Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
3 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Aiyoo @bykaraanne don't sad k, your home (and kitchen!) is already so so gorgeous. I'm still a little sad that it wasn't your place which E brought us to see see for workmanship haha. He def still keeps you close to his heart (lol). Heard him mention you a few times before already! 

Oh and do you still recall what shade of white your laminates are, or how you picked that particular shade of white? The husband is of no help where it comes to colours and I'm going mad trying to decide if the cabinets will turn out too white or yellowish in contrast to our subway backsplash. Not sure if there really isn't the perfect shade of white out there or if I'm just picky zzz :ph34r:

My house not so much carpentry mah! Haha. 

I don't remember lor. Cus I chose it in 5 minutes. I don't even know what brand it is. Haha.

I just showed them the Pinterest picture and carpenter + Edmund helped me see which white it is. Just stark white glossy laminate white, with no glitter. It's on those page with only white and black one no other laminate samples hahahaha. 

MINI UPDATE ON CHAIRS

Our chairs purchased via Ezbuy Prime were delivered today! The deliveryman was quite kanchiong and basically ran off when we reached. So we decided to open up the boxes at the doorway where there actually is light. Last week upon returning from our holiday, Bin immediately dragged King went over to the new house after we had dinner, where we spent 1.5hr in the dark !! assisted by one dim table lamp to open up the previous batch of over 20 small packages of taobao items. #fml 

For reference, according to the packages' labels, the box on top is about 15kg volumetric weight/9kg actual weight, while the box below is 20.5kg volumetric weight/12kg actual weight. In reality, the box on top is bulkier though slightly lighter.

688YGQJ.jpg

Gingerly opened up the first box to find.. our coloured stools! And already assembled so we don't need to struggle with the screws. Yay! :dancingqueen:

ylyC5pd.jpg

Only managed to spot the purple + white coloured ones from this end of the box but we like what we see! The purple is a nice pastel shade and the legs are made of wood. The outside of the legs have a clear varnish and we tried running our fingers along all sides of the chair legs, feels nice and smooth :good:

Zs9dQ2U.jpg

The legs of all the stools are bound together with cling wrap so we couldn't check them in its entirety but there was a small nick on the side of the 1st stool. Doesn't bother us too much but we've got to check if the rest of 'em are in good condition.

93GmjuJ.jpg

The other box contains 2 dining chairs which needs some assembling. But similarly, the wooden legs feel nice, smooth and solid. And the seat portion has a pvc cushion which feels rather plush. Hopefully it will be comfortable!

Unboxing stuff is somewhat exciting yet super dull at the same time. Exciting to see what the stuff we ordered looks like in person and to touch/feel them. But the amount of dust and packaging we've got to work through is just... tiring. Plus, Bin informed some sellers to "加强包装" which means extra muscle is needed to uncrate certain items  :sport-smiley-003:

After going through the items received, we realized what's more important is how the item is packed inside the box and not really outside. In our opinion lah. So even certain items like glass shelves arrived in one piece despite it not having 加强的包装 (strengthened packaging) because the sellers packed them very carefully with pieces of styrofoam inside, which protected the items well. So unless you are very sure that the item needs extra protection, don't request it from the sellers if you aren't ready to pry open wooden frames full of splinters and staples. :jammin:

NWgFHb0.jpg

Edited by kingandbin

CURRENT RENO STATUS

Sometime during this month we also managed to get the aircon folks to drop by our place for some minor stuff, such as sealing up some gaps left between the aircon trunking and external wall alongside aircon ledge. And yes, our unit is one of those where you look right at the aircon ledges from the corridor so one of us fiercely stared at them watched them patch up the gaps from the corridor haha.

IMG_20160903_173741-01_zps0afrtwhm.jpeg

The condensation pipe was trimmed as well. All it took was a quick snip on their super sharp pliers/scissors which only needed 2 seconds to complete :rolleyes: The edge is still a little rough so we may get some sandpaper or smth to smooth it down. And since the workers had nothing else on the agenda after they helpfully took their silicon gun and ran it through the edges of all trunkings within their reach.

IMG_20160903_172938-01_zpsfcp6zsgj.jpeg

On our end, almost everything required for carpentry measurements is on standby at the house. The toilet bowl and master bathroom sink will be delivered this Thursday and we're still waiting for the metal pull out drawers from TB - which will here by end of this week hopefully.

For those on a tight timeline, please ensure you get everything ready beforehand or ask for the schedule from your ID/contractor! Such as how many weeks after reno commencement should lightings and fixtures be ready for installation, electronics be on standby for carpentry measurements, etc.

