Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

POLE SYSTEM WARDROBE

There were some who showed interest in our pole system wardrobe, so I thought I should share about it since we finally put it up yesterday! It is placed in our spare room which will be used as a wardrobe room for the time being before we have kids. We are also planning to get a dresser to fit more folded clothes & our messy stuff.

As for installation, it was super easy to install (Score: 5/5! Bin did it entirely by herself) but to get the instructions, we had to download Wechat and scan a QR code. The instructions are in the form of a video which was entirely in Mandarin. Haha. There weren't any hardcopy instructions given.

Top portion has some frames as it will be used to put up curtain tracks next time after we procure fabric to do up curtains. The poles are made of steel (very hardy) and the parts are well made. Overall, it is nice and sturdy but the horizontal poles can't be extended too wide or they will bend at the joint area.

IMG_20161224_220039-01-01_zpsnvma1gfu.jp

Been hosting gatherings for Christmas for "pre-housewarming" and also mainly because it forces us to clean up the house and to prepare it for living in instead of procrastinating. Haha

Here's our meal from today. Merry Christmas everyone! (Oops, took too long to compose this and it's past midnight already :lol:)

IMG_20161225_193932-01_zpssb9pe1pz.jpeg

Edited by kingandbin

Hi kingandbin, loved reading through your reno experience! 

May I get your contractor's contact details and your reno cost?

Thank you!

On 12/26/2016 at 2:25 PM, EAX said:

Hi kingandbin, loved reading through your reno experience! 

May I get your contractor's contact details and your reno cost?

Thank you!

On 12/27/2016 at 11:41 AM, Silverboi said:

Hi King and Bin, can I have Contractor E's contact as well as quotation please?

Thank you!

19 hours ago, mmt245 said:

Hi kingandbin, can share the contractor contact details and your reno cost?

Thanks

PMed all of you :)

On 12/27/2016 at 10:50 AM, d3n said:

how much is your master toilet's fully louvered door?

@d3n It was almost $500 if I recall correctly. Not cheap cause it's a PD door! 

Howdy folks, this is a semi-pointless post of me sharing a few more photos + some comments on new taobao buys not featured previously.

Since my last post on our taobao purchases, I've made at least 2 more orders via Ezbuy prime (ikr, the addiction is REAL!!) but didn't have the time to share about them. Some of the items have arrived, others are on a ship otw to Singapore, and 1 or 2 of my items are still missing in the China warehouse :dunno:  Sobs. Seriously though, half of the house consists of IKEA which the other half are Taobao stuff. Some of my friends are in disbelief. The only stuff not from these places are electronics like our Living Room fan (living room only ah, bedrooms ones are from tb too), Fridge, Hob, Hood, Stove. :lol:

Anyway! I'm here to share a little more on some taobao buys, since I realized I've got photos of a handful of 'em!

First up, mason cup with handle. Rating: 5/5 

Seen here pictured with ice cold water (coincidentally or not-so-coincidentally, the wordings on the glass say "Ice Cold Drink" lol) with some grapefruit bits inside. Yummeh. Achieve the café feel at home for only ~$0.60 a piece!

IMG_20161223_182816-01_zpsudzkty2j.jpeg

Next item, large mason dispenser jar. Rating: 4.7/5 

We got the 5l option! Slightly troublesome as the tap can only be attached when the jar's sitting in the frame and no matter how hard we screw in the tap, it will leak slightly. :( But will still recommend! It's perfect for serving drinks at gatherings and we plan on using it to store plain water for daily consumption. We paid for the cheaper option with the metal can below and received this. #tantio #freeupgrade I saw a more colourful version with plastic tap and lid selling at Giant recently for a good price, but this is still more economical~

IMG_20161226_195858-01_zpsnkap72va.jpeg

Dried flowerspadded pot mat. Rating 5/5 (for both!)

