Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Size Of Grilles Needed

wow $1.2k for all that is quite expensive leh

but guess your ID charge a commission for finding the correct person to do the work

hopefully i will not need to shift any points or switches

still not sure what air-con to get

between inverter and non-inverter, and between mitsu elec or daikin

see how first lah...

so excited!:sport-smiley-004: getting my keys tomorrow!:(

11 more hours to go

i tink so other ID charge more.. i hope the electrician is licensed one...

i actually wanted to get inverter but since oni 2 of us n seldom use the rest of the aircon, we decided on non-inverter instead. cheaper also.

congrats on getting ur keys!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

got my keys and checked out the place liao

the aluminium window frames are oxidising rather badly

the list of defects think will be at least two pages long

the kitchen wasn't as big as i thought it would be

and the pipes in the yard makes it so difficult to fit my washer and dryer :dunno:

just went down to an ID firm which is having a promotion

getting a quote from them to see how it goes coz having a real BIG problem fitting two wardrobes and one queen bed into the MBR. it's really odd shaped and i'd rather not have the bed facing the window or doors. bad enough that the window took one wall and the two doors took the other, the protruding beams makes it so much worse

will try to go look at lights at chan huat along balestier rd to see if i can find lights within my budget. most prob will be buying a oulin sink and a fujioh stove. think the ikea chair also got to wait liao :(

congrats on ur collection of keys applefreak :dunno:

slowly compare whether u want ID or contractor.. both have their pros and cons...

find one u feel comfortable and hope things goes smoothly for u :(

got my keys and checked out the place liao

the aluminium window frames are oxidising rather badly

the list of defects think will be at least two pages long

the kitchen wasn't as big as i thought it would be

and the pipes in the yard makes it so difficult to fit my washer and dryer :lol:

just went down to an ID firm which is having a promotion

getting a quote from them to see how it goes coz having a real BIG problem fitting two wardrobes and one queen bed into the MBR. it's really odd shaped and i'd rather not have the bed facing the window or doors. bad enough that the window took one wall and the two doors took the other, the protruding beams makes it so much worse

will try to go look at lights at chan huat along balestier rd to see if i can find lights within my budget. most prob will be buying a oulin sink and a fujioh stove. think the ikea chair also got to wait liao :lol:

my window frames were quite ok except for the paint that were stained on them when the unit was repainted last nov. yes, the defects list should be quite long.

like i said earlier, the kitchen is nt as big as u seen on the floorplan. in fact abt 1ft shorter in actual length. do take the measurement between the washing machine tap n service yard window before u built the kerb.

how come u are putting two wardrobes in the MBR. we oni built an 8ft wardrobe and the bed is opp. the wardrobe. do u feel the MBR is actually the smallest among the 3 BRs? i had to box up the beam so that i could put my bed.

for mi, the lights n toilet accessories has almost squeezed us out liao but i'll by hook or crook squeeze some $$ for the ikea swinging chair. i want everything to be do by the end of reno except the bulk furniture like sofa, dining table n bed.

i've went to my unit last evening hoping to remove the leftover floor tiles b4 the HDB contractors came over to do the retification. alas, they were faster than mi.. removed the leftover floor tiles fm my household shelter already.

my defects are in the midst of rectification and this is wat they did to rectify my defects... they're oni trying to fool HB n mi thru, nt solve the problem. do check carefully when they are going to handover the flat after rectification.

- one cracked wall tile below the service yard window ---> contractor used white cement to seal the crack coz the colour is abt the same as the grey wall tiles!! :dunno:

- cracked n badly scratched wall tiles in common toilet ---> cracked wall tiles were changed but nt those scratched ones :(:P

- cement stained balcony n MBR toilet sliding track ---> the cement was indeed scraped off but it also left both sliding tracks was badly scratched. :jail:

- common toilet PVC door bottom part came off ---> contractor used glue to stick it back :bow: wat if it came off again, r they juz going to stick for mi every time until the 1yr warranty period is up??

- my MBR toilet door can still push a big gap open below although it's closed or locked, tis is nt supposed to be like tis for an aluminium bi-fold door. the door can't even by pulled to closed easily ---> nothing done but i've insisted to the officer that the door must be changed

- the cover for my consumer unit was broken ---> was replaced with a cover which looked used and hard to open/close properly. with the cover even come off whenever we tried to close it.

- main door badly scratched ---> contractor tried to even off the scratches n repainted the main door but i still can see the deep scratch.. looked like a scar lor :lol:

HB n mi were very angry upon seeing these type of shoddy rectifications, i called the SK branch office to complaint this afternoon. we paid so much $$ for our unit n this is wat we get when we wan them to rectify our defects. nw i'm not confident if the branch office still can handover the flat to mi by this week so dat my reno can start next wed.

tml still muz call they contractor to buy tiles.

Edited by bluberi

got to go down this weekend to finalise the list of defects coz monday was a little tired and had my exam yesterday so can't do much. this fri another paper so only can do it over the weekend...

but a cursory glance shows that almost nothing is satisfactory!!! the window frames are all oxidised, the paint splatter all over the frames, the door knobs all turn green, the common toilet is SO dirty i didn't even dare give it a second look, the air-con ledge is filled with everything you can imagine - clothes, cig buds and even a tab of pills!:P argh!:(

the MBR will have two wardrobes coz one is my dad's and the other my mum's

they both have so much clothes that they need their own big wardrobe. both their wardrobes are 6ft wide and 6ft high coz they dun want to climb up and down to take things... then the doors and window took two walls, the remaining two walls have protruding pillars and overhead beams. it seems the only way is to put the bed right in the middle of the room :(

not going to built any kerb for the washer coz my washer have 'legs' and dun think will be washing the yard too often :P

being the fickle-minded old me, have decided to go for the franke acquario with full accessories coz managed to get it at $700 from a friend's friend. only $400 more for my dream sink, worth it to me.

now the headache comes for the window grilles coz most say that they dun have it for grilles, but they have the design for gates so can ask the factory to custom make. thing is, some charge extra and some don't. then those who don't charge more expensive for other things. so it's like i under charge for some and over charge for others. now waiting for the quotes to slowly come in and make a comparison before i commit since i have all the time in the world whilst waiting for hdb to start the rectifications :P

the bed can't put in the middle of the room leh. according to fengshui, the bed muz be against the wall. can't put under beam or window. the wall of the MBR entrance will be for my wardrobe, toilet n window wall nothing... than the wall opp the wardrobe will be box up so we wun be sleeping under the beam. tink the same goes for sofa n study table, can't be under the beam.

my aircon ledge also got alot of things. comb, cigg butts, towel, plastic bag and even underwear!! my mum used a stick to push the underwear downstairs.

door knobs turned green. seem like urs is in a much worse situation than my unit. is ur floor tiles the old pink ones or the new white tiles with tink of pinkish?

i'm going down to my unit on sat too. muz see how much defects they have completed against my defect list. i tink muz always call SK branch office to push them on the defects, else they do things beri slow.

Edited by bluberi

my toilet and room door is on the same wall

then the window is on the opposite door

so left the two walls both got beams

then can box up if not no space for the wardrobe

really headache

only my unit is the pink ones, all my neighbours have light beige

my neighbour told us they only recently came down to replace the tiles

didn't see any tiles in the HHS, so i assume they already removed the spare ones :notti:

me going down this weekend with my family to check the defects

esp hollow tiles coz it seems that the tiles are uneven still

my toilet and room door is on the same wall

then the window is on the opposite door

so left the two walls both got beams

then can box up if not no space for the wardrobe

really headache

only my unit is the pink ones, all my neighbours have light beige

my neighbour told us they only recently came down to replace the tiles

didn't see any tiles in the HHS, so i assume they already removed the spare ones :notti:

me going down this weekend with my family to check the defects

esp hollow tiles coz it seems that the tiles are uneven still

yes, the toilet is on the same wall as the door. opp tis wall will be the window. so u'll be left wif 2 walls to put the bed. i box up the side where the air-con ledge is to put my bed.

pink tiles? dats supposed to be the old tiles leh.. maybe different blk different colour tiles... but cannot be ba... my opp. door neighbour has the old pink tiles. can take photo of ur tile n show mi?

:) bluberi, must scold them one.. i already did the gentle and reminder never work on them...

just be fierce to them... call them until they fed up... haha :unsure:

:) bluberi, must scold them one.. i already did the gentle and reminder never work on them...

just be fierce to them... call them until they fed up... haha :unsure:

odie, i tink i call SK branch office every 2-3 days. tml morning going down to check wat defects has been rectified. the kitchen n service yard better be hacked liao.

went down today and took some pix but lazy to upload

will do it tomorrow

somehow everytime i go down to the new place end up feeling very sapped, dun know is the excitement or what...

didn't do a good job checking for hollow tiles, just knock knock a bit here a bit there

think tomorrow must be a good girl and go down to do a thorough check

but knock knock a bit also can find two hollow tiles

you think should i live with it or complain?

went down to goodfurn at bt timah s.c. and my father is finally happy with the bookshelf they sell there. they use teak veneer so it looks very nice and the door is teak with glass so feels sturdy too. one big burden lifted off my shoulders :dancingqueen:

still dead-set on having a L-shaped kitchen, think will get an ID and leave the headache to him/her. bluberi, how's your ID so far? such a coincidence that both you and oldie is using someone from *****. where are they located? maybe i should pay them a visit too.

went down today and took some pix but lazy to upload

will do it tomorrow

somehow everytime i go down to the new place end up feeling very sapped, dun know is the excitement or what...

didn't do a good job checking for hollow tiles, just knock knock a bit here a bit there

think tomorrow must be a good girl and go down to do a thorough check

but knock knock a bit also can find two hollow tiles

you think should i live with it or complain?

went down to goodfurn at bt timah s.c. and my father is finally happy with the bookshelf they sell there. they use teak veneer so it looks very nice and the door is teak with glass so feels sturdy too. one big burden lifted off my shoulders !!

still dead-set on having a L-shaped kitchen, think will get an ID and leave the headache to him/her. bluberi, how's your ID so far? such a coincidence that both you and oldie is using someone from *****. where are they located? maybe i should pay them a visit too.

hd a busy day today... started off with a visit to our nest at 11.30am. glad to see the kitchen and service yard floor has been hacked. some major defects also done... looking at it, tink all the defects should be rectified in another week's time. after dat still went bridal shop for appointment. evening time went swimming. tink i half dead liao.

eh, i didn't even bother to knock the tiles since it was new. tried to do so in my MBR but gave up after knocking oni 1/2 the room. !!

glad to hear dat u haf at least settled on the book shelf.

oh, u still wan the L shape kitchen? my ID ar... so far so good lor. i oni knew odie engaged ***** after i came to tis forum. our ID office is at Kaki Bukit Rd 1, Blk 7 Eunos Technolink. tml i'll be meeting my ID again coz i wan to re-choose the colours for my carpentry.

btw, i'm nt getting my swing chair fm Ikea liao. will get the swing chair from the LifeShop at Raffles City. oni $149 and includes the chain for hanging n cushion. the price is oni $40++ more than the ikea one. it's the same chair that fellow forumer elmoboy has gotten.

took a good look and realise that the tiles are not really pink

dun know how to describe and the colour doesn't show on the photo

it's more peach and tinges of it, like different shades of peach like that

found a few hollow tiles but dun know should continue to find out or just forget it

confirmed defects are the window frames, the common toilet

think will do what some of the forummers did - wash the floor to see if there are cracks on the tiles. it's so dirty that even if there are cracks or chips i also cannot see.

hopefully the hdb officer will be quick in rectifying the defects

so envy your reno going to start soon

you will be seeing your empty flat turned into your home :P

can't wait for my turn!!!

wow, the hanging chair is worth it!

when i've settled everything else and have spare budget, may go for it too

now having big headache, me being the same old fickle-minded me

changed my mind about the sink liao, not buying a hob also (will bring old one from home)

hopefully i won't change my mind too late in the renovation process !!

took a good look and realise that the tiles are not really pink

dun know how to describe and the colour doesn't show on the photo

it's more peach and tinges of it, like different shades of peach like that

found a few hollow tiles but dun know should continue to find out or just forget it

confirmed defects are the window frames, the common toilet

think will do what some of the forummers did - wash the floor to see if there are cracks on the tiles. it's so dirty that even if there are cracks or chips i also cannot see.

hopefully the hdb officer will be quick in rectifying the defects

so envy your reno going to start soon

you will be seeing your empty flat turned into your home :P

can't wait for my turn!:D

wow, the hanging chair is worth it!

when i've settled everything else and have spare budget, may go for it too

now having big headache, me being the same old fickle-minded me

changed my mind about the sink liao, not buying a hob also (will bring old one from home)

hopefully i won't change my mind too late in the renovation process :P

today i called the HDB officer again, she still can't confirm with mi if the defects can be done by this week. on the other hand, my ID keeps on asking mi to push HDB officer to complete the defects by tis week so i can start reno asap. i'm stuck in between!:P

yeah, the swing chair is really worth it!! can't wait to get it.