Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

21 hours ago, rae said:

omg the candy stools look awesome! have bookedmarked for future purchase. :wub:

Hehe and I can't wait to properly unbox them after the reno is done and take them out to use! The colours are pretty!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
19 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Very green one u go see our toilet that time!! I had to make him change it to black :(

Yesss I saw! That's why feel scared about the colour. We tried asking him today and he said bobian, will be green green :unsure: 
So he's helping us find out how much it'll cost for marble-look solid surface instead. Hoping the price won't be crazy!

17 hours ago, Edger03 said:

Hi may I know how's the quality of the rain shower? Planning to get from this TB seller too. Thanks

We have opened up the box to check and the quality looks good! Packed neatly and arrived in perfect condition. The rainshower and its parts are nice and solid, quite heavy also. It has yet to be fixed up by the plumber though. We will probably give a review once that is done!

On 10/1/2016 at 2:41 PM, kingandbin said:

Ooh another option! Just curious, what's the pricing for them like? Excel's prices are a little on the high side for me which is why we got them from TB instead!

Haha, sorry! I'm been only sourcing online -- haven't gotten round to asking Shanghai Tong Lee for their prices either! Shall update if I do. So far, your TB pull-out rack looks great! But I'm looking for those narrow wire ones too, so IKEA is out for me. Have no clue how to TB — so might be excel for me! @Catt got the excel pull-out larder, shall ask her if the quality's worth the price.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:33 PM, kingandbin said:

FINALLY

With all the needed kitchen appliances and other fixtures delivered, we are finally ready to discuss the finer details of carpentry with Contractor E! Meanwhile, we've still got to decide on the ceiling fan for our living room. Did some research today but can't yet decide on one which comes without a light kit, looks nice and is economical. The search continues!

Another thing to discuss with Contractor E tomorrow would be the countertop for our floating shelf in the master toilet. As it will be susceptible to water splashes from using the sink, E had previously suggested using either glass top or kompacplus.

We're leaning towards using white coloured glass but worry that it might have a greenish tinge. Another option we'd like to consider is marble-look solid surface (or something similar) but he had dissuaded us from using solid surface for reasons I can't quite remember. Shall ask him again when we meet him!

For your fan, have you considered Fanco? We have two Fanco FFM7000 in black, no light kit, simple, relatively cheap (I recall not more than $300 a piece) and easy to maintain. No remote though, we just switch it on like a light switch. Got a photo of it in motion here:

DSC_0030_1.jpg

Been working well with zero problems for 4 months now.

15 hours ago, stray said:

Haha, sorry! I'm been only sourcing online -- haven't gotten round to asking Shanghai Tong Lee for their prices either! Shall update if I do. So far, your TB pull-out rack looks great! But I'm looking for those narrow wire ones too, so IKEA is out for me. Have no clue how to TB — so might be excel for me! @Catt got the excel pull-out larder, shall ask her if the quality's worth the price.

It's okay in terms of quality- not flimsy. Price is fine in comparison to Blum but the config is different (Blum has two sleek shelves for tall bottles and I like mine complicated with different height compartments) but 2 things to note. Height of the internal cavity of the cabinet must not be too high (mine was way higher than the excel rack), otherwise the pullout door will not feel stable. If not must ask carpenter to reinforce the pull-out door. Depth- make sure you can fully extend the pullout. My carpenter miscalculated by 0.05cm, now I cannot remove the plastic tray at the bottom of the rack to clean as it is a slide-out.

I can't tell if it's gonna rust yet. Also my dong dong carpenter installed the rack the 'wrong' way round. I told him to install with the knife-holders positioned next to the hob (left-side) and he installed it facing the right-side.:furious:

17 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Yesss I saw! That's why feel scared about the colour. We tried asking him today and he said bobian, will be green green :unsure: 
So he's helping us find out how much it'll cost for marble-look solid surface instead. Hoping the price won't be crazy!

Hi @kingandbin, I tried scrolling through your blog to figure out the type of kitchen/ bathroom vanity countertop you will be using. Here's an idea for you- I saw that someone in the forum actually asked the ID/ contractor to use the leftover sink cut-out of their kitchen counter-top to create shampoo shelves. I thought it was a great idea since you are using leftover materials from something you've already paid for. I tried to get my contractor to use the leftover Caeserstone to create shampoo ledges, but as usual he told me a whole bunch of stuff about how expensive it was to get them to cut the caeserstone into the size blah blah blah yada yada.

