun want the sink to be in one line with the stove

and dun want a long long kitchen coz have it in my current home and didn't like it a bit

this is just an idea of how it will look like. a lot depends on how i feel when i finally enter the unit and have a good idea of how everything looks like and measures

the only thing i can confirm now is the windows and grilles, gate also still considering

as for the bookshelf, think will buy instead of custom making coz really very expensive

8ft high 6ft wide solid ply already cost $1,950, cannot afford :(

have more or less decided on the oulin sink and fujiuh stove (coz of the 'white' stand)

most prob will get a tap that have an extendable spray for washing wok

now just need to find a contractor for my L-shape concrete support

wonder how much it's gonna cost me

i supposed if u like the way the kitchen gonna look should be ok ba...

the customised bookshelf so expensive? :( for dat price u can get a built-in wardrobe of the same size n still have $270 extra.

i was quite tempted get the spray for washing wok but forgo the idea since the new Kressler sink (i'm cancelling my order with Bellari) i've ordered can accomodate the whole wok.

guess it really depends a lot on workmanship, material used and other factors...

saw a wardrobe which is my sister's dream BIW but cost $5k+ at classic kitchens!:(

everything hinges on what i see when i go down on monday

if the kitchen feels very cramp then will wrack my brains somemore to see how to accomodate everything i want yet feel spacious

the spray is a want, not a need so see how much i have left for it :(

btw, how much your ID charge for your grilles?

pang giap really too high liao. looking at the region of $1 to 1.5k

guess it really depends a lot on workmanship, material used and other factors...

saw a wardrobe which is my sister's dream BIW but cost $5k+ at classic kitchens!:(

everything hinges on what i see when i go down on monday

if the kitchen feels very cramp then will wrack my brains somemore to see how to accomodate everything i want yet feel spacious

the spray is a want, not a need so see how much i have left for it :(

btw, how much your ID charge for your grilles?

pang giap really too high liao. looking at the region of $1 to 1.5k

my ID charged mi $2100 for whole unit aluminium grille and service yard+balcony window. did nt do the toilet aluminium grille coz he's charging mi $360. tink pang giap install toilet aluminium grille cheaper. but now reno already burst our budget by alot liao, so the toilet aluminium grille can wait.

think i have to forgo the decorille windows as well

just windows for SY and Bal alone is close to 900 liao

if including grilles will come to almost $2,500

guess a trip down to IMM cannot be avoided

or i'll check out the shops at ang mo kio ind pk 1

one of the ID actually quote me $1,400 for grilles for whole unit, including toilet

but think that price is only if i do everything else with them, which is rather expensive

now in two minds whether to get the full-ht cabinet from classic kitchen

they require a minimum order of $2k, but the full-ht with drawers is only $1.3k

then if top up $700 for something i dun want is rather foolish

but i really really like the cabinet at the showroom and i think it's really quite a good deal coz a full-ht cabinet with shelves already cost $800...

wow, you spent so much on lights!

think max my lights should cost me $500 max coz not getting anything fanciful

this is the light i'm gonna get for my dining table but it's hanging from the ceiling

like it bcoz it's really going to compliment my marble dining table which is old kopitiam style :yamseng:

$65 from a shop in great world city. didn't take the original light coz it's on and the photo didn't turn out well. this wall light is also $65, may be getting it for the corridor. does your price include installation?

26-02-07_1920.jpg

Edited by applefreak

think i have to forgo the decorille windows as well

just windows for SY and Bal alone is close to 900 liao

if including grilles will come to almost $2,500

guess a trip down to IMM cannot be avoided

or i'll check out the shops at ang mo kio ind pk 1

one of the ID actually quote me $1,400 for grilles for whole unit, including toilet

but think that price is only if i do everything else with them, which is rather expensive

now in two minds whether to get the full-ht cabinet from classic kitchen

they require a minimum order of $2k, but the full-ht with drawers is only $1.3k

then if top up $700 for something i dun want is rather foolish

but i really really like the cabinet at the showroom and i think it's really quite a good deal coz a full-ht cabinet with shelves already cost $800...

wow, you spent so much on lights!

think max my lights should cost me $500 max coz not getting anything fanciful

this is the light i'm gonna get for my dining table but it's hanging from the ceiling

like it bcoz it's really going to compliment my marble dining table which is old kopitiam style :)

$65 from a shop in great world city. didn't take the original light coz it's on and the photo didn't turn out well. this wall light is also $65, may be getting it for the corridor. does your price include installation?

do check out more b4 deciding on who to go with for the windows+grilles.

i haf a full height cabinet which i intended to do as a pull-put larder initially. now i decided dat the cabinet door will be those dat open up normally i/o of pull out. reno spent too much liao, dun tink got enough $$ to buy the ikea pull out drawers which is gonna cost mi another $400++. i still gotta spend a few hundreds on blum system for my 8 drawers (4 is big heavy duty drawers).

i guess spending $1500 for lights is consider reasonable considering the big discount i had... though my MIL also mentioned it's expensive. the light u've shown seem quite alrite, shd compliment well with ur table ba.. the lights i've bought does nt include installation. my ID will get his electrician to do it since he's charging mi $1200 for electrical work for the whole unit. tis does nt even include the shifting of power points n switches.

actually our flats come with electrical points and sockets already?

what electrical works need to be done???

will be doing a lot of footworks checking out shops at IMM and AMK Ind Pk 1 to see who can give me the best deal. working under very limited budget, looking at doing everything under $11k so everything must find best deal

my draft budget - $2.3k for grilles and windows, $4k for kitchen (incl sinnk and stove), $1.5k for bookshelves, $500 for lights, $1.5k for bathroom accessories and $1k for misc like paint and stuff. thank goodness got the air-con and sofa as gifts :)

actually our flats come with electrical points and sockets already?

what electrical works need to be done???

will be doing a lot of footworks checking out shops at IMM and AMK Ind Pk 1 to see who can give me the best deal. working under very limited budget, looking at doing everything under $11k so everything must find best deal

my draft budget - $2.3k for grilles and windows, $4k for kitchen (incl sinnk and stove), $1.5k for bookshelves, $500 for lights, $1.5k for bathroom accessories and $1k for misc like paint and stuff. thank goodness got the air-con and sofa as gifts :)

yes, the electrical points n switches for lights are all ready. all u do is to fix the light at the point unless u r shifting it. water n electric supply has already been turned on liao.

i need to shift my balcony n dining room switch coz i'm hacking away the wall. will be shifting the socket at the kitchen entrance also coz need to put sliding door. still got to shift the sockets for the rooms, change to double sockets, etc. tink i still need to pay extra.

so good got aircon n sofa as gifts. i got fridge n washing machine fm my MIL n mum. the fuji electric system3 aircon was given by ID when i signed my package with them. but i topped up $1300 to change it to toshiba non-inverter system 3 and an additional toshiba non-inverter system 1, all is 9000BTU. the system 3 is for 2 BRs and study whereas the system 1 is for my MBR.

wow $1.2k for all that is quite expensive leh

but guess your ID charge a commission for finding the correct person to do the work

hopefully i will not need to shift any points or switches

still not sure what air-con to get

between inverter and non-inverter, and between mitsu elec or daikin

see how first lah...

so excited!:) getting my keys tomorrow!:)

11 more hours to go