Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

CLEAN & ALMOST READYY (FOR HANDOVER)

Guyzzz never thought I'd say this but the reno is almost complete. But the key word is almost. Haha. Can't wait for it all to be done- I'm getting tired of this whole process and just want the furnishings to be in asap :yeah: The PD door for master bathroom was installed yesterday and they did chemical cleaning for the place today. Previously, if we stomped on the ground clouds of dust will emerge (we liked to pretend they felt like special effects but the dust became annoying after awhile lah).

Anyway! It's better by leaps and bounds now. We still need to put in more muscle to clean the place properly but we can move about barefooted already! So happy! :dancingqueen:

The remaining layers of paint plus outstanding accessories and shelves will be done by this week & we have been tasked to look out for any defects for carpentry too. Those we spotted so far have been quite minor, but we've raised it to Contractor E already.

We are also still waiting for our new order of LED lights from Taobao to come in. Ordered them on 11/11 via Ezbuy Prime and they are still pending inspection by the agent in China omgg. The previous ones we ordered were extra thick and sturdy (lol), thus were not suitable to be used under the kitchen cabinets because they were too wide to fit and couldn't bend well. So we are waiting for them to come in before electricians can finish up the last bits and fix up our remaining switches. Of course, the swing door portion of the shower screen is outstanding as well.

Master toilet's fully louvered door:
Previously didn't even consider this but the husband mentioned that not only will there be good ventilation from the gaps in the door, the sound of the shower might possibly be loud enough to wake the other party who is sleeping in the room (?!?)  :bow:  can anyone with similar bathroom doors please share your experience?

IMG_20161129_204734-01_zpssc8yzzix.jpeg

With toilet bowl, bidet, tap, accessories all installed:

IMG_20161129_204648-01_zpsbxvpgo2w.jpeg

I think this is my favourite area so far! -- Rainshower and toiletries shelves with our beloved feature wall :wub::

IMG_20161129_204553-01_zpshcckicxv.jpeg

Common bathroom shower area: 
Rest of the bathroom's stuff such as towel bar, hanging hooks etc are all black. We like how it turned out! But... we picked a white mirror hoping it'll match the wall tiles and it turned out kinda meh instead. Maybe some plants or little accessories will have it look nicer? Will report back with pictures after we successfully spruce up the area. Hahahah.

IMG_20161129_204206-01_zpsbaqggxo1.jpeg

Finally, our oldest piece of furniture has been unboxed! But not connected to the water source yet as the piping/head isn't compatible. Also, as you can see here the service yard is really narrow. Both sides of the service yard has double pipes running through which leaves little usable space.

IMG_20161129_204032-01_zpsw2hsuknd.jpeg

Edited by kingandbin

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 1 October 2016 at 11:58 PM, Edger03 said:

Hi may I know how's the quality of the rain shower? Planning to get from this TB seller too. Thanks

may i ask what model did u choose for the white track light and which kind of light? yellow or white light?

On 11/30/2016 at 8:49 AM, rinee said:

:wub::wub:love your master room toilet feature wall!! Will copy your design if I had seen it earlier!:P

Awwh thank you! Your comment made my day! :sport-smiley-018:

Your marble tiled bathrooms are really nice too!! 

10 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

may i ask what model did u choose for the white track light and which kind of light? yellow or white light?

We chose the 7W option as I read somewhere online that 7W is the 'right' wattage for living room track lights - but please don't quote me on this haha. I have a friend who used 12W track lights which illuminated the area well but the lights turned out really chunky! The ones we got do not have any wires (prefer this as wires trap dust) and are small & cute!

The row closest to the windows are white lights, while we used warm white for the remaining ones. You can see the difference in colour temperature from where they illuminate the floor in the pic below. Personally, I prefer warm white lighting so we are thinking of switching up maybe 1 or 2 of the lights for the row at the window so the colour temperature is less cold. :)

IMG_20161119_184700-01_zpsubo3pqhz.jpeg

On 11/30/2016 at 8:49 AM, rinee said:

:wub::wub:love your master room toilet feature wall!! Will copy your design if I had seen it earlier!:P

agree, looks very angmo-ish :)

• Like 1

Hello!!!  :D

I finally took some time to read your updates! Been busy with my reno too!

I had created a T-blog too (under different account =/) But no time to update yet!!

Happy to see that your reno is almost done! 

What else still pending?  

I bought track lights from Taobao too.. but the white turned out to be beige.. very ugly!  Changed to black after that.

Is yours from Taobao too? Can share link?

I thought of changing my toilet's window too, but I'm not using the ventilation fan, is it expensive to change the window?

18 hours ago, Starrain said:

Hello!!!  :D

I finally took some time to read your updates! Been busy with my reno too!

I had created a T-blog too (under different account =/) But no time to update yet!!

Happy to see that your reno is almost done! 

What else still pending?  

I bought track lights from Taobao too.. but the white turned out to be beige.. very ugly!  Changed to black after that.

Is yours from Taobao too? Can share link?

I thought of changing my toilet's window too, but I'm not using the ventilation fan, is it expensive to change the window?

Hello!! You are back! Haven't seen you around in awhile. Yay! Congrats on starting on your reno. Why'd you use a different account for your tblog? Haha

Ive always handled TB purchases as being one-wayy to sg~ how'd you manage to change the colour? Did the seller or you bear the shipping fees for sending the lights to and fro sg? 

Bought my lights from here: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=531159314848

E did say that lighting tracks are not universal and we should buy the lights + tracks from the same seller. But I'm not sure how true this is also. 

We provided our own ventilation fan and it cost about $400-$500 to change both toilets' windows. Not sure if it'll be cheaper if you don't have a fan installed though! 

Sorry for confusion. By 'change' I mean change in my own head. lol. Because I think very hard and decided to get white instead of black initially. 

So bought only 2 pcs of the light to 'test'. Seeing it was so 'unwhite' :rofl:changed my mind and ordered the black ones, safer like that.

Thanks for sharing with me the link.  NOW, feels like getting white again. LOL :~

About the different account, I also don't know, just got sick of the Starrain name.

19 hours ago, joeleesgp said:

What is your whole floor tiling cost?

Tiling costed about $7.5~$8k for living room and all bedrooms, including cement screeding. The tiles we picked are $3psf. 

On 12/5/2016 at 2:07 PM, tohlianseng said:

can you pm your quotation and total cost of everything in your reno that you spend?

can you pm your glass installer ?

thanks

PMed you. Glass installer I won't be sharing the contact as we've had multiple issues for the installation of my shower screen. They came by ytd for the third time and yet another problem popped up :( won't recommend till everything is resolved. 

Edited by kingandbin