Bought a whole bunch of dried flowers and picked the prettiest of the lot for display in the living room. Love the cotton flowers! Baby's breath is from an old bouquet we dried ourselves. Glass jar from IKEA. Got a total of 3 pot mats in varying patterns! They look cute but are more troublesome to clean than regular rattan or cork material mats, since they need to be washed.

2016-12-19%2011.45.55%201_zpss595llti.jp

Assorted Chairs & Side Table from Taobao, Rating: 5/5 for all.

Back when we were cleaning the living room area and kept all our furniture in one of the rooms. All are from Taobao, except for the pouffe which is from Hipvan. Better look of the baby blue side table at this post. Funny story of the side table... all furniture from TB has to be self-assembled and there was once that King wanted to nap, so he told me to wake him up when I was done assembling this side table. It came in two pieces - the tray table top, and legs. Needless to say, I woke him up from his nap within 5 minutes. Of the 5min, 4min was spent opening up the packaging. Hahaha.

IMG_20161210_131348-01_zpsuwrhfuj3.jpeg

Pole system wardrobe reviewed earlier. Rating: 5/5. Got it for within $140 which is value for money!

IMG_20161227_185924-01_zpsacd805uo.jpeg

Here's a look at the kitchen with our bright white LED light strip turned on. Very bright but useful, especially since the ceiling light we got is slightly too dim for comfort.

IMG_20161218_225710-01_zpslqg6bss7.jpeg

Dining table fully extended to 2.2m length. Featuring the 3 pot mats from TB mentioned earlier in this post, and our robot vacuum we nicknamed "Robaca". We called it Ka Zua (hokkien for cockroach) before then but decided to change the name before it stuck :lol:

IMG_20161219_230726-01_zps5tvuf9ye.jpeg

* Putting a note here in case I forget again: Just got reminded (after owning the fridge for a month omg) upon reading a fellow tblog that the fridge is supposed to come with a free gift!!! Something like vacuum cleaner or rice cooker, can't recall. But we didn't receive it! Time to disturb the electronics store uncle..... 8|

Edited by kingandbin

11 hours ago, kingandbin said:

PMed all of you :)

@d3n It was almost $500 if I recall correctly. Not cheap cause it's a PD door! 

where u get the pd door from?

8 hours ago, d3n said:

where u get the pd door from?

It was supplied by our contractor. To get it directly you can check out www.swingslide.com.sg. PD door is the name they use to liaise with contractors, and with consumers direct its Swing Slide door. I believe it's the same company. Cheers! 

Hello King and Bin,

Enjoyed reading your reno blog and really like how your house turned out. My fiancee and I are also looking at a similar colour theme and are starting to look for ID/contractor contacts to get some quotes. Appreciate if you could share your contracter E and J&E contacts.

I would also like to ask about the ventilation fan in your toilets, did you have to drill a hole in the toilet window to fit the fan? How much did they cost you? Also for the pole system, are you concerned if your clothes trap dust since it's not inside a cabinet? 

On 12/29/2016 at 11:47 AM, guohong said:

Hello King and Bin,

Enjoyed reading your reno blog and really like how your house turned out. My fiancee and I are also looking at a similar colour theme and are starting to look for ID/contractor contacts to get some quotes. Appreciate if you could share your contracter E and J&E contacts.

I would also like to ask about the ventilation fan in your toilets, did you have to drill a hole in the toilet window to fit the fan? How much did they cost you? Also for the pole system, are you concerned if your clothes trap dust since it's not inside a cabinet? 

Hey guohong! Thanks for taking the time to read through our renoblog (: Will PM you their contacts shortly.

Yes the suppliers had to make a hole cut-out for the fan. We gave the self-purchased fans to our contractor and he got his supplier to fit in the fans when fabricating the windows. It cost about $400-$500 to change both toilets' windows.

The windows of that room will be likely be closed most of the time, and we'll have curtains for the pole system so hopefully it'll help keep dust out! We're also planning on keeping less used/worn clothes in drawers and only have regularly worns clothes displayed. It'll somewhat force us to keep our wardrobe lean too I guess. Haha.

Edited by kingandbin