Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

About $75USD. Free shipping for orders above $125USD.

I checked amazon, it did not state free international shipping for orders above 125.. you wrote an email to customer service to get it?

Its ok, i get other types.

...bleh i couldnt find one that comes with cleaver thats available for free international shipping...

Edited by Changbp

Your drawers look so tidy. An OCDer's dream come true :D

Hehehe. I wish they can stay this tidy all the time! hahaha.

I checked amazon, it did not state free international shipping for orders above 125.. you wrote an email to customer service to get it?

Its ok, i get other types.

...bleh i couldnt find one that comes with cleaver thats available for free international shipping...

Not sure did they change their free shipping terms. Heh. Mine was free when i ordered in Dec =)

Hob, Hood, Oven

Initially, we ordered Bosch Hob & Hood + Ariston Build-in Oven with HoeKee. As I did some price comparison before going to their showroom, I know there is another shop offering a better price for the Hob & Hood set. So when I told them about it, they match the prices I found, and to make things even better, they gave us an even lower prices! Doing homework paid off! :thumbs up: We also decided to get their Ariston build-in oven which was on sale.

Then 1 fine day (I think it's a PH Friday night)... we went to GC @ Sungei Kadut to take a look at other appliances. When we passed by their Hob-Hood-Oven area, I just can't help but to go and check out their prices. (It's not the first time I do that when we visit electronics shops...and usually their hob & hood set prices are not very competitive.) To our surprise, they were having a Bosch Hob+Hood+Oven set promotion that particular PH weekend! When I did a calculation, to my horror, the set at GC made the Bosch Oven cheaper than the Ariston Oven we ordered! :jawdrop: (it's a horror because I prefer Bosch Oven but it's always so ka-ching$$$! lol.)

So we (very quickly) went back to HoeKee that Sunday and showed them the Hob+Hood+Oven set promotion price (photo evidence is powerful haha). The sales lady was very nice and quickly texted her boss whether can they match the price for me. Usually they can make the decision themselves...but this promo set price is way below they margin so they have to get boss' approval lol. To our delight, the boss agreed! (The boss actually saw the GC promo in newspapers and said that such price really no profit for them. But the sales lady told the boss we bought a lot of items from them...so agreed to it lol.) Such a relief! And we are sooo happy to have a full set of Bosch Hob, Hood & Oven! :sport-smiley-004: Here are the items...

gallery_70201_894_6200.jpg

gallery_70201_894_16936.jpg

gallery_70201_894_24281.jpg

I can't wait to start baking with this oven!!!:P And my hubby, who loves to cook, is looking forward to "play" in his new kitchen! :D ***dreaming of lunch/dinner parties*** :rofl:

Do u mind sharing the price for these? Can pm me?

Thanks

Hi yakult,

Would of mind pm me the contact and I'd name( avant ga***)?looking for a reliable I'd to renovate my resale house

Thanks

Choosing ID

We met a total of 5 IDs (I "***" their names to be fair to them, as I believe opinions are subjective).

1. C*****n - Ms A & J

They are one of the big ID companies and you can always see them at EXPO exhibition. We met one of their ID in EXPO about 3 years ago after we registered for BTO. The guy was friendly & seems knowledgeable. Their designs looked great too. We told him we will look for him when the date for our keys collection draws nearer. So the past 3 years, we are quite determine to use them. However, when we tried to contact the ID, he cannot be reached. When we went to ask the company, they said he had left the company ><

Anyway, since we shortlisted them so long ago, we decided to sit down & talk to their another ID, Ms. A, about our reno. To cut the long story short... this ID met us once to go through our wishlist & floorplan. Before she could send the quotation to us, she informed me that she is leaving the company ><" Her manager, Ms. J, then took over our case and met us to go through the quotation.

Conclusion: Not taken up. They had the most expensive quote. (But they do give you free upgrades such as all BLUM tracks & Caesarstone. Nothing is free lol)

2. S** 9 Interior - Mr L

Super direct, friendly & genuinely nice guy! He was recommended by our friend whose home was amazingly done up. We went to visit and the design definitely have WOW-factor. Mr Lam had with many years of experience working for the big companies prior to starting his own. Very very friendly & straightforward - which we like. No hidden agenda, no gimmicks. However, he is more of a Contractor-ID... meaning he can suggest some good design ideas along the way but you have to know exactly what you want right from the start. Whatever design we want, he can do it as per pictures/samples we showed him. He will come out with nice 3Ds too.

Conclusion: Sadly we do not know exactly what we want :unsure:. We only know what feel we like when we see certain photos but have no idea how to piece everything together. Hence, we need an ID to help us. For those who know what design you want, I will recommend him.

3. The D****n P******e - Mr R

Knew Mr R (the boss of the firm) through my cousin. He said they are a boutique firm. Went to see his website portfolio and they looked promising. So after 3 rounds of meeting (go through floorplan & quotation), we decided to engage them & paid him S$1.5k design fee. Unfortunately... it was a mistake :( Every time we asked him something via whatsapp, he don't reply for hours & days. He said the 3Ds will be ready in about 2-3 weeks but was delayed for weeks. No explanation was given despite us chasing for it. When he eventually sent us the 3Ds, there were missing views + they looked horrible! The designs were so-template and off-the-rack (remember we paid for design fee). It seems like he had outsource to some pre-graduate student to do the drawings. So flat & ugly! And there was 1 interesting comment he made during one of our meetings: "Now all the young couples usually give me a reno budget of S$100k." SAY WHAT??? It was like a slap in the face that our reno budget of S$40k was too little for him. If he want big fish, then don't accept our project la. Throughout the process ever since we engaged him, he made our dollars felt so tiny & unworthy for him to spend effort on. Because he looked & sounded promising initially, we wanted to use him and cut out sooo many items inside our quotation.

Conclusion: Terminated him. When we politely asked for a partial refund of the design fee, he never even bother to reply. We will totally understand it is business & be okay even if he says cannot. But no reply at all. What attitude. :no: Maybe for those with S$100k reno budget, he will be nicer? hahaha.

4. B-T** - Mr S

Recommended by my friend's neighbor. Mr S is pretty experienced. He told us many renovation problems that he encountered that sometimes cannot be foreseen.

Conclusion: Quotation price is acceptable. However, we do not have chemistry with him.

5. Avant Ga**e C******e - Mr B

Recommended by my friend's husband's ex-colleague (lol). Best attitude ID we met. Here's why:

• Prior to the meeting, same as most IDs, Mr B emailed us and asked for our floor plans + some questions such as the theme we like, budget etc.
  • 1st Meeting: He came with a sketched-up proposal floor plan for us, together with some photos with the designs he think we will like! (based on the answers we gave him) Very impressed that he did his homework because the rest we met always came to the first meeting with empty floor plan.
  • Attitude: He is very sincere to want to do our house reno. Response time to our messages was prompt too.
  • Price: Reasonable. He will try his best to work with the budget given to him. (I heard from him that he did some young couple's home with S$18k-$20k budget because they have kids & really finances really tight... so he will try to help them the best he can.)
Conclusion: We picked him :)

Reno is starting today!​ *YAYYY* He just sent us some photos of the floor protection done and the delivered floor tiles. *excited* :sport-smiley-004: Let's pray our reno journey will be a smooth & on-schedule one! :)

Hi yakult,

Would of mind pm me the contact and I'd name( avant ga***)?looking for a reliable I'd to renovate my resale house

Thanks

PM-ed you! :)

TV Bracket

This topic on tv bracket came up in our neighborhood FB page. So thought I'll share about our adjustable TV mounting bracket here as well :)

When we buy our LG tv, it came with a complimentary fixed wall-mount bracket + installation. However, they have an option to upgrade to an adjustable one. The sales person only tell us we need to top-up $$$ without explaining the worth of it. So we of course said "nah... the free one fixed bracket will do..."

TV mounting service & bracket is provided by LG's agent directly. On the day of installation, the guys were ready to proceed to do the fixed bracket wall mount for us. However, one of them (more senior & looked experienced) told us more about the adjustable bracket. He explain the full good purpose of it, such as... beside being able to adjust the tv angles (e.g. towards dining table), the adjustable bracket could be pulled-out and push-back. This will be easier to plug/unplug any cables when we needed to, or when we want to clean that part of the feature wall. The fixed bracket, on the other hand, is just a hook-on...so it's actually quite dangerous to tilt the TV if we need to plug/unplug cables. It might fall off the hook. :S It's also not convenient to unhook the whole tv just to plug/unplug cables. (but fixed bracket will works fine for smaller TV... we use it for our 32" tv in the bedroom). So we last minute change our mind and change it to an adjustable bracket! Thank God they have extra stock in their van! :D

Been using it for >1 month now. Really useful when the hubby is connecting cables to/from DVD player/soundbar/xBox/whatever. Totally made the right decision to upgrade! :D

Here's how it looks like...

5AD3EC1F-21EB-48AF-9CA3-DF1FB9C99727_zps

43D051B6-6AA2-411C-9412-D8BD63E09D12_zps

Edited by yakult

Renovation Completed Photos!

Finally get the chance to take some live-in photos of our cozy corner over the weekend :D

Here we go...

Entrance
956AD322-7ADD-4E7D-AB16-D2994CD4C0A8_zps

Shoe Cabinets & TV Area
69409CB1-0780-4809-9CA1-A92FBBFFFE7E_zps

Sofa Area (facing TV)
0B11337D-C846-46D8-8DF5-B0BDE81501EA_zps

Dining Area
930FC7E7-0C8B-42BE-99F5-1E6E55B73B59_zps

27AFB31D-15F1-4422-B1DB-A3954BAD00C8_zps

Edited by yakult