Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nerrad

Avoid Aeratron Ae3 Fans At All Cost

Yes, I bought 8 Aeratron AE3 ceiling fans of various sizes for my parents' home, and all of them were so ridiculously slow that I absolutely regretted not buying KDK fans instead.

When contacting the supplier, they simply said that "this fan is supposed to be a bit slower".

Huh? How come you never tell me this model is "supposed to be slower" when I was buying, and only tell me this after i have installed everything?

The biggest mistake I made was to believe my friend's good reviews about his aeratron fan. When showed him the slow-moving ceiling fan, he told me that that's also what's happening at his place, and he got used to it because he always turn on the air-con together with the fan.

Shocking!

Please DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL if you are like me, who simply want a strong ceiling fan who can function on their own satisfactorily!

There is no word to describe the pain of seeing 8 ceiling fans that turn so slowly till you can see the blades clearly while they turn, generating close to no wind, and being told that they are supposed to be like that!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Nerrad,

With due respect, could you tell us

1. What are the various size you bought?

2. Which supplier you bought it from?

3. How much you bought? ( a range and no need to be precise)

4. Can you post your pics you the 8 pieces of the fans?

For your info, there is only one supplier here in Singapore, that is why I am interested which supplier you bought it from.

20160309_092612_zpse7aasuou.jpg~original

Edited by KenCan

I'm a happy and proud owner of two Aeratron fans. My experience is vastly different from the OP. 

I have a 60" and 48", and they both live up to my expectations. Knowing that it's a DC motor fan, I understood that the blades move slower than a regular AC motor fan (like most KDKs). Have you tried Haiku? It's pretty similar in terms of airflow - I think Aeratron is slightly stronger at full speed, but that's just my opinion. I have the 60" in my living room, about 5-6 meters away from my dining table and I'm feeling the wind from the fan.

At lowest two speeds, you can't feel much, but that's more for ventilation or if you are just under the fan (like in the bedroom).

Also worth noting that while researching to buy a Haiku or Aeratron, I found out that Elmark sells fake Aeratron (as stated on Aeratron's official site: http://aeratron.com/distributors/) I'm not sure if you bought it from Aerahaus? I dealt with Aaron and he was very responsive and reliable - one of my fans had a very faint noise after installation and he came down personally with his installer to make sure that the replacement one was noise-free!

91b55wf.jpg

9SesjaT.jpg

Hi kyojin,

Can I check with you which model is your aeratron fans? You mentioned you got the 60" and 48" fans but I could only find 43" 50" 60" in the singapore website. I am looking for the 48" model

On 6/14/2016 at 11:09 PM, fireforge said:

Hi kyojin,

Can I check with you which model is your aeratron fans? You mentioned you got the 60" and 48" fans but I could only find 43" 50" 60" in the singapore website. I am looking for the 48" model

i saw there's only these 3 sizes from the sole distributor, ts brought from D*S?