Edited by Catt

17 hours ago, kingandbin said:

He confirm recommend you mine one. Cus the rest not pretty and more expensive. But he also advised me to use the tempered glass over solid top. :/ 

10 hours ago, Catt said:

Hi @kingandbin, I tried scrolling through your blog to figure out the type of kitchen/ bathroom vanity countertop you will be using. Here's an idea for you- I saw that someone in the forum actually asked the ID/ contractor to use the leftover sink cut-out of their kitchen counter-top to create shampoo shelves. I thought it was a great idea since you are using leftover materials from something you've already paid for. I tried to get my contractor to use the leftover Caeserstone to create shampoo ledges, but as usual he told me a whole bunch of stuff about how expensive it was to get them to cut the caeserstone into the size blah blah blah yada yada.

Ooh great advice @Catt! But we'll be using kompacplus for one side of the kitchen and ikea countertop for the other side. So it prolly won't work for both materials :(. When my sister did her reno she used leftover tiles as shampoo ledges too (I stalked her t-blog then haha). But anyway our shampoo ledges have already been bought from TB so there's no turning back :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

He confirm recommend you mine one. Cus the rest not pretty and more expensive. But he also advised me to use the tempered glass over solid top. :/ 

Yeah we asked him to find out the price for your solid surface! Cause I rmb the price is quite reasonable, plus looks pretty :wub:  He encouraged us to get kompacplus since we're already using it for kitchen but I was quite insistent on something non-woody since we picked wooden laminates too for the bathroom.

Ultimately, the price for solid surface may end up being the same as or very slightly more expensive than kompacplus. But right now my heart is set on getting a marble-look vanity top. And I was quite stubborn about it when discussing with him. Ah wellll, shall see how it goes~

Edited by kingandbin

On 30 September 2016 at 2:23 PM, stray said:

@Changbp @kingandbin Kaypoh and chiming in since I'm looking for the same narrow pull-out condiments rack. Also found some at Shanghai Tong Lee if you are looking for more options!

Thanks I went thru the brochure. The standard wire rack Looks to be of similar quality as excel. Though it have a lot more other designs which offers more customization possibility. Definitely worth considering if the price is good.

On 3 October 2016 at 10:56 AM, Catt said:

We wanted to use the leftover sink cutout for ledges as well, but our contractor said that will be additional costs -$200 extra for masonry works and plus plus for polishing of the edges. We felt like it's just so not worth it for two measly ledges. :bangwall:

On 10/2/2016 at 10:24 PM, Razor Rahman said:

Hi,

I enjoyed reading your detailed blog and it is very informative. Thank you.

I would be grateful if you can share contractor E's contact details. Thank You

Hello! Have sent his number over :)

On 10/3/2016 at 9:38 AM, ricepapergirl said:

For your fan, have you considered Fanco? We have two Fanco FFM7000 in black, no light kit, simple, relatively cheap (I recall not more than $300 a piece) and easy to maintain. No remote though, we just switch it on like a light switch. Got a photo of it in motion here:

DSC_0030_1.jpg

Been working well with zero problems for 4 months now.

Yup, we saw a couple of good reviews of Fanco on renotalk! Considering your fan model! :lol: How's the wind flow like for your fan~ Do you usually switch on speed 1 or 2?

Hi kingandbin,

Can PM me Contractor E and N and K contact if you don't mind? Would like to ask for quotes for my new home coming Dec.
Thank you !:D

16 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Yup, we saw a couple of good reviews of Fanco on renotalk! Considering your fan model! :lol: How's the wind flow like for your fan~ Do you usually switch on speed 1 or 2?

The wind flow is pretty good, we leave it on 1 most of the time. We purposely have our sofa where it is now (away from the wall) because that's where the most wind created by the fan + most cooling, but that is also because my living room is very wide (5m wide) so if you have a smaller space I think the wind coverage should be great. We have the same fan upstairs in the MBR (almost same size as our living room) and sometimes when it's very very warm at night it might need to be put in speed 2 (but we're too lazy lol) but most of the time speed 1 is sufficient for us.

• Like 1