Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Size Of Grilles Needed

hd a busy day today... started off with a visit to our nest at 11.30am. glad to see the kitchen and service yard floor has been hacked. some major defects also done... looking at it, tink all the defects should be rectified in another week's time. after dat still went bridal shop for appointment. evening time went swimming. tink i half dead liao.

eh, i didn't even bother to knock the tiles since it was new. tried to do so in my MBR but gave up after knocking oni 1/2 the room. :unsure:

glad to hear dat u haf at least settled on the book shelf.

oh, u still wan the L shape kitchen? my ID ar... so far so good lor. i oni knew odie engaged ***** after i came to tis forum. our ID office is at Kaki Bukit Rd 1, Blk 7 Eunos Technolink. tml i'll be meeting my ID again coz i wan to re-choose the colours for my carpentry.

btw, i'm nt getting my swing chair fm Ikea liao. will get the swing chair from the LifeShop at Raffles City. oni $149 and includes the chain for hanging n cushion. the price is oni $40++ more than the ikea one. it's the same chair that fellow forumer elmoboy has gotten.

erm...sorry huh...coz i also got the same hanging chair from lifestorey. something that i would like to share with u...is your balcony with windows? rain/sun can come in? i installed my hanging chair my balcony which is open....after a few days, the black string faded....now it is in a horrible...sort of like brown colour.....unless u dun mind la....

then hor...the chains tat use to install can actually be bought from hardware shops...which cost around $10+ only....above for your info

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh dear, that doesn't sound very good does it?

though having windows at the balcony, may not be at home to close it when it rains...

submitted my defect lists to hdb yesterday.

the lady at the counter took a long time coz their system designed to take a maximum of 5 defects per page. so she got to type, print, create new case, type, print, create new case... she managed to consolidate some of the items together but still got a lot of defects. five items per page, total six or seven pages :P

wonder how long they will take to rectify the defects, even my main door is not spared. door knob can't spring back to position, cracks and holes all over the door. did you notice a lot of holes on the walls? it's like polka dots all over the place! worse is the water stain in the HHS. can't imagine a HHS which has water seeping from upstairs !! the contractors also did a slip-shod job at places where they think we won't check. i can still see plaster 'dripping' from under the vanity counter support, they didn't even bother cleaning it.

all the floor tiles either faded, stained or dirtied. thank goodness we went down to clean the place up coz we thought it was just dirty initially. both hands' index finger blistered, guess that shows how little housework i do. hehehe

erm...sorry huh...coz i also got the same hanging chair from lifestorey. something that i would like to share with u...is your balcony with windows? rain/sun can come in? i installed my hanging chair my balcony which is open....after a few days, the black string faded....now it is in a horrible...sort of like brown colour.....unless u dun mind la....

then hor...the chains tat use to install can actually be bought from hardware shops...which cost around $10+ only....above for your info

mercsboy,

i'll installing windows at my balcony but the glass is clear type. nt scare of the rain but the sun confirm will fade the colour of the black string rite. they include the chain rite... u got ur chain fm hardware shop? hmm, like dat should buy ikea swinging chair or the lifestorey swinging chair... trying to find those rattan type like in the old days one but dunno where to buy.

oh dear, that doesn't sound very good does it?

though having windows at the balcony, may not be at home to close it when it rains...

submitted my defect lists to hdb yesterday.

the lady at the counter took a long time coz their system designed to take a maximum of 5 defects per page. so she got to type, print, create new case, type, print, create new case... she managed to consolidate some of the items together but still got a lot of defects. five items per page, total six or seven pages :D

wonder how long they will take to rectify the defects, even my main door is not spared. door knob can't spring back to position, cracks and holes all over the door. did you notice a lot of holes on the walls? it's like polka dots all over the place! worse is the water stain in the HHS. can't imagine a HHS which has water seeping from upstairs :) the contractors also did a slip-shod job at places where they think we won't check. i can still see plaster 'dripping' from under the vanity counter support, they didn't even bother cleaning it.

all the floor tiles either faded, stained or dirtied. thank goodness we went down to clean the place up coz we thought it was just dirty initially. both hands' index finger blistered, guess that shows how little housework i do. hehehe

applefreak, now i'm having 2nd tots abt the lifestorey swinging chair after wat mercsboy had said.

tat time when i submitted my defects (more than 1mth ago), i had to sit more than 1/2hr in front of the lady doing nothing. juz wait for her to type in one by one.

ur unit really seem to be in a worst state than mine leh... my walls dun holes leh, oni found the wall behind the main door chipped off and it's still not rectified yet. my HHS also ok leh, but the ventilation sleeve beri rusty and has a insect nest made fm soil stuck there. eeks. will tell my ID to remove for mi. if the branch office nt going to do anything to my WCs and vanity top i also dun care liao coz we are changing it. now oni left minor defects to be done. tml will call branch office again to push them to finish the rectification latest by next week. i can't possibly keep on delaying my reno start date coz of them. :P already going to start paying my reno loan fm end apr liao.

applefreak,

yeah i didnt know bluberi took OC until i saw her signature..

anyway, if u are interested, u can go and look for our IDs for a quotation.

