Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alprakas

The First Blog Entry Ever!

Hey Alprakas! It's actually quite standard for tile laying to be $10 psf. It takes into account the workmanship of the tiler and you'll want an experienced tiler. I've been quoted $10 psf from my contractor as well. You might wanna consider overlaying w vinyl instead?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello alprakas! Can't wait to see your WIW + studies idea come alive! :D

Initially, my hubby & I had a similar idea of doing 1/2 WIW + 1/2 studies to our bedroom2 & combine it to our MBR. The study room will only be accessible through MBR, which seems to gives so much feel of serenity~ :rolleyes: But we didn't do it in the end as we want to keep the bedroom2 in case we need it next time.

Looking forward to your updates! :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by yakult

Hi Malaxo and Lazyfatcat007, all the IDs are also suggesting doing a Vinyl overlaying. But I just can't shrug off the fear or water going in through the vinyl and making my floor smelly... Which brand of Vinyl have you guys used by the way?

Thanks Fatcat, really dreamt of having a bathtub in my house for a long time.. So hopefully we can get this one...

Does anyone have any experience with this brand by the way? SSWW.. this is the company for the whirlpool bath I am looking at..

Hi Yakult, yes we also had the same discussion a few times.. In the end we decided to have that and add a day bed in the living room near the window to double as a settee as well.. :) let's see how it turns out in the end...

I'm only getting my resale keys on Wednesday so have not confirmed on my vinyl flooring. However, I've narrowed down to Ecopluz (6mm), Wood Culture or Berry Alloc.

We will only be getting our keys in the last week of February.

I went to Hafary this last Sunday and saw the Wood culture showroom there, but apparently the lady working there was on leave. So I could not talk to anyone to convince me in favor of Vinyl. I will likely go with tiles and just overlay on the existing floor. Hopefully, they dont pop out anytime soon...

Fatcat: no no, I hope that doesnt happen... :)

Edited by alprakas

Hey Fatcat, I see, so did they do any extra waterproofing in the kitchen before overlaying the tiles? Thanks!

Yesterday, I went to my unit with a contractor and he spotted a big crack in the ceiling just on top of the hob/hood area. I hope this can be rectified by the current owner before we get the keys in about 3 weeks time... Lets see.

I dun think they did extra waterproofing since inherent structure not destroyed. Only in the toilet they did the waterproofing.

Ask the owner to repair! So long as you have not collected the keys...

Hey Fatcat, I see, so did they do any extra waterproofing in the kitchen before overlaying the tiles? Thanks!

Yesterday, I went to my unit with a contractor and he spotted a big crack in the ceiling just on top of the hob/hood area. I hope this can be rectified by the current owner before we get the keys in about 3 weeks time... Lets see.

Yesterday we went to Excel hardware shop in Admiralty street, Sembawang.. D@mn they have an extensive collection of kitchen drawers, many of which look quite useful.. I want to ask you experts if there are any more shops like that, that we can check out?

Edited by alprakas

hi hi..

your 3D looks awesome!

kitchen drawers? can consider song cho?

u decided on vinyl flooring?

recently my friend renovated her house and she overlayed with vinyl!totally no gap at all!! very nice and easy to maintain.. u can consider.. it's cheaper alternative..

have u decided on ID/contrator?

staying tune to see your WIW and study come alive! looks really awesome!

I have some special plans for the current master bedroom! :D

We want to hack a wall and partition the current master bedroom into two halves and use Bedroom 2 as my eventual master bedroom. One half of the old master bedroom will be a sort of wardrobe area and the other half, we plan to use as a library/study area. For the partition, I wish to build a full height wardrobe in the middle of the room as shown in the modified floorplan below. Of course we will need to hack a bit of wall in the master bedroom and move the door more towards the living room side.

I know this idea very well. Matter of fact I have a full size sample to show.

Let me know if you are keen to view. :notti:

Sorry guys, been a while since I updated here.. I guess all of us are celebrating the Chinese New Year.. Me just celebrating the holidays.. we came back from a quick overseas trip late last week, lot of pending work right now though.. all business as usual.. Anyway, we will be collecting the keys soon, so I hope the work will start soon and there will be lot more updates here!

And Happy belated Chinese New Year to all of you! :)

hi hi..

your 3D looks awesome!

kitchen drawers? can consider song cho?

u decided on vinyl flooring?

recently my friend renovated her house and she overlayed with vinyl!totally no gap at all!! very nice and easy to maintain.. u can consider.. it's cheaper alternative..

have u decided on ID/contrator?

staying tune to see your WIW and study come alive! looks really awesome!

Hey twinklecloud, Thanks! It is actually quite fun to use them, given that one has enough time.. :D

For the kitchen drawers, can you tell me more about song cho please? Havent heard about them.. would be nice to compare prices with Excel...

Actually I decided against vinyl flooring in the end... Likely going to overlay tiles on the existing tiles, I know it is not the preferred solution, but sometimes no choice...For Vinyl, I cannot shake the feeling off that water might go inside through the click-based interlocking mechanism and moulds will grow underneath! :( We have almost decided the ID, this week going to collect the keys first, then we will make our final decision... lets see how that goes...

Haha The WIW wardrobe, I hope it turns out as well as we hope.. All depends on the contractor and his carpenters in the end I guess..

I know this idea very well. Matter of fact I have a full size sample to show.

Let me know if you are keen to view. :notti:

Hey OceanEleven, for sure I would like to view.. can you please send me some pictures! Very appreciated.