Since we are in no hurry to move in, our contractor wound up waiting for us to get our stuff ready. As of this week, our reno works have not seen any progress for about a month or so  zz  Which is fine with us, but rather anti-climatic lah.

Edited by kingandbin

BRING ME HOME! (Selling Post)

Hey guys, we've got some spare parts lying around which we'd like to give away/sell at a nominal price. As our place is a SOBF, the previous owners chose to opt in for some components and we won't be using all of them. Please note that some hardware parts (i.e. hinges, door handles) may not be in perfect condition as they have been unused in our home for the past 2 years collecting dust, but they still function as they should.

Anyone who's interested in the below items please PM me! Technically we paid for them with our CPF so please offer a token sum :)  As long as its reasonable we should be ok!

Self pick-up at Seng Kang area. 

{ITEMS ALL CLEARED}

Edited by kingandbin

14 minutes ago, gumbokins said:

saving for future reference! haha!

Haha usually I'll write 将运输国外,请加强包装。(will be shipped overseas, please strengthen packaging) :P

Some sellers won't bother and some will oblige. And then there's those who wrap it with boards on all sides haha. Might need to top up for this kind! 

Edited by kingandbin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

My house not so much carpentry mah! Haha. 

I don't remember lor. Cus I chose it in 5 minutes. I don't even know what brand it is. Haha.

I just showed them the Pinterest picture and carpenter + Edmund helped me see which white it is. Just stark white glossy laminate white, with no glitter. It's on those page with only white and black one no other laminate samples hahahaha. 

Wha so decisive! Impressive leh. Most people take ages to decide on laminates hahah. We've got two booklets of laminates with us, will go see if can find that page  :deal: 

23 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Wah **** sad. Why he boh help me. I recommend so many people to him he also bo help me :( 

excited to see ur houses... hai. 

Not bo help u... But he really never do before leh..  don't know should worry or not.. don't know is there any shaker style that looks ugly... :wacko:

8 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Wha so decisive! Impressive leh. Most people take ages to decide on laminates hahah. We've got two booklets of laminates with us, will go see if can find that page  :deal: 

Is called bo bian. My husband not around, just me only. His work also cannot pick up phone one, so all I choose -.- 

anyway I just follow Pinterest one my entire kitchen! 

2 hours ago, Starrain said:

Not bo help u... But he really never do before leh..  don't know should worry or not.. don't know is there any shaker style that looks ugly... :wacko:

How is he proposing to do now? Won't lah, Edmund is quuuuuite steady. If he not confident I don't think he will propose you do. 

23 hours ago, kingandbin said:

BRING ME HOME! (Selling Post)

Hey guys, we've got some spare parts lying around which we'd like to give away/sell at a nominal price. As our place is a SOBF, the previous owners chose to opt in for some components and we won't be using all of them. Please note that some hardware parts (i.e. hinges, door handles) may not be in perfect condition as they have been unused in our home for the past 2 years collecting dust, but they still function as they should.

Anyone who's interested in the below items please PM me! Technically we paid for them with our CPF so please offer a token sum :)  As long as its reasonable we should be ok!

Self pick-up at Seng Kang area. 

(1)  2 x HDB Doors

IMG_20160903_173540-01_zpsslx8dlpq.jpeg

IMG_20160828_151959-01_zps6vzu5ema.jpeg

(2)  1 x Toilet Bowl. We'll only be keeping one for the common toilet and so letting go of the remaining one :) 

IMG_20160828_152044-01_zpsfgpmb6di.jpeg

IMG_20160828_152052-01_zpst5ybtbup.jpeg

(3)  1 x Pedestal Sink with Tap. Tap has slight rusting and not tested if it works, so not for fussy pple. We'll gladly giveaway the sink for free if you get either the door(s) or toilet bowl!

IMG-20160616-WA0001-01_zpsg4hkfpyt.jpeg

IMG_20160903_173438-01_zps6ka7oxey.jpeg

Hi I'm interested in this sink, not used before?

9 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Hello @Mannequin! Yes and yes.

Sink with pedestal is unused as we've yet to move in. The two are indeed our toilet doors! They will be replaced with bifolds/PD, and so we don't need them.. 

Hi How much are you going to sell the Sink with pedestal? My resale flat is using sliding toilet doors so I think the toilet doors you are selling might not be useful to me. Thank you.

On 9/28/2016 at 10:00 AM, Mannequin said:

Hi How much are you going to sell the Sink with pedestal? My resale flat is using sliding toilet doors so I think the toilet doors you are selling might not be useful to me. Thank you.

Hmmhm maybe $30? We are not really looking to make a profit, just want to clear haha. PM me for more details! :yamseng:

Edited by kingandbin