They are quite strong in terms of designing.. price wise depends on the individual ID.

Always remember whether taking ID or contractor, u must be comfortable and feel its reasonable to take them.

No matter how good someone can praise the ID, whatever the pricing, must feel happy to do the reno..

cheaper pricing might get material quality compromised also.. so bear all these in mind..

good luck :D

thanks for the advice. have included the specific material when i ask around for quote (me being the kiasu one)...

now trying to upload the photos i took so that i can create a renoblog :D

come to think of it, maybe my tiles are those white with pink tinge, though for the **** of me can't tell it's white at all! :faint:

bluberi, guess my reno cost will be significantly lower than your coz other than my kitchen, not going to spend money anywhere else. no feature wall, no BIW, no tv console or any other carpentry work at all. my budget for everything is around $10k to $15k. hopefully won't bust it if not got to take loan liao. for my case, it's cheaper to take those credit card fund transfer than reno loan coz of the tie-in period...

thanks for the advice. have included the specific material when i ask around for quote (me being the kiasu one)...

now trying to upload the photos i took so that i can create a renoblog :)

come to think of it, maybe my tiles are those white with pink tinge, though for the **** of me can't tell it's white at all! :faint:

bluberi, guess my reno cost will be significantly lower than your coz other than my kitchen, not going to spend money anywhere else. no feature wall, no BIW, no tv console or any other carpentry work at all. my budget for everything is around $10k to $15k. hopefully won't bust it if not got to take loan liao. for my case, it's cheaper to take those credit card fund transfer than reno loan coz of the tie-in period...

applefreak, tis is our first home.. so we spending much more than expected :P if by any chance we will sell the house.. tink the next one will know how to spend lesser liao. :D

:)

well u will be surprise on ur budget on the reno cost once u started...

:D

anyway, if less carpentry works, should be cheaper.. if u dont need anything fanciful... my suggestion go for contractors, u can save quite alot....

not necessary for IDs...

Can try Ho Bee... i think its those contractor cum abit of ID firm.. :P

others u can see... :P

think my budget is quite low coz moving a lot of things from my current home

my whole family is moving together and selling the current flat.

most important thing is the flat must be elderly friendly so things like top cabinet, L-box, feature wall etc is out (my dad does the cleaning so must make it easy for him)

main two things that takes the bulk of the budget is actually the kitchen and the grilles. others are labour to install things like lights, bathroom accessories etc only... tv, washer all have liao so no need to buy. save quite a bit there...

might be giving ho bee a call later, got the contact from one of the fellow forummers

but still will be checking out the modern home exhibition to see if can get any ideas

went down to wihardja and saw quite a lot of display going at unbelievable low price, might be buying some things from there. saw a nonya-style mirror (framed in solid teak wood window frame) going at $59, but someone beat me to it :D will go down again to take a good long look over the weekend. it's at 175 Ubi Ave 4 Pan Malayan Warehse incase anyone of you interested...

oh u went for the expo exhibition? i forgot whether its at expo or suntec..

Soma mentioned he will be busy over the weekends...

anyway if u go and see those exhibtions, OC will be there..

the one wearing white cap and quite tall guy is my ID... his signature look with cap..

He used to wear t-shirts and jeans but recently change to shirt and pants.. :lol: that time we went to check out on the exhibitions, he gave us a shock as he is super causal guy like us... we were like :yamseng: we asked him where he going? wedding dinner? hahahaha :P he says very cold there lar... we cant stop laughing and teasing him :P hee hee

Bluberi ID is much senior older guy... cant remember how he really looks like but i know quite mature guy.. :P

oic.. hmm basic reno go straight to contractors much better lor.. since u dont need much customised furnitures..

good luck with Ho Bee.. hope u can get a good quote :)

Hi to all,

I need some advices urgently, can someone help? The story is that my home's aluminium grilles are completed and the grille contractor is asking for payment already but I realised that there are scratches here and there. Is it a norm to expect fine scratches on the grilles? Dunno whether to release the last payment to him. Someone please advice, thanks...

actually it depends on how bad are the scratches

if it's barely visible, only can feel when you run your hands along the surface then i think it's acceptable. but if when you look at the grilles all you can see are the scratches, then you should demand that they change it or at least do something about it

actually it depends on how bad are the scratches

if it's barely visible, only can feel when you run your hands along the surface then i think it's acceptable. but if when you look at the grilles all you can see are the scratches, then you should demand that they change it or at least do something about it

hi AppleFreak,

Thanks for the advise...In that case, I think I have to accept the grilles already.

Hmm..... I dun really like to grill up my balcony. look like a cage to me. was thinking of doing a grill door at the glass door instead. so it serves the safety purpose but i can still walk out to the balcony to get some open space whenever i like. anyone has done this before? or is there any cons on this method? :dunno:

more expensive?

more like cage?

doing grilles for my home coz got specific purposes so can't really comment on your idea. sounds like a good idea though :dunno:

Yup. the contractor quoted me abt $900 for the door. guess it will be much cheaper to do the window instead. but i was thinking that if its a door, when i push that grill to one side, it will be "hidden" by the glass and curtain, so will look better when needed. but $$$$ is the problem. heehee. :sport-smiley-004: