Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ttyy

Missing Corner ?

Hi Mr Chong,

I'm puzzled about what this missing corner really means. I mean, it's hard to find a totally square HDB flat these days right? Take mine for instace -

Homefloorplan.jpg

Is any corner missing?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Chong,

I'm puzzled about what this missing corner really means. I mean, it's hard to find a totally square HDB flat these days right? Take mine for instace -

Homefloorplan.jpg

Is any corner missing?

A house is a "connection" with the owner. When a corner is missing, it means a certain direction is not available to be balanced within the house. A direction represents certain aspects or meaning in life. For example, if SW corner is missing, then usually it will spell trouble for the main lady in the house. Usually health can be quite a concern as well.

Hi can Mr Chong pls help to advise on my new house plan? The MBR has a missing corner... also the main door is facing the living room window (opposite my block is another block with similar layout facing us. ie. their living room window face our living room window. The block is about 20 meters apart). Lastly, the bedroom 2 door will face the toilet door, does it matter? Thanks.

househy6.jpg

Edited by Brainstorm

Hi can Mr Chong pls help to advise on my new house plan? The MBR has a missing corner... also the main door is facing the living room window (opposite my block is another block with similar layout facing us. ie. their living room window face our living room window. The block is about 20 meters apart). Lastly, the bedroom 2 door will face the toilet door, does it matter? Thanks.

househy6.jpg

Hello

You may like to put cupboards in the missing corner. Young son should not sleep in this room. If occupants in this room have back/ spinal problems or easily get sprains, let me know.

Since there's a block 20m away from your living balcony, then its alright. Don't worry.

Keep the toilet door close all the time should help.

Hello

You may like to put cupboards in the missing corner. Young son should not sleep in this room. If occupants in this room have back/ spinal problems or easily get sprains, let me know.

Since there's a block 20m away from your living balcony, then its alright. Don't worry.

Keep the toilet door close all the time should help.

Thanks Mr Chong. We intend to build a walk-in closet across the missing corner all the way to the toilet wall, so the room will still look square when you enter the room.

This room will be use by me and my wife. My wife have frequent back ache and often sprain easily. In fact, my present bedroom also have a missing corner. What can we do to help?

As for the direction of the bed, can we place against the reinforced wall or the toilet wall or the walk-in closet's false wall?

Just curious, what happen if our kids stay in this bedroom?

Thank you so much for helping. :D

Thanks Mr Chong. We intend to build a walk-in closet across the missing corner all the way to the toilet wall, so the room will still look square when you enter the room.

This room will be use by me and my wife. My wife have frequent back ache and often sprain easily. In fact, my present bedroom also have a missing corner. What can we do to help?

As for the direction of the bed, can we place against the reinforced wall or the toilet wall or the walk-in closet's false wall?

Just curious, what happen if our kids stay in this bedroom?

Thank you so much for helping. :notti:

Hello

That is a good idea but it is preferred that you use part as storage if possible. The reason is that I prefer that you don't open the wardrobe too often.

We'll observe further about your wife after the installation of the wardrobe. Haha....you didn't read my other posts. Such info are all there. Anyway, you have to place against the reinforced wall since there's not much choice.

If you have your young son sleeping together with you in this room before the wardrobe installation, he will take the rap and pain from your wife. It will be even worst as compared to your wife.

Hello

That is a good idea but it is preferred that you use part as storage if possible. The reason is that I prefer that you don't open the wardrobe too often.

We'll observe further about your wife after the installation of the wardrobe. Haha....you didn't read my other posts. Such info are all there. Anyway, you have to place against the reinforced wall since there's not much choice.

If you have your young son sleeping together with you in this room before the wardrobe installation, he will take the rap and pain from your wife. It will be even worst as compared to your wife.

Thank you. Still trying to catch up with all the threads, there are just too much to read.. ha ha.

My present bedroom also have the same missing corner and we built a walk-in closet across it and my two boys are sleeping with us. So does it mean that as long as we keep the closet door close most of the time it will help to reduce the effect? Pls advise. Thanks again.

Edited by Brainstorm

Hi Mr Chong,

Also this is what we intend to do for the new house. Pls advise further. Thank you.

house3ta5.jpg

Edited by Brainstorm

Thank you. Still trying to catch up with all the threads, there are just too much to read.. ha ha.

My present bedroom also have the same missing corner and we built a walk-in closet across it and my two boys are sleeping with us. So does it mean that as long as we keep the closet door close most of the time it will help to reduce the effect? Pls advise. Thanks again.

Not only that, you got to minimise the use of the door.

Not only that, you got to minimise the use of the door.

Thanks Mr Chong. Can help to advise on the placement of my kitchen stove, sink, fridge? Anything else we need to take note? Cheers.

My friend is suggesting to swop the gas and sink location (ie. gas at sink location and sink at gas location) Is it ok? Thanks.

Thanks Mr Chong. Can help to advise on the placement of my kitchen stove, sink, fridge? Anything else we need to take note? Cheers.

Brainstorm

Your kitchen is quite alright. Don't need to do anything.

Is there any reason why you want to place the study desk as indicated?

Keep the bomb shelter door close all the time and try not to use it often other then storing.

Brainstorm

Your kitchen is quite alright. Don't need to do anything.

Is there any reason why you want to place the study desk as indicated?

Keep the bomb shelter door close all the time and try not to use it often other then storing.

Mr Chong

thanks you very much for all the precious advice !

There is no particular reason to place the study desk as indicated ! Any advise in where to place the desk?

May i know , i have a sword (military sword)

should i display it or should i keep it !

If can display, where?

If keep , keep in the store room or in the rooms ?

Thank you

Mr Chong

thanks you very much for all the precious advice !

There is no particular reason to place the study desk as indicated ! Any advise in where to place the desk?

May i know , i have a sword (military sword)

should i display it or should i keep it !

If can display, where?

If keep , keep in the store room or in the rooms ?

Thank you

Hello Brainstorm

If there is no reason, then I suggest that you either shift it to the centre or at the other end.

Is there any history to this military sword? If it is an ordinary sword used in marching/parade during NSF, you can keep inside the store room or hang it in your study at the current desk position (not shifted yet)either at the back or left wall.

Hello Brainstorm

If there is no reason, then I suggest that you either shift it to the centre or at the other end.

Is there any history to this military sword? If it is an ordinary sword used in marching/parade during NSF, you can keep inside the store room or hang it in your study at the current desk position (not shifted yet)either at the back or left wall.

Thank you Mr Chong. There is no history, its just my NSF commissioning sword. :sport-smiley-004: