Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

3 hours ago, everlasting86 said:

Is it me or this looks like Keat Hong Mirage?

It is you... lolll

Cos this is indeed Keat Hong Mirage... 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
34 minutes ago, Reiken said:

It is you... lolll

Cos this is indeed Keat Hong Mirage... 

Hi neighbor! I'm from Keat Hong Quad, that's why I think the exterior looks so familiar, haha!

Few days ago I blogged about me having trouble with my BSC.. after the quarrel... I must thank them.. they expedite the whole process of replacing the chipped tiles and also the rest of the rectification of defects... so reno can start on Monday!!!

Went to tampoi to buy fino 2 and look at lights prices.. guys.. dun say I dun share... they are having hari raya sales and fino 2 is going for 30% off.. hence I got it for 1001 ringgit.. usual price 1400++ ringgit.. do the math with 1sgd to 3 ringgit.. 

20160606_005708.jpg

300 plus sgd for fino2.. I think it is a good price... 

• Like 1

Hi, 

After looking at the defects I think I better engage the "inspector" too. Btw can I know which block is this. Mine is 817C but still no news of the key collection. HLE just approved. 

Thanks

Zilah

On 2 June 2016 at 0:23 AM, Reiken said:

After collection of keys, I engaged Absolute Inspection to inspect the defects of my house... Is it required? honestly I dun think so... since I am doing reno... but becos I am kind of lazy, and also dun really know how to check... and I got tiles from HDB, I decided to spend a bit more to buy assurance...Anyway, some seniors say, use marble or coin knock knock will know... but i really dunno... and maybe lazy...

To my amazement, I did not know there are so many that are considered as defects (which BSC agreed during joint inspection).. OMG... A little read up on Absolute Inspection will know that the boss, used to be a scholar from BCA... so I think he know the limits whether which is defect and which are within the tolerance...  Below are the pics with taggings... like free of charge like that... lucky no hollow tiles... 

20160514_125023.jpg

20160514_125101.jpg

20160514_125119.jpg

20160514_125148.jpg

20160514_125219.jpg

20160514_125255.jpg

Woah!!! And I thought I was already quite extreme when I submitted 3 pages of defects.

2 hours ago, Zilah said:

Hi, 

After looking at the defects I think I better engage the "inspector" too. Btw can I know which block is this. Mine is 817C but still no news of the key collection. HLE just approved. 

Thanks

Zilah

Hi Zilah,

mine is 817A

1 hour ago, Changbp said:

Woah!!! And I thought I was already quite extreme when I submitted 3 pages of defects.

My unit is famous with the BSC alr... I heard they have someone in my estate with 158 defects... Mine 63

Work has started since yesterday... From what I heard from E, yesterday was protection, today is hacking and tmr clearing debris.. My wife went down just now after work to see see... was quite amazed, hacking and clearing of debris has been done (so so so fast)... Surreal feeling... was very excited when she said arrive, and sending me the pictures while im still in office working.. wifey say must credit her for the photos :rolleyes:

IMG-20160607-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20160607-WA0011.jpg

Last Sat we received the 3D from E. The first draft I honestly think was okay, but totally failed the scandi attempt I was looking at... I guess me and my wife are really really not designer background... lol.. making changes to the colours, and hopefully bring me closer to the feel ba... we changed some colours and received the 2nd drafts today... still awaiting one more colour change from E for Living Room and maybe we will tweak here and there abit more...

Living Room

1st draft

IMG-20160604-WA0001.jpg

2nd draft

IMG-20160607-WA0002.jpg

Kitchen

1st draft

IMG-20160604-WA0002.jpg

2nd draft

IMG-20160607-WA0003.jpg

MBR

1st draft

IMG-20160604-WA0003.jpg

2nd draft

IMG-20160607-WA0001.jpg

First draft I was more daring, as wifey wanted black track lights, this light at dining

