Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
23 hours ago, rxgn said:

how much your id charge you for the mbr bathroom, mirror cabinet?

PMed you :)

18 hours ago, skinnylemur said:

Could you please share the link for your taobao ventilation fans please? Thank you!!

Heya, here's the link! https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35161479731. The item is available on Ezbuy's Prime too! Fans already installed but yet to connect to the wall switch so crossing fingers that both will work!

Edited by kingandbin

On 11/10/2016 at 1:12 PM, pipsqueak said:

very very nice!!! keep the pictures coming! i like how you chose wooden-looking tiles for your bathroom..makes me wish i should have gone for that. :wub:

i also saw themerrymaker's home and i loved her entire home! i like checking out #dayrehomes whenever i'm free too haha.

Hehehe thank you!! your toilets look wonderful already. your floor tiles are the textured kind right? looks nice too!

Yessss her home was what inspired me to switch to a warmer-looking colour palette for the flooring! So cozy and love how her place is made to accommodate messiness. Haha. #dayrehomes is my guilty pleasure now. Can't stop stalking gathering inspiration :rofl:

LET THERE BE LIGHT!  :)

The electricians came over today for lights and fan installations! Here's what our living room's area looks like now. Shoutout to @ricepapergirl, the Fanco fan you recommended is fabulous! Super windy. We love it!

IMG_20161111_135613-01_zpsofggonaq.jpeg

The track lights in front of the window will be illuminating our dining area. Decided not to have hanging/pendant lights for our dining area as we wanted the space to be flexible if we decided to rearrange furniture. The ceiling looks slightly busy w/ the three rows of track lights and fan, but this configuration best suits our need for flexibility :)

IMG_20161111_144236-01_zpsu8oekga1.jpeg

Kitchen with TB wall fan and ceiling light. Love how the fan matches with the silver accents in the kitchen. We were soooo close to getting a Vento Fino for the kitchen (after our mum raised concerns that this fan we bought might not work, because #taobao). But the Vento Fino was OOS the day we wanted to go into JB to purchase it. Glad that this fan fits in well too! Whether or not it functions well... it's for us to find out another day. Haha.

IMG_20161111_124026-01_zpsmr8fv4by.jpeg

Walkway with warm track lights.

IMG_20161111_142134-01_zps0qurpeot.jpeg

Study room ceiling fan

IMG_20161111_144125-01_zpseuqo3nqq.jpeg

Spare/dressing room's ceiling fan - same as the study room's but in white. both from tb!

IMG_20161111_144055-01_zps5gnnqiyp.jpeg

MBR Entryway

IMG_20161111_143927-01_zpsgyuejs30.jpeg

MBR Pendant Lights from IKEA. The length/positioning looks slightly awkward as we didn't expect the lanterns to hang so low (they are huge!) when dangling from the ceiling. Might have to play with the wires abit more.

IMG_20161111_143911-01_zpsh34pkwok.jpeg

Master bathroom lamp with clear LED bulb

IMG_20161111_144643-01_zpsxlz1j7sg.jpeg

Common toilet's 3-tone light. This is in warm white setting.

IMG_20161111_144716-01_zpsijt5ag18.jpeg

Service yard's windows were up the last time we visited as well, just that we didn't manage to get a photo then! Overlooking the inner facade of the building thus there isn't much natural light or sun.

IMG_20161111_144506-01_zps4xbvjytc.jpeg

That's all for today! Now back to Taobao for the super 11/11 sale. Heehee~

Edited by kingandbin

Hello, virgin post here. I really enjoyed reading your blog so keep the updates coming!

I see that you have met with some really popular contractors in RT. Would you share their contacts with me please? Also if you don't mind, please share your quote too!

50 minutes ago, Ace55 said:

Hi, 

can you pm me contractor E's contact? Nice reno works in progress! 

Sure, have PMed you~

11 minutes ago, pandacel said:

Hello, virgin post here. I really enjoyed reading your blog so keep the updates coming!

I see that you have met with some really popular contractors in RT. Would you share their contacts with me please? Also if you don't mind, please share your quote too!

Thanks for taking the time to read through my journey! Indeed they are really popular and after meeting them I can see why! Have sent you a PM (:

• Like 2

Really looking greatt.. can't wait to see the final look :yeah:

Your lighting and fan is up after the carpentry ? hmmm now I wandering why mine is up before the carpentry and even my vinyl not fix yet.... But my sanitary is up already, keep thinking that my home reno is not in order :P

16 hours ago, pankponk said:

Really looking greatt.. can't wait to see the final look :yeah:

Your lighting and fan is up after the carpentry ? hmmm now I wandering why mine is up before the carpentry and even my vinyl not fix yet.... But my sanitary is up already, keep thinking that my home reno is not in order :P

Thanks @pankponk for the vote of confidence! :) Can't wait for the debris to be cleared out so that furnishings can start coming in!

Yup, I think might be because we requested for led lights strips on the underside of our cabinets. So the carpentry has to be in before the electricians can install these lightings. For us, sanitary will be the final portion before they do up our PD door then handover already~

Hahah I'm sure your contractor/ID's sequence of works is based on their own well-versed experience. Don't worry too much! All will be well in the end ;)

Edited by kingandbin

Hi kingandbin,

Finally get to see the carpentry after a long wait. Especially the ikea countertop with white cabinet and the gold knob. Very nice color contrast.

Very nice clean look overall for the whole house... Looking forward to more updates :)

Kingandbin, can i check the small black fan that you have bought from TB is how many inches? 

I went to the link that you provide and think maybe you getting the 32inches one?

Have you tested? Is it steady and windy?

TIA ^^

On 11/13/2016 at 2:26 PM, osiris7777 said:

Hi kingandbin,

Finally get to see the carpentry after a long wait. Especially the ikea countertop with white cabinet and the gold knob. Very nice color contrast.

Very nice clean look overall for the whole house... Looking forward to more updates :)

:):)  Hehe yes, finally~ Thank you! Quite happy with what we see so far. Didn't check properly but so far it seems there aren't any major issues/defects. :good:

Keeping the space bright and white so it serves as a plain canvas for whatever furniture we decide to put in. 

9 hours ago, Polkadots08 said:

Kingandbin, can i check the small black fan that you have bought from TB is how many inches? 

I went to the link that you provide and think maybe you getting the 32inches one?

Have you tested? Is it steady and windy?

TIA ^^

Hello there! We got the 42" fan. It is quite petite for our room! Have tested it, light is good and bright. Wind not super duper strong but maybe cause the size is rather small, plus we are comparing the wind effect with our living fan which is crazy windy. Most likely we'll have it on highest speed setting when using but the good thing is that it's quite silent (in my opinion) and the fan is not wobbly at all.

Still a worthwhile buy considering that fans with light kits in sg don't come cheap. The 11/11 promo price still on now is $10++ cheaper than when I got it. Maybe you can compare the prices with those from Msia and decide where would be a better place/country to purchase your fan from :notti: But of course, the TB ones don't have warranty lah

Edited by kingandbin

Love love your blog!

could u plus your Contractor's contact plus the popular ones which u have initially shortlisted? Thank you so much! :)

9 hours ago, kingandbin said:

:):)  Hehe yes, finally~ Thank you! Quite happy with what we see so far. Didn't check properly but so far it seems there aren't any major issues/defects. :good:

Keeping the space bright and white so it serves as a plain canvas for whatever furniture we decide to put in. 

Hello there! We got the 42" fan. It is quite petite for our room! Have tested it, light is good and bright. Wind not super duper strong but maybe cause the size is rather small, plus we are comparing the wind effect with our living fan which is crazy windy. Most likely we'll have it on highest speed setting when using but the good thing is that it's quite silent (in my opinion) and the fan is not wobbly at all.

Still a worthwhile buy considering that fans with light kits in sg don't come cheap. The 11/11 promo price still on now is $10++ cheaper than when I got it. Maybe you can compare the prices with those from Msia and decide where would be a better place/country to purchase your fan from :notti: But of course, the TB ones don't have warranty lah

Thank you Kingandbin!!

The Fanco you bought it at JB?

I only need one ceiling fan in my living room. So not sure which to buy also..