Capture_1.jpg

and becos my estate's window are black... so i put in black frames, black ABS trimmings etc. As I am using 10.2 of Kompac plus for the table top for my Kitchen and the island in the Living room, I chose the laminate closest to 10.2 to give a more consistent look... I must say, the laminate looks quite disaster in 3D... Hence I am changing the laminate in living room... Its a learning experience, but a headache one... Hence i strongly recommend go to J&E if you have an idea of what you want... I have an idea, but I think I think too highly of myself...  :bangwall:

I also think the flooring plays a part for that "scandi" feel... One good example is from xhomesweethomex's house... You can take a look at his/her house from http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/71341-theoverusewoodwhiteblack-theme-home/

the house was overlay-ed a year after reno and in my opinion, further improve the look of the house... Too bad, no budget liao... Need to save more $$$, maybe also after a year den overlay ba.....

Edited by Reiken

10 hours ago, Reiken said:

Work has started since yesterday... From what I heard from E, yesterday was protection, today is hacking and tmr clearing debris.. My wife went down just now after work to see see... was quite amazed, hacking and clearing of debris has been done (so so so fast)... Surreal feeling... was very excited when she said arrive, and sending me the pictures while im still in office working.. wifey say must credit her for the photos :rolleyes:

IMG-20160607-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20160607-WA0011.jpg

Last Sat we received the 3D from E. The first draft I honestly think was okay, but totally failed the scandi attempt I was looking at... I guess me and my wife are really really not designer background... lol.. making changes to the colours, and hopefully bring me closer to the feel ba... we changed some colours and received the 2nd drafts today... still awaiting one more colour change from E for Living Room and maybe we will tweak here and there abit more...

Living Room

1st draft

IMG-20160604-WA0001.jpg

2nd draft

IMG-20160607-WA0002.jpg

Kitchen

1st draft

IMG-20160604-WA0002.jpg

2nd draft

IMG-20160607-WA0003.jpg

MBR

1st draft

IMG-20160604-WA0003.jpg

2nd draft

IMG-20160607-WA0001.jpg

First draft I was more daring, as wifey wanted black track lights, this light at dining

Capture_1.jpg

and becos my estate's window are black... so i put in black frames, black ABS trimmings etc. As I am using 10.2 of Kompac plus for the table top for my Kitchen and the island in the Living room, I chose the laminate closest to 10.2 to give a more consistent look... I must say, the laminate looks quite disaster in 3D... Hence I am changing the laminate in living room... Its a learning experience, but a headache one... Hence i strongly recommend go to J&E if you have an idea of what you want... I have an idea, but I think I think too highly of myself...  :bangwall:

I also think the flooring plays a part for that "scandi" feel... One good example is from xhomesweethomex's house... You can take a look at his/her house from http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/71341-theoverusewoodwhiteblack-theme-home/

the house was overlay-ed a year after reno and in my opinion, further improve the look of the house... Too bad, no budget liao... Need to save more $$$, maybe also after a year den overlay ba.....

Hello! 

Am liking your first draft living room + 2nd draft kitchen combined! haha!

and yes, you can always overlay the flooring at a later stage if you are on budget like me. :lol::lol:

For now, i think your 3D draft looks good!

Just came back from overseas. E informed me that my common bathroom has stones in the floor trap, hence arrange for a joint inspection again with BSC (yes... they just come up see then orh... like that also must arrange joint inspection which takes less than 1 min..)

When I reach, E was in the house... and the reason why he is there is

20160614_153800.jpg

20160614_153804.jpg

Overlaying of toilet in process!!! Wifey loves the colour and she say got feel... due to taking photo using phone and anyhow take, the colour does not look correct.. real life, really quite nice... For all your information, these 2 colours are the colours of J&E toilet.... Yes... she reach their office she say got feel... straightaway ask E for the tiles code at Hafary... J & E commented that like that the reno of their toilet worth it....

Btw... my MBR wardrobe/study/dressing laminate also copy J&E office laminate :P... sibe copy cat...

Rush to Castlery and finally decided to finalise the Sofa, dining table and tv console etc.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3_1.jpg

4.jpg

After which, went to Ikea to look at lights again... After looking at taobao so long, I really dunno should get from Taobao or Ikea.... I mean Taobao has something similar or very simple kind... but its around the same price as Ikea... is there a reason why pple dun buy lights from Ikea?? Looking at the lightings in Ikea, where I can see and touch, I am leaning towards getting from Ikea (although I may need to DIY to spray paint white for some model).

20160614_193239.jpg

20160614_191919.jpg

20160614_191758.jpg

Just before my overseas trip, received the last update from E with regards to my 3D. This is the living room 3D i requested with a change of laminate. 

IMG-20160609-WA0000.jpg

I edit abit with some free program to see what if it is with black track lights.

20160609_113715.png

Leaning towards white lights and fans, which is why i may need to spray paint white for the pendant lights above island (yes its not track lights above island).

Also because Im in love with the light laminates, I decided I could not get TV console from Taobao (which looks more brown). Surprisingly, the TV console from castlery match the laminate I chose.

Edited by Reiken

Ikea fan here, so a bit biased, but I think Ikea lights are generally okay as well, I've had a few of them for many years and they are still holding up.

Plus they have a 100 day change-your-mind return policy which might be better than TB.

But then, I'm not a TB user, so I'll leave someone else to explain maybe whether TB better than Ikea for lights.

7 hours ago, lxjy said:

Hi can i have J&E contact

Thanks

Pmed

12 hours ago, ricepapergirl said:

Ikea fan here, so a bit biased, but I think Ikea lights are generally okay as well, I've had a few of them for many years and they are still holding up.

Plus they have a 100 day change-your-mind return policy which might be better than TB.

But then, I'm not a TB user, so I'll leave someone else to explain maybe whether TB better than Ikea for lights.

I'll still get maybe track lights from TB... but the pendant... really haven found the very very very nice kind... 

Today is a day of 2 extremes.... First I was happy as the bathroom was nearly done.... "prep" for aircon installation... Then my aircon trunking came with the very nice guy from Gain city... He is very nice cos he explained alot, and he try to contact me when I am away discussing with J&E on carpentry.... He try to go the extra mile, send me pics and talk to me on phone to make me understand what is to be done for my Masterbedroom... seems like J&E needs to box up the trunking with some wood material to hold the aircon, cos it overshoot some wall... Then it became much clearer after I see the after installation... Cant blame the nice guy from Gain City... But I blame the architect of HDB... seriously... haix... the pictures below will explain why I am so upset......

My house is a mess... which is good in a way, cos it just shows everything is moving... still on schedule...

20160615_151944.jpg

Kitchen Base in done up with cement sink support (that will be tiled later)... Strongly suggest cement sink support, in case water leaking or what, your carpentry won't kena... many ID does not recommend, but most good contractor / older pple that I met strongly suggest... though extra cost, I believe in buying insurance...

20160615_150811.jpg

20160615_152205.jpg

My aircon guys and tilers working together lol... Cover their face cos the aircon guy keeps complain about online pple, say his colleagues and frens keep kena from complains from online pple... but he seems like a nice guy to me... hopefully his workmanship is the same as the feel he gave me... pray hard no leaking or trouble...anyway I bought extended warranty from gain city (pay alot higher to buy insurance again)...

20160615_224400.jpg

And my sadness came... this is the got "feel" wall...

20160614_153800.jpg

It only last a single day... before the got "feel" became a my "sadness"...

20160615_181436.jpg

notice the black /  cement coated wall at the top left? it is a unhackable / drillable beam that stretches from my Masterbedroom to living room... tru the Master toilet and common toilet. Try drilling this beam, leak may appear inside the walls (my neighbors kena)...This beam is around the same depth as the "cage" that hides the pipes in the toilet. Because of this freaking beam, and the pipes that nearly occupy the cage, my trunkings cannot go into the cage... hence the only and possible way to run the pipes is tru the wall... J&E agree with the aircon guy, say really bo bian..  it is really really really sad... this discussion went on for nearly 30 mins to try understand how to make it nicer...

At the end of the day... it looks like that and E say maybe paint a colour close to the tiles.... J tried to console me say his house worst.. so sad... my heart breaks... :~

FIRST RENO HICCUP - HDB Architect.. THANKS...

Edited by Reiken